Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora Quoirin probably died of starvation and stress, autopsy finds

Extract:

"The autopsy of Nora Quoirin, the 15-year-old who went missing in the Malaysian jungle, has concluded that she likely died of starvation and stress after spending seven days in the jungle.

Speaking outside the police headquarters in Seremban, police chief Mohammad Mat Yusop said Nora had died “two to three days ago” from “internal bleeding from a ruptured ulcer in her intestine, possibly caused by prolonged starvation or stress”.

She also had bruising on her legs but there was “no sign of violence, abduction or kidnapping” and “no evidence of foul play for the time being”, though tests were still ongoing."

I can't imagine how her parents feel, knowing she was out there, alive, for 7 days. My heart breaks for them.

Nora Quoirin probably died of starvation and stress, autopsy finds

Extract:

"The autopsy of Nora Quoirin, the 15-year-old who went missing in the Malaysian jungle, has concluded that she likely died of starvation and stress after spending seven days in the jungle.

Speaking outside the police headquarters in Seremban, police chief Mohammad Mat Yusop said Nora had died “two to three days ago” from “internal bleeding from a ruptured ulcer in her intestine, possibly caused by prolonged starvation or stress”.

She also had bruising on her legs but there was “no sign of violence, abduction or kidnapping” and “no evidence of foul play for the time being”, though tests were still ongoing."

I suspected something along those lines, although a ruptured ulcer is unexpected.

Oh man I'm so sorry this happened. :( She was doing so well, it's so unfair that it ended this way.

Much love to Nora and her family.

Poor Nora this is such sad news to think that she was wandering alone and scared for days on end is too tragic to even think about.

I think there are a lot of people thinking how did she manage it with the issues she had and her parents saying she would not wander, but sometimes people just do things that are not the norm for them and to me this seems like one of those times.

My gran was 90 and pretty much bed ridden and had severe dementia and we never expected her to wander until she was found in her dressing gown at the end of her road at 4am (she was not left alone after that) so I'm sure that Nora was capable of wandering if she wanted to.

What a horrendous and extraordinary story. Just devastatingly sad. I followed this case from the beginning and initially thought it was clear she'd just wandered off but then after a week of no sign I thought she must have been abducted. Now it seems she really did go out there.

I am shocked that she survived alone in the jungle day and night for about a week with over 300 people including expert trackers looking for her and finding no sign. I wonder if she really has been there the whole time as opposed to being kept somewhere initially and then led into the jungle and left to wander, but I suppose we will never know. Maybe a failed ransom kidnapping but they just decided there was too much authorities involved to pull it off so let her go thinking she'd be found? I know it seems far fetched and unlikely. But her parents believed it was far fetched that she would even go out there alone!

Just seems so surprising given everything that she would leave of her own accord and then survive that long, unseen. Maybe she was scared of the searchers and hid. We will probably never know the full story of Nóra's journey.

In some ways there is something comforting to think she went off on an adventure, nobody harmed her, she died by the waterfall she so wanted to see. It's just so unjust that in all that time she couldn't have been found alive. My heart breaks for Nóra and her family. Sending so much love and healing to them.

Wasn't the area where she was found searched in the last few days?

It's surprising that she was found in an area that was previously search, and she was alive until a couple of days ago? It's surprising. Bruises on her legs are presumably on the lower legs and related to stumbling in the forest until she starved?

It seems also possible that she was unfed and restricted somewhere until a few days ago. Has sexual assault been ruled out?

I've been thinking: if the parents are still convinced that Nora would not have been able to undertake such a hike on her own, surely they must have medical records to back this up? Surely Nora was being monitored professionally?
Yes, she attended a special school and had her strengths, cognitive skills, physical abilities, etc continuously monitored and evaluated.
She also spent a lot of time in the hospital during her life. She had several surgeries.
She had continuous therapies and all of this will be well documented. Imo

It sounds like the first information they gave the media about her condition was from a PIP (personal independence payment) form, which can be very thorough and can be done as often as yearly (mine is done yearly - it's a very upsetting but very important appointment) but in conditions that are expected to be for life, they can be done a lot, lot less often.

So it's possible what we know about Nora is over a year old, and she could have made minor changes, such as being more able to walk place as she gets older, during that time. I'm not saying her disability would have changed hugely; it was clearly going to be a life-long thing. But I'm also sure that, over time, she may get slightly better at doing certain things.
It sounded more to me like it would have been taken directly from her IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from her school. Or whatever the equivalent is where she lived.

It would include extensive reports of all the services provided and a detailed description of every area of weakness and strength. It would include all her short and long term goals and the progress she made each day, instead of just yearly.

It would include all medical history.

The staff there would have taken careful documentation of her progress and note any changes that take place.
Anything that suddenly changed would be noted, although it's more likely to show gradual progress (or lack of) over time.
Imo

It sounded more to me like it would have been taken directly from her IEP (Individualized Education Plan) from her school. Or whatever the equivalent is where she lived.

It would include extensive reports of all the services provided and a detailed description of every area of weakness and strength. It would include all her short and long term goals and the progress she made each day, instead of just yearly.

It would include all medical history.

The staff there would have taken careful documentation of her progress and note any changes that take place.
Anything that suddenly changed would be noted, although it's more likely to show gradual progress (or lack of) over time.
Imo

I agree, and in the UK they are called EHCPs - education health and care plan.

I agree with you. She propably was running away from them because she didn't know that they are trying to help her. And because of this whole situation she was getting more lost, panicked and suffering from hunger... And always running away from the search parties.
I've been observing this case from the beginning and I am really, really sad that this is how it ended. It's a horrible type of death and nobody deserves it.

Rest in peace, Nora. You are not suffering anymore. And you did reach the waterfall in the end.
I agree too. I’ve been thinking the same, and I think this is one of those desperately sad cases. It’s particularly awful because the victim was an absolute innocent. I feel terrible for the family.

Such a sad, sad story. The only question I have is how she managed to escape further injury than what we are told.
I've read that she had scratches on her leg; surely walking and hiding in the jungle for ten days would maybe cause more injury? It was also reported that she was in a ravine - did she fall? Rest in peace Nora.

Wasn't the area where she was found searched in the last few days?

It's surprising that she was found in an area that was previously search, and she was alive until a couple of days ago? It's surprising. Bruises on her legs are presumably on the lower legs and related to stumbling in the forest until she starved?

It seems also possible that she was unfed and restricted somewhere until a few days ago. Has sexual assault been ruled out?
Well, they said she was not raped, and I assume that means no other form of sexual assault.

She apparently died from a ruptured ulcer in the intestine. I'm wondering if she survived on river water and the bacteria caused an infection.

And yes, they had previously searched there and found no sign of her. The cadaver dogs did not pick up an odor, although the hikers who found her smelled a strong odor.

Apparently the searchers (who were hikers) heard that she was excited to see the waterfall so they decided to look there.

However, the investigation is not over and we don't know the full results of the autopsy yet. Imo

To think that for many days of the searching she was "out there" and alive has to be so heartbreaking for her parents. This child seemed so loved and honored by her family. I really hope she heard her Mother's recording that searchers were playing and that it gave Nora comfort. What an extremely sad situation for this family that clearly loved and adored this special needs child. I cannot even fathom the grief they must be experiencing. Such an honestly heartbreaking case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twentyninethousand