GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #8

To be honest I don't think he'll make it to the end of his sentence anyway, I think other inmates will see to that.....even lifers won't be happy with these details IMO
According to the psychologist report he could be a danger to other prisoners.
No one will get near him for the foreseeable but when he goes to adult prison it could all change.

I will not let myself get upset by this news. Even though i disagree with any win this monster gets i have to believe he will never be released, that the courts reduced because of their terrible guidelines and other lower terms given for murder in the past.

Mumbo jumbo from these experts is ok but in deciding whether after 24 years in jail this monster isn't a threat anymore just comes down to guesswork. Let's not guess,let's not play Russian roulette with any other young girls lifes. Keep this behind bars for life.

The brutally of the murder and rape, the lack of remorse,the pride in which he has gloated,the sick thoughts and cravings he has talked about should be more than enough to throw away the key.

Again i repeat, don't risk the life of another victim because he plays the game inside and says what the experts and professionals want him to say. Not only is this creep sick and damaged beyond repair, most importantly he doesn't deserve to come out anyway. He doesn't even deserve a bed. Nice food. Tv and videogames but i bet he gets it.

In many ways he has won because he deserves death or at the very least a life with no comfort. No treats. No toys. Alesha will never get to enjoy these things again in this life. The justice system is a joke.

I'm sure I'll get shot down for this but it's really not a surprise his sentence was reduced and legally it was the correct decision. His original sentence was higher than other comparable cases. Sentencing has to be fair and across the board. Just because it was a particularly abhorrent crime doesn't mean the guidelines can be ignored.

It's the guidelines that are the issue here rather than the judges decision today.

What are the comparable cases?

Alesha MacPhail's furious mum warns that evil killer Aaron Campbell will murder again

Georgina Lochrane spoke out as judges cut Campbell's jail term with the raging mum warning that the 17-year-old murderer is a danger to children and always will be.

Georgina, 24, said vile Campbell, 17, had succeeded in “playing the system” and she fears for the next generation of children who will be at risk when he is released back into society.

The mum said she would use victim support protection to shield her daughter Courtney, five, from harm when the brute makes his bid for freedom.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/...146.678891678.1568009208-692255126.1473268956

I'm sure I'll get shot down for this but it's really not a surprise his sentence was reduced and legally it was the correct decision. His original sentence was higher than other comparable cases. Sentencing has to be fair and across the board. Just because it was a particularly abhorrent crime doesn't mean the guidelines can be ignored.

It's the guidelines that are the issue here rather than the judges decision today.
I agree with you. Bearing in mind his age and that teenagers like to shock and also dig their heels in, we must have hope that he can be rehabilitated - IF he still shows the same outlook in ten years time, then I would say he will be looked away for the rest of his life.

I skimmed over a lot of the details about injuries, but I saw part way down the report it says:

'He appeared irritated by the medical evidence that
the child was alive at the time of the sexual assault as this would not have fulfilled his desire
for necrophilia.'

This sounds so strange...it sounds like he was proud to have necrophilia as a badge of honor(?)… I mean he obv knew she was alive for some of it (shudder) and I think he would have got off on seeing her in pain and terrified, so why does he seem annoyed by the statement that she was still alive at the time? The only thing I can think of is he seems proud to tick all the boxes for the most extreme things regarding sexual sadism and psychopathy... it's like he's proud of those things? What do you guys think of the statement?
IMO, it would appear that he has a split personality/conscience e.g. he wanted to sexually assault, but didn't want the victim to suffer, so he killed her first - warped i know, but IMO that was his thinking process.

If I was Alesha's family or indeed AC's, I would probably want to kill him. That's a basic human instinct. The innocent victims here are beautiful Alesha, her family and AC's family and friends.
I keep going back to why a child would do this to an even younger child. He has been analysed and opinions are in the Report. Taking all this into account and fact that's it's thankfully, a rare occurrence, there seems to be a gap or a lack of knowledge in understanding why it happens. I think humanity is a victim here as well.
As a mother, I think that AC's mother probably has a strong desire to kill him, IMO.

