GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's incredible. Someone earlier (sorry, I forget who) posted about how Dad's biggest regret was that he didn't get babygirl a lawyer for that 2nd interview, and wondered how that couldn't have been considered, how could legal advice not been sought?

All I could think was that they took the typical approach to uncomfortable things - turn away and acted like the issue would just fade into nothingness.

I still don't think her family dynamics mitigate her actions but I can't deny, they are painfully dysfunctional.
^^bbm

Posted about this last night. Dad asked detective at first interview if BSR committed a chargeable offense, and he replied yes.

Dad asked if BSR was going home that night, and detective said it was 90% -- they were waiting on judge to sign something (warrant?), had to finish up at their house --and prosecutor would decide. When they eventually went home, they knew BSR under investigation.

They had a week to digest what happened before BSR's second interview, and can't believe they did not have a consult with an attorney to discuss what had just happened -- police found remains of a dead baby buried in their backyard!

BSR knew she was under investigation, committed a chargeable offense, and went to second interview without representation anyway. That's not LE's fault.

I think what dad really wanted to say was that he regretted listening to his wife about not hiring a lawyer! Denial, denial, denial. MOO

Last edited:
^^bbm

Posted about this last night. Dad asked detective at first interview if BSR committed a chargeable offense and he replied yes.

Dad asked if BSR was going home that night and detective said it was 90% -- they were waiting on judge to sign something (warrant?), had to finish up at their house --and prosecutor would decide. When they eventually went home, they knew BSR under investigation.

They had a week to digest what happened before BSR's second interview, and can't believe they did not have a consult with an attorney to discuss what had just happened.

BSR knew she was under investigation, committed a chargeable offense, and went to second interview without representation anyway. That's not LE's fault.

I think dad really wanted to say that he regretted listing to his wife about not hiring a lawyer! Denial, denial, denial. MOO

I wonder: if this is how this really went down, what was going through KR's head that she would tell her husband Skylar shouldn't have a lawyer at the second interrogation. My vote is she wanted her to suffer. Wonder if this is the kind of suffering she was imagining, or if she just wanted her to be scared and alone in the interrogation and then things would somehow work out.

I wonder: if this is how this really went down, what was going through KR's head that she would tell her husband Skylar shouldn't have a lawyer at the second interrogation. My vote is she wanted her to suffer. Wonder if this is the kind of suffering she was imagining, or if she just wanted her to be scared and alone in the interrogation and then things would somehow work out.

I agree that there were probably multiple reasons going on in KR's head. Image and opinion of others very important. Family and friends probably telling her what she needed to hear"they won't charge your perfect child" (i.e., extension of herself). I also think she wanted to scare BSR. Sick dynamic there....

MOO

Last edited:
I agree that there were probably multiple reasons going on in KR's head. Image and opinion of others very important. Family and friends probably telling her what shed needed to hear"they won't charge your perfect child" (i.e., extension of herself). I also think she wanted to scare BSR. Sick dynamic there....

MOO
I wonder if this has anything to do with mommy not being in the courtroom to support her daughter. Her image and all that, plus her disappointment in Skylar. jmo

osu from tweet said:
Amy Campbell, a life long friend of #SkylarRichardson

osu from tweet said:
DEFENSE WITNESS 10: Annie Campbell, friend of Skylar

Is is Amy or Annie??

osu from tweet said:
#SkylarRichardson bedroom @Local12

Surprised she has nothing on her walls. If my room - there wouldn't be any space left that didn't have a picture - but I guess that's just me....

and I have to THANK YOU ALL for posting what was going on in the court room!

Is is Amy or Annie??

Surprised she has nothing on her walls. If my room - there wouldn't be any space left that didn't have a picture - but I guess that's just me....

and I have to THANK YOU ALL for posting what was going on in the court room!

I believe it’s Annie. The first reporter had it wrong.

^^bbm

Not even defense expert saying BSR was "coerced." More like Detective tried to convince or implant a memory-- but not coerce her.

co·erce

/kōˈərs/
verb
past tense: coerced; past participle: coerced
  1. persuade (an unwilling person) to do something by using force or threats.
    "they were coerced into silence"
    synonyms: pressure, pressurize, bring pressure to bear on, use pressure on, put pressure on, constrain, lean on, press, push; More
    • obtain (something) by using force or threats.
      "their confessions were allegedly coerced by torture"
bbm

From Oxford

Yes. There was no coercion here. Persuasion is different.

Psychologist testifies Skylar Richardson has a ‘personality disorder’
It is my opinion that Skylar Richardson suffers from a mental disorder that makes her more susceptible to complying with authority,” Dr. Bassman said.

Bassman said he met with Richardson, her mom and dad and administered many tests.

“A clear sense of intimidating. Attempting to convince Skylar to implant a memory... implant an interpretation that would incriminate her. Skylar, because of her personality disorder, is not able to protect herself,” Bassman said.

“She has a very difficult time confronting those with authority... speaking up for herself. She lives in a state of denial,” Bassman said.

“They [the interrogators] were attempting to convince her of something that wasn’t real,” Bassman said.

“Skylar because of her emotional makeup cannot stand up for herself... avoids confrontation at all costs. Rather than confront someone she retreats into herself into a very lonely world,” Bassman said.

“I observed about her being force-fed about her setting fire to a baby. Her being force-fed about hearing a sound. But unfortunately she was worn down and she submitted and she complied. And that is part of her personality makeup,” Bassman said.

Rittgers: Is there something in her past that contributed to this personality disorder?

Bassman: Skylar shared with me that at the age of 12 she was having insecurity of her appearance. Typical behavior. But there’s another element - she even then was vulnerable to be taken advantage of by someone in authority. A boy she looked up to started taking advantage and she began to respond and he began to abuse her... abuse her sexually.

Rittgers: If someone has this type of personality disorder are they easily controlled by those in authority?

Bassman: Yes.

That would be dependent personality disorder I believe. I think he did say that as well.

Dependent Personality Disorder

Interesting way to give jurors a look at the alleged crime scene. If you remember, Judge Oda did not allow a jury view of the scene. @wlwt #skylarrichardson

Karin Johnson WLWT on Twitter

Wow - video of the back garden where baby buried is vast, manicured, perfect. That was clever considering jury not allowed to go to the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge