Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. It is not what I am thinking of, though. I think it was in one of Lia's podcasts. I just dread going back to listen to them.

We had a bit of a discussion about it. Something along the lines of 'he wasn't lost for two hours then' because there wasn't time in the timeline. But it did say he became disoriented before he found his way home. iirc

I will go back through the threads and find it when I have more inclination. :)

10:00
We have heard at this time Mr Savage gets lost in the bush.....................................................
In the walk through he gets a bit disorientated....................................................
He estimates he was gone for 45 minutes.........................

Faded Memories

In response to Karinna and dr, I believe there's a strong possibility LE have corroborated the 2 speeding vehicles on the tennis club's CCTV, which I believe is situated at the T intersection at the end of Laurel St (the cars were approaching that end). On Google maps you can see a CCTV camera facing Laurel St at the club. I believe LE got the tennis club CCTV footage quickly from memory. Also, add the police profiler Beaumont's comment about Chapman being a trustworthy witness in her eyes, and I come to this conclusion. That comment makes more sense to me if they have CCTV to corroborate the sighting (of the cars). Why else would she be asked to comment or would she share that opinion of him?

More interesting is the question: if they have the CCTV footage, why not say so? My heart sank when I heard of FA but I still think there's a chance Chapman saw something relevant.

Sound comments IMO for sure White Lion - the alternative however is the 'game playing' .

I've no doubt over the CCTV footage obtained & it's interesting that's not been shared (tho I'd also keep it close)

It's with a grain of salt that I take Beaumont's comments re Chapman's 'worthiness', in the 'true sense of my understanding of those comments '

However, I do think he's a very 'worthy' candidate in attempts to draw out other comments or information, and I applaud that outcome, by hell or high water

10:00
We have heard at this time Me Savage gets lost in the bush.....................................................
In the walk through he gets a bit disorientated....................................................
He estimates he was gone for 45 minutes.........................

Faded Memories

That's it! You are a champ, soso. Thanks. :)

So it was the walkthrough where he got 'disorientated'. But he does 'get lost in the bush' or, more correctly, can't remember where he walked. Wandered until he got back to the houses.

Last edited:
That's it! You are a champ, soso. Thanks. :)

So it was the walkthrough where he got 'disorientated'. But he does 'get lost in the bush' or, more correctly, can't remember where he walked. Wandered until he got back to the houses.

:) Someone that was at the inquest will be able to tell us if these questions were asked.

Following him, Sergeant Beacroft asks Mr Savage about the speed he walked, if there were wild dogs, about fallen trees, if he kept to the track, when he knew to cut back in via a wallaby track in the bush to the road.

William Tyrrell neighbour spent hours on walk-through with police

:) Someone that was at the inquest will be able to tell us if these questions were asked.

Following him, Sergeant Beacroft asks Mr Savage about the speed he walked, if there were wild dogs, about fallen trees, if he kept to the track, when he knew to cut back in via a wallaby track in the bush to the road.

William Tyrrell neighbour spent hours on walk-through with police

And while he says it was about 45 mins that he searched, he wasn't seen by anyone for two hours. From the knock on the door by AMS at around 11am until he was seen standing on the road by his driveway at around 1/1:15pm.

So that is how the media pieced together that he was 'lost for 2 hours'.

I'm not sure that the son was living there. With 11 grandchildren among them, I would think that all 3 of Savage's children could be pretty busy and have been living elsewhere at the time.
Yep, I agree SA, kids keep one busy.
However I've a recollection of a report that PS & Son were living there at that time ..

As reported Karinna, and to all intents, was discounted as being of any relevance.
I Wonder ? Things move in mysterious ways & I've a gut feel that people might be starting to squirm ( if not, they're beyond help !)
True, except Psychopaths/Sociopaths don't normally squirm because they think they are smarter than everyone else and can even fool LE.
Until they are caught and convicted that is.

Yep, I agree SA, kids keep one busy.
However I've a recollection of a report that PS & Son were living there at that time ..
I think you might be remembering a time when PS and his son (IIRC) were speaking to media regarding the 'other' neighbour (the one next door to PS with the 'box' over his window), when they were saying the media scrutiny was overwhelming him, and he moved away.. that may have just been mentioning PS's son because he was visiting/present at the time, but not that he lived at the house?

If he was, then why not report seeing the child as soon as possible?[/QUOTE
This has been discussed a lot in these past few threads... he expected police to come to him, he thought he had reported via a family friend who was the sister of a local policewoman. As to why he didn't follow it up when no one came back to him is anyone's guess.

In response to Karinna and dr, I believe there's a strong possibility LE have corroborated the 2 speeding vehicles on the tennis club's CCTV, which I believe is situated at the T intersection at the end of Laurel St (the cars were approaching that end). On Google maps you can see a CCTV camera facing Laurel St at the club. I believe LE got the tennis club CCTV footage quickly from memory. Also, add the police profiler Beaumont's comment about Chapman being a trustworthy witness in her eyes, and I come to this conclusion. That comment makes more sense to me if they have CCTV to corroborate the sighting (of the cars). Why else would she be asked to comment or would she share that opinion of him?