That’s what I wondered? Adult sanctions could be any adult in his life IMO.
hi Yenriac, i took it to mean that AC was sanctioned as an adult, not the misdemeanour he committed was against an adult. i'll re-read the doc. posted yesterday again later when my mind is clearer. it was hard to focus on everything in the report after the first few paragraphs.
IMO

Reading through the report, I was wondering about the part that said " lack of intimate peer relationships". We know he had a girlfriend, and a friend who he spoke to about feeling depressed/suicidal and cried infront of. While this could all be surface level, superficial relationships, that he was playing the part of a regular teen but it does also say "recent escalation in negative affect" so was he actually being truthful and himself with his friend? I wonder how his friend and girlfriend feel about him now? Imagine how strange it would be if he really did pull the wool over everyones eyes and this is not the AC they knew at all. If that is the case, I wonder if they miss him and how strange a feeling that would be now knowing what he did...

Sorry for the rambling. I think about this case all the time and have so many questions about this monster and his thought process which is so far removed from any normal, rational human beings.

didn't want the victim to suffer, so he killed her first
I don't think he cared at all about her suffering and you're giving him too much credit, IMO. I don't think he has a split personality so much as there is the real him and the mask he used to go about day to day. A normal person see's paedophilia, necrophilia, murder and rape as abhorrent, shameful things but he does not seem effected by other peoples opinion at all. A "normal" person who had these thoughts in his position would probably have kept them to themselves but he willingly offered this information. Could it have been purely to shock the interviewer? Possibly, but I think the observation that he was irritated by the medical evidence she was alive when he raped her was a truthful response from him and he really is the evil monster that we fear he is.

IMO, I don't think he will ever be rehabilitated and I believe studies into psychopaths would back this up.

Again, sorry for the rambling I'm basically thinking "out loud". Now I'm wondering if it was nature or nurture as to why he is this way....

Reading through the report, I was wondering about the part that said " lack of intimate peer relationships". We know he had a girlfriend, and a friend who he spoke to about feeling depressed/suicidal and cried infront of. While this could all be surface level, superficial relationships, that he was playing the part of a regular teen but it does also say "recent escalation in negative affect" so was he actually being truthful and himself with his friend? I wonder how his friend and girlfriend feel about him now? Imagine how strange it would be if he really did pull the wool over everyones eyes and this is not the AC they knew at all. If that is the case, I wonder if they miss him and how strange a feeling that would be now knowing what he did...

Sorry for the rambling. I think about this case all the time and have so many questions about this monster and his thought process which is so far removed from any normal, rational human beings.

I don't think he cared at all about her suffering and you're giving him too much credit, IMO. I don't think he has a split personality so much as there is the real him and the mask he used to go about day to day. A normal person see's paedophilia, necrophilia, murder and rape as abhorrent, shameful things but he does not seem effected by other peoples opinion at all. A "normal" person who had these thoughts in his position would probably have kept them to themselves but he willingly offered this information. Could it have been purely to shock the interviewer? Possibly, but I think the observation that he was irritated by the medical evidence she was alive when he raped her was a truthful response from him and he really is the evil monster that we fear he is.

IMO, I don't think he will ever be rehabilitated and I believe studies into psychopaths would back this up.

Again, sorry for the rambling I'm basically thinking "out loud". Now I'm wondering if it was nature or nurture as to why he is this way....
Yes, now I have read the report, I think you may be correct. I think it is/was to control his vision of what happened. He simply didn't want anyone to disagree wit his view of the crime.

From the report and herein lies the problem for society as a whole:
"In the appellant’s case it seems there was a dysfunctional home background, with lack of attachment, absence of boundaries and parenting problems, including a degree of physical and emotional abuse. These are all factors which may have adversely impacted on the development of the appellant’s character to date, but which may not entirely dictate development of his character in the future.

Nature vs Nurture (or lack thereof).

I think it's been mentioned and it's probably correct, that there will be some documentary at some point. I am curious if they ever speak to his friends and what they say.
His videos are back up on YT apparently allowed because they're not uploaded by him. IMO
I still see an image of a normal boy with his pals playing in the garden.
Prof Wilson is quoted as saying ( can't find the link, but I was searching - briefly and frighteningly so - sadistic, sexual murderers) and he said that the ones that go from 'normal' to '100' in a short space of time are the most alarming.
If anyone is brave enough to look into these types of murders and the murderers there's an alarming amount of information that fits AC's personality traits, his possible upbringing and past experiences. IMO

I read the part where he was being interviewed by one of the doctors that AC had fantasised and had a - I hate to say it like this - a list of what he wanted to do. "He appeared irritated that the medical evidence of the child...."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge
Back