MO MO - Melissa Peskey, 40, shot and killed, Boonville, 13 Dec 2018

Yeah, it would be a really bizarre and sad coincidence, wouldn't it? But if there really was a random person(s) driving erratically and shooting at drivers, the victim could have been anybody on the road.

And, if the statistically likely POI is involved -- did the shooter wait around to observe the resultant crash, and determine if the kids were OK? Call 911 & describe the car & location when the car stopped moving?

I don't remember -- who alerted LE to the car off I-70?

And, if the statistically likely POI is involved -- did the shooter wait around to observe the resultant crash, and determine if the kids were OK? Call 911 & describe the car & location when the car stopped moving?

I don't remember -- who alerted LE to the car off I-70?
I don't recall that information being released, but since she was on the phone with her sister when she was shot, it could have been her sister that notified LE.

This is interesting. Have to learn more about what was going on - information is sparse at the moment.

Shootings injured 2 before high speed chase with Missouri trooper led to fatal crash

The incident began around 7 a.m. when Missouri Highway Patrol received a call that a northbound motorist on Interstate 35, near Cameron, had fired shots from his car and had wounded people in separate vehicles, according to Sgt. Jake Angle, a spokesman for the highway patrol.

The responding trooper picked up the shooter speeding north on I-35 and tried to pull him over. The driver refused to stop and fired several shots at the trooper, who returned gunfire, Angle said.

The pursuit ended moments later when the shooter lost control of his car, rolled over and crashed. The driver was found pinned beneath his car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.​

Well, they identified the shooter in the linked story above that took place on I-35 near Cameron.
Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting on I-35 near Cameron

Officials with the Missouri State Highway Patrol said Julian Santiago-Cruz, 26, of Guadalupe Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

It is unknown why Santiago-Cruz was in area, but Sgt. Jake Angle, with the patrol’s Troop H, said “the suspect fired at the troopers,” on Friday.

“The trooper returned fire,” he said.

Angle said Santiago-Cruz was in the United States on a visa, but he didn’t confirm which type.​

Well, they identified the shooter in the linked story above that took place on I-35 near Cameron.
Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting on I-35 near Cameron

Officials with the Missouri State Highway Patrol said Julian Santiago-Cruz, 26, of Guadalupe Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

It is unknown why Santiago-Cruz was in area, but Sgt. Jake Angle, with the patrol’s Troop H, said “the suspect fired at the troopers,” on Friday.

“The trooper returned fire,” he said.

Angle said Santiago-Cruz was in the United States on a visa, but he didn’t confirm which type.​

Hmmmm. Doesn’t sound related to the MP case. What do y’all think?

"CHATSWORTH—Family and friends of Chatsworth native Melissa Peskey are raising funds to be offered as money reward for any information given related to Peskey’s murder.

More than $2,200 of a $10,000 goal has been raised so far via an onlie page.

“We are raising money to build a reward for the person or people who come forward with information that leads to the arrest of our beautiful daughter, sister, mother and friend. She deserves justice,” said a statement from the Facebook event page for the fundraiser.

The highway patrol has not said when the gunshot occurred — whether it was fired before or after the SUV crashed — because of the ongoing investigation.

Law enforcement also has not re--vealed where on her body Melissa was shot, what kind of firearm was utilized in the shooting and whether her vehicle was moving at the time the shooting occurred."

Melissa Peskey's death still unsolved

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde
Back