Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by Google Maps, Herons Creek Rd looks like a back road that runs close to a major highway. Part of it seems to run through bush land (as others have mentioned). Laurel Street is one of a few streets that could be taken to get from Benaroon Dr to Herons Creek Rd. This route would also involve driving past many houses on Batar Creek Rd. All IMO

It will be interesting to see what comes of this.
To me that sounds like whoever was in those cars knew the area

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 33s34 seconds ago
The court heard Jubelin “made asserstions” William was heading in the direction of where Savage was sitting when he disappeared and that he had a “clear line of sight”. His lawyer claims you “can’t possibly assert that”. Det Beacroft agreed. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Jubes walked that street heaps of times. I am sure that he looked at every angle of everything.

When I look on streetview at the line of sight from Savage's patio, it seems that he may be able to see the driveway and the 2nd dirt driveway at the front of #48 while sitting on the patio.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 1m1 minute ago
Savage’s lawyer is seeking to question Det Beacroft about whether or not Jubelin should’ve asserted he had a clear line of sight of William. The Coroner tells the court it is “delving into her speculating what would’ve been happening in Mr Jubelin’s mind”. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 13s14 seconds ago
Det Beacroft has been excused and the court has been adjourned for a short break before Paul Savage will take the stand. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

This is what I think the line of sight may be from Savage's front patio ... or very similar to this, considering Savage's patio is downhill and there is lots of shrubbery (at least in the 2010 streetview).

2ci9x6a.jpg

Google Maps

Last edited:
Jubes walked that street heaps of times. I am sure that he looked at every angle of everything.
Savage wouldn't have been able to see BGM's porch (except if/when his walk took him uphill) but if William ran down in the direction of the slope as Jubelin hypothesized, I think he would have been visible from the Savage patio.

Putting William's disappearance at the earlier time is really interesting.

Savage wouldn't have been able to see BGM's porch (except if/when his walk took him uphill) but if William ran down in the direction of the slope as Jubelin hypothesized, I think he would have been visible from the Savage patio.

Putting William's disappearance at the earlier time is really interesting.

Yes, that earlier time is interesting. I wonder how verifiable that is, though. And how it may change our thoughts about William's disappearance ... how and when and who might have been around at that time.

Do you think they mean the front patio? I can't see any other patio providing a front view?

Yes, that earlier time is interesting. I wonder how verifiable that is, though. And how it may change our thoughts about William's disappearance ... how and when and who might have been around at that time.

I've always thought that could be a possibility. It's hard to suggest that without it coming across as criticism of the fosters, which in my case anyway, it is not. It is so easy to lose track of time if you're not clock watching, you're on holidays, chatting, the kids are playing happily etc. BUT... isn't the photo of WT in the spiderman suit roaring timestamped? So there's a hard minimum time that it can't be earlier than.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 54s54 seconds ago
The court heard Savage told police he went for a walk, then came home and had breakfast on his patio before going back inside with his wife before she left to go to bingo. He also made two phone calls between 9.59am and 10.07. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 40s41 seconds ago
Det Beacroft told the court she believes William disappeared between 10.05am and 10.15am. She is asked if that puts Savage inside making a phone call for a portion of the time she believes he would’ve been abducted. She responds yes. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 38s39 seconds ago
The court heard the patio where William was playing was not visible from Mr Savage’s house. @10NewsFirst @10Daily
Was the initial time about 10.20/10.25?

Was the initial time about 10.20/10.25?
If you mean when was it formerly supposed William vanished, yes. Or even 10:30. Though it was hard to see FFC's account of what happened between the photographing and the disappearance stretching so long. Makara long ago suggested 10:15 as a more realistic time.

Do you think they mean the front patio? I can't see any other patio providing a front view?
Yes. Looking out from the north-east corner, and not taking into account being downhill and behind trees, I think Savage could have seen that whole backyard slope, even as far as the Wilsons'.

Last edited:
Hes old..wouldnt his disorientation be normal for a person of his age under such conditions trying to remember?
Disorientation means not being sure of his directions, not failing to remember where he went. As for being old, judging by what he did that day he seems very fit. An early walk, then searching by himself after 11:30, then very dedicated participation in searching many properties and surrounding areas according to the map.

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 2m2 minutes ago
Paul Savage has now taken the stand. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

The court heard Savage lived on Benaroon Drive for about 14 years before William went missing and “met some of the neighbours” in his time living there. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 39s39 seconds ago
The court heard Savage was “on friendly terms” with William’s foster grandparents. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 56s57 seconds ago
The court heard Savage had met William Tyrrell “on a couple of occasions”. One of those occasions was at a neighbourhood Christmas party. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Lia Harris‏Verified account @LiaJHarris 20s21 seconds ago
Savage told the court he thought there was a “good bond” between William and his foster carers, from what he saw. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

The court heard Savage made several statements to police about William’s disappearance. @10NewsFirst @10Daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX