GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #5

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Jenna-Van-Gelderen-.jpg

link

DeKalb Police investigating disappearance of woman who went missing from Druid Hills home

August 23, 2017

DeKalb Police are searching for a woman who went missing over the weekend.

Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, was last seen on Friday and her brother reported her missing on Aug. 20. She was house sitting for her parents who live near Emory University.

Her parents were in Canada at the time. Her brother told police that when he came to check on his sister on Saturday she wasn’t there but the TV and lights were on. A painting had been removed from a frame hanging on the living room wall, the police report says.

There was no sign of forced entry or a struggle. Her blue 2010 Mazda was also missing.

Family finds out woman who vanished from Druid Hills home is still missing

August 25, 2017

Jenna Van Gelderen is still missing.

Yesterday, her family reported that she had been found and is safe. But the family received bad information from DeKalb County Police, according to her brother.

“It sounds like they thought they had her last night and this morning they told us they made a mistake,” her brother said. “So we’re meeting with the detectives right now to figure out what actually happened.”

A spokesperson for DeKalb Police said there was no miscommunication.

“We never said that we found her,” the spokesperson said. “We are actively investigating.”

$10K offered for information about woman who went missing in Druid Hills

September 6, 2017

The family of Jenna Van Gelderen announces a $10,000 reward for information leading to her safe return.

Jenna, 25 years old, texted a friend at 2 a.m. on Saturday, August 19, to say she was laying down. It was the last time anyone has heard from her. Jenna has not used her phone, social media or credit cards since that time.

[...]

Jenna Van Gelderen has long dark brown hair, brown eyes, is 4-feet-11 and weighs 140 pounds. Her car is a dark blue, 2010 Mazda 6 sedan with Georgia tag PWH-5902.

People with information or tips about Jenna’s whereabouts are asked to contact the DeKalb County police at 770-724-7475 or to email FindJennaNow@gmail.com .

Jenna Van Gelderen’s Car Is Found in Georgia, but She Remains Missing

September 18, 2017

[...]

The DeKalb Police Department continues to investigate the case. The latest development was the discovery of Jenna's dark blue, 2010 Mazda 6 sedan on Sept. 5, parked along a road in northwest Atlanta. A woman who had seen the information on Facebook recognized the car when she drove past, Leon [Van Gelderen] said.

The discovery was not made public by Jenna's family until late last week, nearly 10 days after the discovery.

Officials have not released what type of shape the vehicle was in, or what, if anything, they found inside. A spokesperson with the DeKalb Police Department had not returned Dateline's request for comment as of Monday afternoon.

NamUs - LINK

Verified Insider: subie_climber

___

Previous Thread - Thread #3
Thread #4 - GA - GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

Last edited by a moderator:
Can posters remember the VI saying why Jenna brought her mum's car back to the house to change over to here's? It was something about her mum's car being the wrong colour for where she was heading that evening. I will try and find it but if anyone remembers, can they post on here? I want to see if the area this recent body was found was near that area. MOO.

This is a post from Subie, Jenna's brother, don't know where to find it in all the threads.

"Is another guy friend she was supposed to meet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Moms car, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed"

This is a post from Subie, Jenna's brother, don't know where to find it in all the threads.

"Is another guy friend she was supposed to meet with Friday night in College Park but was told not come down with my Moms car, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed"

Thanks for that. How did Subie know this? I guess LE must have told him?

So she was going to meet at Lindbergh after swopping cars to go to College Park but the guy said she didn't turn up. If that is true she went missing between Druid Hills and where the car was found in Defoor Avenue. These remains are West of there about 30 miles. The second set of remains was found not far from there but near the river and a reconstructed pic has been done and it is not Jenna. (A 5'5" African American female).
The skeletal remains in the woods near the Fulton Industrial Boulevard they are hoping to identify by dental records.

Skeletal remains found near Fulton Industrial Boulevard

Does anybody have a link to Atlanta Journal Constitution Article today on this case?

Does anybody have a link to Atlanta Journal Constitution Article today on this case?

I was mistaken, it wasn't from the today it was from the 21st.

Two years after DeKalb woman disappeared, still no answers

The reward is up to $50,000 and family and friends have scoured for tips, even doing a podcast about the case. Still, no one knows what happened to Jenna Van Gelderen two years ago.

Her loved ones recently expressed frustration about the lack of leads in the case, venting in a Facebook post about the anniversary of her disappearance......

I was mistaken, it wasn't from the today it was from the 21st.

Two years after DeKalb woman disappeared, still no answers

The reward is up to $50,000 and family and friends have scoured for tips, even doing a podcast about the case. Still, no one knows what happened to Jenna Van Gelderen two years ago.

Her loved ones recently expressed frustration about the lack of leads in the case, venting in a Facebook post about the anniversary of her disappearance......
I followed this case loosely in the beginning, and if I remember right, didn’t law enforcement basically come to the conclusion she was a sex worker of some sort? Seems like I recall they stopped putting much effort into it once they got to that point.

I followed this case loosely in the beginning, and if I remember right, didn’t law enforcement basically come to the conclusion she was a sex worker of some sort? Seems like I recall they stopped putting much effort into it once they got to that point.

Post number two in this thread, that contains a timeline that Bit of Hope did, has the following within her post.

"Rumorsabout Jenna being a sex worker have never been confirmed, per VI - Thread #1,post #328. According to parents this was said by a disgruntled ex-boyfriend.Per MSM - LINK and VI - Thread #1, post #389 Again brought up in a tv-interviewon with parents on CNN d.d. 9-19-2017/9-20-2017 ‘They are saying that boyfriend told them, I'll quote the police report,advised this officer the reason he was no longer wanting to associate with herwas because he had recently found out she was selling her body for money. Nowthat also sounds like someone who is trying to maybe come up with an excuse asto why he wouldn't want to be around her anymore, but then the police say thather brother also said something that corroborated that. Still strictly rumours…media making a story"

What Happened To The Egyptian Tapestry That Vanished During The Disappearance Of Jenna Van Gelderen?

An original series that dives into disappearances across the U.S., "Searching For" hopes to raise awareness about the victims' cases and seeks help from their communities through local town hall screenings.

Note, it doesn't say when it will be shown on television on the Oxygen Channel? I downloaded the Oxygen Channel app on my device, and I don't even see the series listed. Perhaps it hasn't started yet?

What Happened To The Egyptian Tapestry That Vanished During The Disappearance Of Jenna Van Gelderen?

An original series that dives into disappearances across the U.S., "Searching For" hopes to raise awareness about the victims' cases and seeks help from their communities through local town hall screenings.

Note, it doesn't say when it will be shown on television on the Oxygen Channel? I downloaded the Oxygen Channel app on my device, and I don't even see the series listed. Perhaps it hasn't started yet?
It looks like it is an online series per this quote in the article:

“It’s the strangest part of this case,” Leon told “Searching For,” an original series on Oxygen.com, adding that police told him they “had never seen anything like it.”

Searching For

It may be much like the Dateline:Missing in America series which is a digital (online) only series which doesn’t necessarily include videos. Some do and some do not.

I encourage Jenna's case staying in the media for as long is needed. The header I find strange…..IMO who cares what happened to the tapestry (besides that it can be a lead to follow). What happened to Jenna!?

I encourage Jenna's case staying in the media for as long is needed. The header I find strange…..IMO who cares what happened to the tapestry (besides that it can be a lead to follow). What happened to Jenna!?

I think they’re taking a new tack and seeing if the public can track down the tapestry. Presumably it’s in some pawn shop somewhere. If they can find the tapestry, maybe they’ll get a lead either from physical evidence or from learning how it got where it got.

New thread. Let's hope for some new info.

Did LE fingerprint and check for blood!/DNA in both vehicles?

It appears they are going to have a local screening and Q&A with family, LE?? and friends Etc to highlight the case for folks that are local.

"Hosted by Little Dot Studios

Tuesday October 22nd from 6:30 p.m. to 9 pm. At Landmark Midtown art Cinema, 931 Monroe Drive Northeast, Atlanta Georgia."

( for those that are local, it is near Piedmont Park on the other side of Grady High School.)

"In August 2017, 25-year-old Jenna Van Gelderen went missing without a trace in the DeKalb County area. In this emotional 20 minute documentary, family, friends and law enforcement tell Jenna’s story, with the hope of drawing fresh attention to the case and generating new clues. Join us for an exclusive screening of the documentary before it is released, followed by a Q&A with those involved. If you are unable to attend you can watch the documentary on Oxygen.com from October 23rd."

Source: Admin post on "help find Jenna van Gelderen" official Facebook page.

ETA I forget who is following this that is local, and hopefully they have followed over to the new thread to see this post.

Last edited:
From the Help Find Jenna Facebook site. Some good news. I'm happy that the family finally feels confident about the help they get. Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen

New tip line for information for Jenna's case:
GBI Tip Line 1-800-597-8477 and online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/webform/submit-tips-online
Finally have professionals in charge of the case along with FBI

GBI.GEORGIA.GOV

Submit Tips Online | Georgia Bureau of Investigation
If you have information on any of the cases or fugitives presented on this web site, you wish to report Suspicious Activity, or you would…

Oxygen documentary, GBI look into Jenna Van Gelderen’s disappearance

They say money talks, but not even a $50,000 reward has led to her whereabouts.

Let’s hope a soon-to-be-released documentary film about Jenna’s disappearance will help draw new attention to the case and generate some definitive clues.

“Searching for Jenna Van Gelderen,” scheduled for an exclusive screening Oct. 22 at the Landmark Midtown Arts Cinema, is part of a new multiplatform series for Oxygen about women who have vanished. If you want to attend, you’ll have to RSVP at paperlesspost.com.

You’re invited to “PREVIEW SCREENING: A documentary for Oxygen”. Tap here to RSVP

If you miss it, all is not lost. The 20-minute documentary will air starting Oct. 23 on Oxygen.com.

It features interviews with Jenna’s parents Roseanne Glick and Leon Van Gelderen, a school friend and local law enforcement officials.

Last week, the GBI picked up the car for a fourth inspection.

Leon Van Gelderen said it is that and the fact that the GBI is the first to ask about Jenna’s toothbrush that gives them hope they are making the effort to find their daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back