Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless you and all savannahs family @MarieWS . I think most of us here are all of the same opinion as you, bar a few people. I imagine it is incredibly difficult. It was difficult for most of us to hear the details too, but of course definitely more so for you and everyone that loved savannah, we couldn't compare to the grief you all feel. But now we hope for justice with you. Stay strong and continue to ignore anything from anyone that may disturb your peace right now.

Thanks! I’m not offended by any discussions going on in this forum here. I’d pull myself out if so. This forum is the only one I participate in bc it is the most respectful and follows certain rules. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Thanks! I’m not offended by any discussions going on in this forum here. I’d pull myself out if so. This forum is the only one I participate in bc it is the most respectful and follows certain rules. Thanks for all the well wishes!

I'm glad you feel that way, we would all love you to stick around I'm sure. Take care @MarieWS and praying for justice.

Without giving out the information are you saying the Police have told you enough that you feel this was a murder? I can't see why you feel her ankles being taped together is definitely telling you it was done before she died to restrain her unless you know more than we do about the tape on her ankles. Makes no sense to me when her hands were free and her mouth too. Makes more sense to me because he folded her to get her into the bags he secured her ankles to keep her legs together in the bag and to bag her.

I have to admit you being on this forum and reading everything said has left me wondering why? I've considered not even posting because some feel some are disrespecting Savannah and you too I assume. I assume I'm one of the people they're pointing a finger at because I haven't formed an opinion yet on if Savannah was murdered.

How do you feel about what's being said on this forum about Savannah and what has taken place? I need to make a decision on whether I want to continue posting here about Savannah and her being found deceased. If this is going to be just discussion on David being guilty and wanting to see him punished to the fullest degree before we even know all of the evidence I don't want to share anymore. I also don't enjoy reading posts telling others they should feel guilty for what they are sharing.

I can understand your questions. I’m sure it feels weird. And I can certainly remove myself from the discussion if it is hindering people’s opinions. 7 months into hearing lots of horrible things, I have become a bit desensitized to discussion. I think as long as TOS are being followed, people should freely express their opinions as this is the intention of this site. I will pull myself off the site if it becomes too difficult for me to see.

Thank you, I too would much rather see this as an accident and not a murder but like you say not enough information to know why Savannah died. I too feel bad for everyone involved and if people are responsible for Savannah's death I want to see them punished. I also want to see David punished for the charges he is facing now if he stays charged with his present charges. If he did do what he's charged with now he caused a number of people to suffer. I want him to realize how wrong he was in doing what he did. If he murdered her I see him as an individual with some serious mental health issues and he has to pay a price for taking a life and also be kept away from society so that he doesn't harm anyone else.
I don't want to see it as either an accident or murder. I just want to see justice done. DS is a criminal either way.

Good morning Marie, and everyone.

I cant begin to even comprehend what you all are going through as you wait. My prayers are with you all during this very difficult time. The wait time has to seem like a lifetime.

I am reminded of another tragic case when one of my coworkers went missing, but was found a couple of days later in a wooded area far from her home. She was found dead inside of her vehicle which had been burned.

The investigators worked on her case for over 4 months to determine if she died accidently from the fire or if it was foul play. She was a mother of a 10 year old child, and married.

All that time the public waited for answers. However her mother was kept abreast of the ongoing investigation all along. I had been friends with Rs mom for years.

She was told many confidential things during those months, but she promised she wouldn't divulge any information, and she kept that promise.

Even when talking to the local media she never hinted in any way what the investigators had told her about the evidence that showed foul play was involved, and who they suspected.

Once learning of this, my heart broke for her because for 4 months she had to interact closely with the suspect due to him having custody of her granddaughter at the time.

She was determined to make things seem normal even when around the man she knew LE was investigating as being responsible for her only child's death.

Later, she said it was almost as hard to do as knowing he was the one who had done it.

She said she never told anyone about any of the details she was being told, and it was very hard to do, BUT she knew LE was protecting the integrity of the investigation, and she must do so too. Plus LE did not want to alert him in any way they were gathering evidence for his arrest... which did happen four months later. He was a man of wealth, and LE knew he had the means to flee. They even notified her hours before he was finally going to be arrested. She was awarded custody of her granddaughter once he was convicted.

So I do understand how it must be difficult to know certain things yet cannot divulge them publicly at this time or if you give us some information you have to form it as your opinions.

We know why you must do this because it protects the ongoing investigation, and your number one priority and goal is to see justice is done for Savannah.

You have so many from afar that totally supports you in your quest for justice for your beautiful Savannah. Hugs.

Jmho

Without giving out the information are you saying the Police have told you enough that you feel this was a murder? I can't see why you feel her ankles being taped together is definitely telling you it was done before she died to restrain her unless you know more than we do about the tape on her ankles. Makes no sense to me when her hands were free and her mouth too. Makes more sense to me because he folded her to get her into the bags he secured her ankles to keep her legs together in the bag and to bag her.

I have to admit you being on this forum and reading everything said has left me wondering why? I've considered not even posting because some feel some are disrespecting Savannah and you too I assume. I assume I'm one of the people they're pointing a finger at because I haven't formed an opinion yet on if Savannah was murdered.

How do you feel about what's being said on this forum about Savannah and what has taken place? I need to make a decision on whether I want to continue posting here about Savannah and her being found deceased. If this is going to be just discussion on David being guilty and wanting to see him punished to the fullest degree before we even know all of the evidence I don't want to share anymore. I also don't enjoy reading posts telling others they should feel guilty for what they are sharing.
There is no Dislike button so, here's a dislike.

I can understand your questions. I’m sure it feels weird. And I can certainly remove myself from the discussion if it is hindering people’s opinions. 7 months into hearing lots of horrible things, I have become a bit desensitized to discussion. I think as long as TOS are being followed, people should freely express their opinions as this is the intention of this site. I will pull myself off the site if it becomes too difficult for me to see.

Thank you for answering my concerns.

I believe she was found in the unnatural position of being folded over was due to the container he used to secrete her body out of his house without the body being seen. Imo, when he buried her she was in a rigor mortis stage so he buried her in the same position she was in inside the container he used to move her out of the house. Imo rigor mortis relaxes at some point, but when thrown in the grave she was still in full rigor. Imo or frozen in that position inside the transport container due to the frigid cold weather conditions.

Even if LE saw him on a video removing items capable of hiding a dead body that would not be enough probable cause to charge him with murder at that time.

Jmho

Last edited:
I believe she was found in the unnatural position of being folded over was due to the container he used to secrete her body out of his house without the body being seen. Imo, when he buried her she was in a rigor mortis stage so he buried her in the same position she was in inside the container he used to move her out of the house. Imo rigor mortis relaxes at some point, but when thrown in the grave she was still in full rigor. Imo or frozen in that position inside the transport container due to the frigid cold weather conditions.

Even if LE saw him on a video removing items capable of hiding a dead body that would not be enough probable cause to charge him with murder at that time.

Jmho
I think if DS used some sort of container to transport Savannah's body out of the house, he would have buried her in that container. And if he used a container to move the body, he likely would not have taken the time to put her body in the garbage bags.

He buried the rug with her body for what ever reason. I can't see him removing her body from a container and then having to dispose of the container somewhere as well.

JMO

Jmho
Good morning. I always read your posts very carefully. "secrete her body" drew a chuckle. I make plenty of mistakes myself. lol

Good morning. I always read your posts very carefully. "secrete her body" drew a chuckle. I make plenty of mistakes myself. lol

she is absolutely correct:

verb (2)
se·crete | \ si-ˈkrēt , ˈsē-krət\
secreted; secreting
Definition of secrete (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to deposit or conceal in a hiding place
2: to appropriate secretly : ABSTRACT

Here's just my own theory of what happened:

Savannah was very intoxicated and either willingly took or was slipped some type of drug once they reached DS's home. The alleged video said she was practically incoherent if it's to be believed.

