Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually happened quite a few times, and though it usually means a faster ID and arrest, in some cases the public remains flummoxed (see the Missy Bevers' case).

I think you're right about the video/still throwing people off. It could literally be almost anyone. Dude has to be one of the luckiest men alive right now because his looks and clothing are general and ageless. Also the disagreements over his facial features and what he may/may not be carrying or have on him. If I saw an image like that and my instinct was to say, "Hey, that looks like Jerry, the farmer next door", it would be hard for me to call it in because Jerry's a nice guy and I don't think he'd hurt a flea. So I'd already be on the fence about what I saw. But then I hear 10 people totally convinced that he has a beard and glasses I might think,"Well I don't really see those but everyone's pretty convinced...I guess I was wrong. Jerry doesn't wear glasses and has short hair. Good thing I didn't call it in!" Don't think people really do this? They do. They'll err on the side of caution and talk themselves out of calling, especially if the crime is particularly heinous, because they're afraid they may be wrong. People look for reasons to be talk themselves out of it being the person they know and it doesn't take much to sway them.
I suppose that is human nature to some degree - "Oh he couldn't possibly be the killer." The example I give a lot of times with a sketch is the Morgan Harrington murder in Charlottesville VA. A year or so later DNA was tied to an attempted rape in Northern VA and there was a sketch of the attacker. When the sketch was circulated in Charlottesville, the employees at a taxi company made jokes about a co-worker, Jesse Matthew, about how he looked like the sketch. No one turned in a tip and Matthew would go on to murder UVA student, Hannah Graham, before he was arrested.

BTW, earlier this year LE announced that Jesse Matthew has stage 4 colon cancer. Karma's a real , Jesse.

Hinky meter off the charts: A few weeks ago, I watched a youtube video that cannot be linked here. It features three people walking the Monon High Bridge and discussing the case. One of the young males looks so much like the new sketch that I actually emailed in the tip. I know we can't sleuth this person and I wouldn't really even know how (not that tech savvy) and just have a first name anyway. When asked how many times he's been to/across the bridge by the other guy, he says "Fou....three." Three, huh. Something about him makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Anyone know which video I'm talking about? Sorry I have to be vague. And sorry if this post has to be deleted, I'm new.
Who did the video? Would like to see it myself.

There is a reason I remember the date because another Delphi teen lost her life that day in a gun incident, so it imprinted my brain with the date.
Coincidentally (or not....!) it is also the same date that a bomb threat was called in regarding the Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi.

I have often wondered if that threat was called into the plant in order to detract from the Press Conference that had occurred earlier that day.

Feb 22, 2017
UPDATED: Police: Bomb threat called in to Indiana Packers in Delphi

"Carroll Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said police remained at the scene until shortly after 4 p.m. helping Indiana Packers management and other law enforcement search the plant. The search turned up nothing, Leazenby said.

"I think somebody must've thought we had a bunch of downtime," Leazenby said in jest as police activity at the plant wound down.

He clarified that the activity was unrelated to law enforcement's ongoing investigation into the murder of two teenage Delphi girls.

Carroll County deputies are working with state police and the FBI on the double homicide case. The agencies had held a press conference Wednesday morning regarding the homicides.

However, Leazenby said the police presence at Indiana Packers was "totally unrelated to the homicide investigation."

Now I do realize that LE said that there was no connection to the investigation and they made that clear, but the timing was certainly very suspect. IMO.

JMO

Coincidentally (or not....!) it is also the same date that a bomb threat was called in regarding the Indiana Packers Corp. in Delphi.

I have often wondered if that threat was called into the plant in order to detract from the Press Conference that had occurred earlier that day.

Feb 22, 2017
UPDATED: Police: Bomb threat called in to Indiana Packers in Delphi

"Carroll Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said police remained at the scene until shortly after 4 p.m. helping Indiana Packers management and other law enforcement search the plant. The search turned up nothing, Leazenby said.

"I think somebody must've thought we had a bunch of downtime," Leazenby said in jest as police activity at the plant wound down.

He clarified that the activity was unrelated to law enforcement's ongoing investigation into the murder of two teenage Delphi girls.

Carroll County deputies are working with state police and the FBI on the double homicide case. The agencies had held a press conference Wednesday morning regarding the homicides.

