GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless,

1. A baby is dead
2. BSR did NOTHING to prevent the death of her child ( I don't believe the stillborn death at all)
3. BSR is a huge liar
4. Under Ohio Law BSR has committed Aggravated Murder (A person intentionally killed someone under the age of 13).

I hope the jury comes back with guilty on all charges

That could be the district they cover, not because they choose all those counties.

https://www.mcohio.org/Coverage map 07-2018 .jpg
No, I live here and it's a thing. He is the highest paid public employee in a three county area because he contracts with all three counties. and Ohio law allows him to do it. The issue is, he does something like three or more times the autopsies of an average coroner. The implication is, he makes more mistakes, and stretches himself way too thin. I'm not saying there were any errors in this autopsy, just commenting on the coroner/ME post.
JMO

When I was very young, I didn't know how babies came to be and for a long time I really worried about what I would do if I had a baby the next day. I hoped God would give me a stuffed animal and not a baby. Every night I went to bed scared. Maybe it was all the stories about the angel telling Mary that she would have a baby. Who knows? I was so little, like 7 or 8. But I never told anybody about my huge worry. The worrying was constant at night when I was alone. I can imagine the desperation of a young woman, who knows nothing about babies and birth, and the giant fear of disappointing parents and the community. Every time I hear these stories, my heart goes out to a tortured person whose mind cannot wrap around something, for many deep reasons. I think part of this is your mind shuts down because you can't cope, IMO. No good answers here, just sadness for how many times this happens to young girls/women IMO.

No, I live here and it's a thing. He is the highest paid public employee in a three county area because he contracts with all three counties. and Ohio law allows him to do it. The issue is, he does something like three or more times the autopsies of an average coroner. The implication is, he makes more mistakes, and stretches himself way too thin. I'm not saying there were any errors in this autopsy, just commenting on the coroner/ME post.
JMO
Who is he?

I am so far behind in all this, and every time I think I have a handle on the case, I see a comment here with a link to contradict what I thought was correct!
I did just watch the first video on this thread, of Skylar talking to her parents when they first found out about the baby. I thought her father handled it very well, seemed naturally shocked and aghast at the circumstances, and struggling to understand what was going on. Something that struck me was that he was very fixated on the fact that the doctor gave Skylar a prescription for birth control pills at the same appointment where she was told she was pregnant. The father correctly sees this is very strange and inappropriate, and keeps asking S about it, and she gives tearful evasive answers. He's concerned that she says she starts taking the pills straight away and explains to her that birth control pills are meant to trick your body into thinking you're pregnant, so absolutely inappropriate to take in pregnancy. His line of thinking seems to be that maybe taking the tablets harmed the baby.
I've read elsewhere on this thread/ news items, that Skylar was distressed at the pregnancy news and asked the doctor to give her the BC script so that her mother wouldn't get suspicious, as she wasn't ready to tell her mother she was pregnant; the doctor reluctantly agreed. She couldn't explain this away to her parents because she has to admit that she convinced the doctor to help her deceive them.
It seems to me that Skylar has a pattern of panicking and setting up an elaborate lie to cover her tracks and if you focus on one small specific lie - as the father did in regard to the BC prescription - you can lose perspective of the big picture. This might be why there are so many contradictory stories about what happened to Annabelle during birth and death. Skylar keeps shifting and rearranging her story to placate the last person she spoke to, but she's never actually addressed what really happened. As her high school writing teacher pointed out, she can write out the plot, but she can't address motivation.

No, I am sorry.
I should have not got so defensive.
it's fine
Regardless,

1. A baby is dead
2. BSR did NOTHING to prevent the death of her child ( I don't believe the stillborn death at all)
3. BSR is a huge liar
4. Under Ohio Law BSR has committed Aggravated Murder (A person intentionally killed someone under the age of 13).

I hope the jury comes back with guilty on all charges
same! in total 100% agreement

Exactly, you're making my point. They know that she did not conceive in February or March is that was totally out of the picture. And she only had unprotected sex the previous year in August.

It's her periods were irregular, and she bled during the pregnancy she said, isn't it simple to just say I only had sex once in August.

At least that way, her doctor would know approximately, and not even consider 32 weeks IYKWIM.

You've made me even reconsider another huge problem she has. I think getting any information out of her is like pulling teeth! She doesn't want to talk at all and give anyone pertinent information, and therefore I can understand why the detectives were so frustrated as she would not give them a narrative.

Perhaps that's why they felt they had no choice except to use the Reid technique.
You bring up an excellent point.

In BSR's first interview, she primarily replies with "Okay," "Mm-hum," "Yeah," and when she doesn't want to commit -- it's "Maybe."

Also - I just noted a very important statement BSR made when asked how pregnant she was when she went to OBGYN appointment (i.e., she knew doctor estimate was off, and she didn't have 10 weeks remaining):

Interview #1, pg 15/42

upload_2019-9-11_19-30-38.png

Interview #1, pg 16/42 cont.

upload_2019-9-11_19-33-25.png

JMO
I will ask again Who is he? Did he testify in court?

tia

I found this interesting,too. In the first interview when Det Faine told her they were going to search her phone he asked if she had searched for anything about abortion and she said she looked for “something like how to get rid of a baby “ and saw something about different pills you could take,etc. I wonder why that didn’t show up. Looks like the only searches they could find were 1. Hilltop Ob/Gyn, 2. What happens at an ob/gyn appt when you are pregnant and 3. Babypedia. The defense keeps bringing up babypedia.com like it’s a place to shop for baby clothes. I googled it and it looks like a site that has forums and general info.