More interesting is the question: if they have the CCTV footage, why not say so? My heart sank when I heard of FA but I still think there's a chance Chapman saw something relevant.
@WhiteLion^^
I'm hoping there are CCTV images! And if the two cars actually were travelling together, I think that would make them easier to spot. But re the location of the tennis club's CCTV camera: in 2014 it was still in Graham Street. The new tennis centre in Orara Street (the one you've mentioned, near Laurel Street) was only starting earthworks when this article was published in November 2014:
"Kendall Tennis Club takes control", Camden Haven Courier, 07 Nov 2014.

In reply to previous comment about photos...i can see fm taking pics of William as he was in his spiderman outfit..bit cute..and any other photos will be personal as fm stated and they dont want the world to be part of that.

@WhiteLion^^
I'm hoping there are CCTV images! And if the two cars actually were travelling together, I think that would make them easier to spot. But re the location of the tennis club's CCTV camera: in 2014 it was still in Graham Street. The new tennis centre in Orara Street (the one you've mentioned, near Laurel Street) was only starting earthworks when this article was published in November 2014:
"Kendall Tennis Club takes control", Camden Haven Courier, 07 Nov 2014.

Just putting a map pic here to visually show ... the old tennis club location (2014) can be seen near the bridge over the Camden Haven River. Still some flat areas where the courts were.
The blue tennis courts of the current tennis club location can be seen at the end of Laurel Street, on Orara.

zx92.JPG
Google Maps

If he was, then why not report seeing the child as soon as possible?

For a well-respected community member who is required to have good eye detail, likely good memory and seems to hold himself high in the community I still have trouble believing that he did not report his sighting earlier.

If after seeing on the news the little boy missing being taken away in a car he saw and still not picking up the phone or going to the station straight away.

I wonder after he saw the news if he wrote anything down on paper? Car colors, description of the first driver he saw etc.

He seems to remember quite well all the details so I wonder if that is just good memory or he actually wrote stuff down after the news.

He did give a little bit of evidence .. link here ...

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...-tyrrell-s-disappearance-20190816-p52htb.html

I don’t know why the coroner didn’t ask the questions he refused to answer to the Police?? As the Coroner has the power to ask and get a reply

Unless of course he has been re questioned in a closed court..., ????

100% there was not a lot of his testimony reported. I believe this day at court they also asked media to delay reporting until satisfied IMO

Same reaction from me.

Not necessarily- personal story I was reporting a crime at my house and getting confirmation of the person who I thought was responsible. They asked me the name of who i wanted to check and I said Adrian Bayley..... who was in the news a lot at the time... :)

The line was silent until I realised my error! Stress and being interview rather than a conversation can do that IMO.

But he did realise very soon afterwards, that William was missing. He said he saw it in the news, I think that very evening. So once he realised that he had seen the child being kidnapped, and he knew what kind of car, and he saw the driver, and what street they were driving away on, why not call police then?

I'm thinking that Mr Chapman's sighting didn't ruffle too many of his feathers at the time. "Missing kid - they'll find him". Despite all the TV News reports and everyone out searching. He was more upset about the hoons driving on his street and the child not seeming to be buckled in.

He mentioned it to a relative of the police when he went to the club - did he really go to the club to find the police officer, or did he happen to be going there anyway? (Otherwise, why not make the necessary phone call? He had made a helpful phone call to police in the past, why not do that again?)

He never did report his sighting officially. A third party did that several weeks later, having heard it through the grapevine. By then he was too embarrassed that he hadn't officially reported it earlier. The things that people do and don't do out of pride. imo

Last edited:
Interesting point that you make FG ..,,,

However, we don’t know if there were other individual photos of Williams Sister taken at the same time?? (not released)

One would hope that the Police have checked this valid point though... and in “transparency” of the morning he went missing.... that the Police have seen all of the photos taken ...

I agree, there were likely many photos taken however cannot be shown as protecting Williams sister. I would say LE would have gone through all of the photos taken and only released the ones of William as the main subject as he was missing and due to the fostering situation.

I'm thinking that Mr Chapman's sighting didn't ruffle too many of his feathers at the time. "Missing kid - they'll find him". Despite all the TV News reports and everyone out searching. He was more upset about the hoons driving on his street and the child not seeming to be buckled in.

He mentioned it to a relative of the police when he went to the club - did he really go to the club to find the police officer, or did he happen to be going there anyway? (Otherwise, why not make the necessary phone call? He had made a helpful phone call to police in the past, why not do that again?)

He never did report his sighting officially. A third party did that several weeks later, having heard it through the grapevine. By then he was too embarrassed that he hadn't officially reported it earlier. The things that people do and don't do out of pride. imo

Totally agree SA.

And I am sure he likely has caused a lot of and received a lot of flack in the community after it was made known that he did not report it.

IMO though, those he told thereafter (friends I believe?) are almost just as bad for not going to police themselves.

I guess this is why LE keep harping "Somebody in the community does know something"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675