However, Leazenby said the police presence at Indiana Packers was "totally unrelated to the homicide investigation."

Now I do realize that LE said that there was no connection to the investigation and they made that clear, but the timing was certainly very suspect. IMO.

JMO

Did they arrest the person responsible for the bogus threat? I'm curious how they knew it was unrelated. With everyone hightailing it to the bomb threat, anyone intent on slipping away, moving items, etc would have had at least a marginally better chance. JMO.

Hinky meter off the charts: A few weeks ago, I watched a youtube video that cannot be linked here. It features three people walking the Monon High Bridge and discussing the case. One of the young males looks so much like the new sketch that I actually emailed in the tip. I know we can't sleuth this person and I wouldn't really even know how (not that tech savvy) and just have a first name anyway. When asked how many times he's been to/across the bridge by the other guy, he says "Fou....three." Three, huh. Something about him makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Anyone know which video I'm talking about? Sorry I have to be vague. And sorry if this post has to be deleted, I'm new.

Could you please post the length of the video and what date it was posted?

Did they arrest the person responsible for the bogus threat? I'm curious how they knew it was unrelated. With everyone hightailing it to the bomb threat, anyone intent on slipping away, moving items, etc would have had at least a marginally better chance. JMO.

Nobody has been arrested for that bomb threat to my knowledge.

There was one called regarding the same place approx a year earlier and there was a person arrested for that bomb threat.

I have no idea how they knew it was unrelated. It puzzles me.

Just looking for clarity regarding your last statement bbm.

It had been 9 days since the crime as this bomb threat occurred on Feb 22nd,....so I imagine that LE would have completed all of their examination of the CS by then.

JMO

Was just thinking the girls would be heading into their junior year of high school I believe. They'd be driving by now.

Such a disregard for human life. He took these two girls life's to fulfill whatever sinister fantasy he had. Two life's for what, 20- 30 minutes to quench his sickening thirst. I'll never understand it...How can he stand to live with himself?

What do you think it may be? I know plastic handcuffs have been suggested or cable ties.
I’m not sure. If you look closely to the right on the white thing, it looks like it could open. I can’t find any handcuffs that look like that though.

Could you please post the length of the video and what date it was posted?

If it was the video re-enactment that I saw, it was (C movie level) actors pretending to be BG and the 2 girls. If I recall, the man did not look at all like the sketch. Looked more like a junior college film class project. Some details seemed right, but others were from a superficial knowledge. But then again, I may have seen a different video/

Was just thinking the girls would be heading into their junior year of high school I believe. They'd be driving by now.

Such a disregard for human life. He took these two girls life's to fulfill whatever sinister fantasy he had. Two life's for what, 20- 30 minutes to quench his sickening thirst. I'll never understand it...How can he stand to live with himself?

People like that don't empathize with other people or with any real sense of morality for all. Sadly, it seems right and wrong to them is only how it affects them.. not others.

If it was the video re-enactment that I saw, it was (C movie level) actors pretending to be BG and the 2 girls. If I recall, the man did not look at all like the sketch. Looked more like a junior college film class project. Some details seemed right, but others were from a superficial knowledge. But then again, I may have seen a different video/
It was a different video.

Just going to say something - as I tend to do while you much more well-versed sleuths discuss things over my head... ;)

But, you know: I wonder: (yep you really care right?) Anyway....here we have video & audio of, presumably, the perp....how often does that happen??

And yet: no arrests

Sometimes I think this audio/video has hampered the investigation......That it's put something in minds that should be empty to find the truth of the situation

They already have a bias - & that's proved wrong. The first sketch...now the new one

I think this 'evidence' has perhaps curtailed if not outright stymied the investigation

If it helped: the perp would have been arrested already...

I cannot help wonder that if there were zero video or audio of the man on the bridge that we just might already have the perp arrested.....?

Eh. I don't know. Like I said. What do I know? Nada mucho folks

Just very frustrated here

JMO
Possibly but the video is from too far away to get a really clear look at BG's face. I think if anything has hampered the investigation it's been that first sketch released. I believe the LE also believe this, which is why they replaced it with the earlier drawn but second sketch released. The whole tone of that April PC was one of being somewhat duped and now having better clarity. We can only really go on what LE have stated and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member