I think things quickly spun out of control with all 3 men participating to some degree. The other 2 left at some point, remember, LE will know exactly when they left based on the surveillance video showing them all going into the home.

Perhaps Savannah wanted to leave then also, but the guys didn't want to take her all the way back to her car. She may have been upset, rightly so, and argued with DS.

He killed Savannah in his bedroom and stashed her into the closet until he got some kind of plan together. That could explain blood being found in the closet. I think he first went to his parents home and dug the shallow hole, came back home and bagged her remains and put them in some type of container, ie suitcase, cooler, etc. to discretely remove her from the home. He had to bury the rug with her because of blood and/or bodily fluids.

I don't believe it was an accidental overdose, too much of an extreme coverup, suspicious behavior and illogical actions by DS.

JMO

Here's just my own theory of what happened:

Savannah was very intoxicated and either willingly took or was slipped some type of drug once they reached DS's home. The alleged video said she was practically incoherent if it's to be believed.

I think things quickly spun out of control with all 3 men participating to some degree. The other 2 left at some point, remember, LE will know exactly when they left based on the surveillance video showing them all going into the home.

Perhaps Savannah wanted to leave then also, but the guys didn't want to take her all the way back to her car. She may have been upset, rightly so, and argued with DS.

He killed Savannah in his bedroom and stashed her into the closet until he got some kind of plan together. That could explain blood being found in the closet. I think he first went to his parents home and dug the shallow hole, came back home and bagged her remains and put them in some type of container, ie suitcase, cooler, etc. to discretely remove her from the home. He had to bury the rug with her because of blood and/or bodily fluids.

I don't believe it was an accidental overdose, too much of an extreme coverup, suspicious behavior and illogical actions by DS.

JMO
How do you think he killed her?

I don't think he used a gun, I'd say blunt force trauma or strangulation. :(
IMO Blunt force trauma would have definitely been determined during the autopsy. Strangulation most likely as well. Her body was identified by her fingerprints and tattoos, which IMO says her body was in very good condition when found, opposed to badly decomposed like many think a body should be after being in the ground for that amount of time. The ground was cold for a good portion of that time and may have been shaded as well by the shed and trees from the looks of pictures I seen. If her tattoos were recognizable at autopsy, IMO any bruising from something such as strangulation would likely be as well.

If it was known during the autopsy that Savanna was killed by homicidal violence, do you think he would have been charged with murder by now?

IMO Blunt force trauma would have definitely been determined during the autopsy. Strangulation most likely as well. Her body was identified by her fingerprints and tattoos, which IMO says her body was in very good condition when found, opposed to badly decomposed like many think a body should be after being in the ground for that amount of time. The ground was cold for a good portion of that time and may have been shaded as well by the shed and trees from the looks of pictures I seen. If her tattoos were recognizable at autopsy, IMO any bruising from something such as strangulation would likely be as well.

If it was known during the autopsy that Savanna was killed by homicidal violence, do you think he would have been charged with murder by now?

Hi Joe! I do agree with most you have posted.

I know you weren't replying to me, but if you had been, my answer would be no.

In all suspicious deaths at the time of autopsy... toxicology tests are always done.

The average wait time for the ME to get those results back can take up to 8 weeks. Until then MEs do not sign off on the official autopsy report.

Imo, they would want to know if she was possibly given a date rape drug of some kind because if one did... that could bring about further charges involving DP or possibly someone else.

Imo if found in her system they will go back, and look at all the footage at the bar if video exist to see if they can determine which one did it. If it was done there, and not at DPs home.

They are in no rush to bring murder charges. Like I mentioned earlier, many LE are now arresting murder suspects on other charges before charging with them with murder.

This way it allows them time to get perhaps forensic evidence results returned, and to uncover further evidence on the murder itself.

Jmho

They may have the autopsy back and know it was murder but are getting everything together to give to the GJ. If they know now it was murder and other charges they may even be working on a plea deal. They want to get it right so waiting a few weeks to do that is worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?