If you click on any link on the Babypedia page there isn’t any more info about babies there..only on the homepage.

Not sure why the search she said she made about “how to get rid of a baby”, pills, etc., didn’t show up on her phone or computer? I wonder if maybe she had access to another computer that she used possibly at school or the library that they didn't know about?

JMO

If you click on any link on the Babypedia page there isn’t any more info about babies there..only on the homepage.

Not sure why the search she said she made about “how to get rid of a baby”, pills, etc., didn’t show up on her phone or computer? I wonder if maybe she had access to another computer that she used possibly at school or the library that they didn't know about?

JMO
Carlisle HS School Library would be the perfect resource -- as well as YMCA where she worked:

CHS Library-Media Center
_full_DSC00409-16.jpg

The Media Center occupies about 4700 square feet of Carlisle High School. It began as a full-service student library complex when the building was constructed in the 1970s, and has now transitioned to a nearly all-digital resource center, featuring more than 50 student computer workstations. bbm

Additionally, The Media Center is home to a TV production facility, also original to the building. The production facility consists of a TV studio, editing suite, and audio/visual storage room. In addition to providing a media production space for student projects, the facility also contains distribution equipment that allows for the composition and programming of all content for broadcast on the The Carlisle Channel (local access channel 15 on Spectrum TV). The facility also houses a vast video archive of most school programs dating back to 1988.

Carlisle Indians - carlisle-high-school

I just watched the 2nd interview with SR and the detectives. I’m gobsmacked by how they kept talking and talking and talking. They never shut up and rarely let a pause occur so she could realize she had to come up with responses.

It too late now, but it seems like they should have posed a question, then allowed for a long uncomfortable pause to pressure her to speak, but speak by formulating her own words for her answer.

The detectives seem like blithering fools, afraid to let even a nanosecond of silence occur. How could she even think with all their constant chatter?

Did anyone else pick up on this? I don't think it’s the Reid technique style; I just think it was inane interview skills.

JMO since I’m not a detective. I found it extremely frustrating to listen to. Whenever I thought “ok, now she’ll speak,” one of the detectives would start talking again, never giving her an open ended Q and letting it sit there waiting for a response.

Did he testify? I haven't watched all of the trial.

Yes, he testified. He was the guy in a light blue short-sleeved shirt. He had gone to the grave site after the anthropologist told them the bones had been burnt, IIRC.

I think it was Tuesday morning.

“Warren County Coroner Dr. Russell Uptegrove testified about two searches of Richardson’s backyard. Much of the baby's skeleton was found in the first search, but detectives returned to the home to locate missing bones from the baby’s skeleton after being told by a forensic anthropologist that the remains appeared to show signs of burning. Dr. Beth Murray later said upon a second examination that there was no evidence of burning. Richardson’s attorneys have seized on the reversal as an example of the prosecution making a major mistake in the case.

Dr. Uptegrove said bones in the family’s fire pit came from animals and were not human.”
Doctor testifies about Skylar Richardson's reaction to pregnancy

Last edited:
I will ask again Who is he? Did he testify in court?

tia

I don’t think he testified in court. It was Dr Susan Brown a forensic pathologist from the Montgomery County Coroners office who testified.

Dr Susan Brown, a forensic pathologist with the Montgomery County Coroner's Office was the first person called to the stand Friday.

'All evidence points to homicide': Doctor takes the stand during Skylar Richardson trial

ETA: Disregard my post. I just saw the other reply above that he did testify.

I just watched the 2nd interview with SR and the detectives. I’m gobsmacked by how they kept talking and talking and talking. They never shut up and rarely let a pause occur so she could realize she had to come up with responses.

It too late now, but it seems like they should have posed a question, then allowed for a long uncomfortable pause to pressure her to speak, but speak by formulating her own words for her answer.

The detectives seem like blithering fools, afraid to let even a nanosecond of silence occur. How could she even think with all their constant chatter?

Did anyone else pick up on this? I don't think it’s the Reid technique style; I just think it was inane interview skills.

JMO since I’m not a detective. I found it extremely frustrating to listen to. Whenever I thought “ok, now she’ll speak,” one of the detectives would start talking again, never giving her an open ended Q and letting it sit there waiting for a response.
I agree I didn't like either of them they wouldn't let her get a word in edgewise and I would have been annoyed with both of them and the one guy said "you know" alot

I am not sure why we are talking about a corner that possibly didn't even testify in this trial. It makes no difference to me how much money they make. They are elected to their position.

Uptegrove said he doesn’t have a private practice because all of his work is for public agencies. He said he was told by the Warren County prosecutor’s office that his pay was proper. Prosecutor David Fornshell would neither confirm nor deny this, citing attorney-client privilege.

I-Team Payroll Project: With multiple paychecks, coroner makes $317K

I think this is getting way O/T I am done

Yes, he testified. He was the guy in a light blue short-sleeved shirt. He had gone to the grave site after the anthropologist told them the bones had been burnt, IIRC.

I think it was Tuesday morning.
Did he testify? I haven't watched all of the trial.

Warren County Coroner Dr. Russell Uptegrove testified about two searches of Richardson’s backyard. Much of the baby's skeleton was found in the first search, but detectives returned to the home to locate missing bones from the baby’s skeleton after being told by a forensic anthropologist that the remains appeared to show signs of burning. Dr. Beth Murray later said upon a second examination that there was no evidence of burning. Richardson’s attorneys have seized on the reversal as an example of the prosecution making a major mistake in the case.

Dr. Uptegrove said bones in the family’s fire pit came from animals and were not human.

Doctor testifies about Skylar Richardson's reaction to pregnancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members