GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
She probably was suppose to meet Sidney there, but he didn't show up. i don't know if he had cold feet at first or what was going on. It is true that she could have been abducted from there, however i am not sure if Tammy would have wanted Sidney or her to be seen there. Tammy is pretty clever when it comes to covering up crime it seems like.
BBM: There's far greater risk of being seen at PTL than at LB's. LB's is basically nestled in the woods. It's close to Hwy 31, but can barely be seen from there and only for a split second as you're driving by, and only if you know it's there, and you're really looking for it. You can see it from Carolina Forest Blvd, because that's the road it's on, but that's where CF Blvd curves and ends, and that's not a residential area. The only things nearby are businesses that are closed that time of night, and even if they were open, you can't see them from the LB's parking lot.

Conversely, there's a row of trailers on the the bank overlooking PTL. There's only a thin row of trees, and the people in those trailers can see the landing and hear the sounds coming from it. It was a person from there who called about an abandoned vehicle in the first place.

Just my 2¢.

I ‘d like to think that if DD saw HE pictured with cement covering her then the cops would’ve dug up the driveways and playground. Isn’t that enough to get a warrant to do such a thing? Or maybe they are waiting til SM is convicted and then look for her again so they can build their murder case? Idk It just seems like the cops did drop quite a few balls because they didn’t look everywhere they could’ve.

But then I think, wouldn’t the cameras have shown activity of this new driveway or playground being built? And did they ever look for that?

BBM: There's far greater risk of being seen at PTL than at LB's. LB's is basically nestled in the woods. It's close to Hwy 31, but can barely be seen from there and only for a split second as you're driving by, and only if you know it's there, and you're really looking for it. You can see it from Carolina Forest Blvd, because that's the road it's on, but that's where CF Blvd curves and ends, and that's not a residential area. The only things nearby are businesses that are closed that time of night, and even if they were open, you can't see them from the LB's parking lot.

Conversely, there's a row of trailers on the the bank overlooking PTL. There's only a thin row of trees, and the people in those trailers can see the landing and hear the sounds coming from it. It was a person from there who called about an abandoned vehicle in the first place.

Just my 2¢.
i see what you are saying, but i don't think anyone but Heather was in her vehicle. There would have been some evidence found.

i think Heather was kidnapped at gun point from Peach Tree Landing by Sidney Moorer. i'm not sure if Tammy was there or not. i think they then took her to a place past the Moorer residence. i doubt they would take her to their house,but it is possible. i think they made her take the pregnancy test they bought and when it turned out that she was pregnant, they killed her. i think they either then burned her body in the fire pit in their yard and then threw her remains in one of the bodies of water by their home or if they killed her somewhere else, they threw Heather in the water by where they killed her. i don't think Heather ever stepped foot in the Moorer's home and i don't think Sidney or Tammy every got into her car.

I initially had similar thoughts to you, that PTL was where everything happened. However hearing Joyce’s testimony (loved her and her sass!) and how little time the M’s car seemed to be at PTL, I’m no longer convinced that is the case.

How does all of the time she spent at Longbeards fit into your theory?

i am not sure if Tammy would have wanted Sidney or her to be seen there.

There's far greater risk of being seen at PTL than at LB's.

i see what you are saying, but i don't think anyone but Heather was in her vehicle. There would have been some evidence found.
I'm not following you here. I thought we were talking about Longbeard's and how it fits into your theory. You said you didn't think TM would've wanted SM and/or Heather seen there. I explained how that was very unlikely, and the risk is/was greater at the landing. I don't get how we leaped to Heather's vehicle and evidence found/not found in it. The conversation was about people being spotted at one of the two locations, not about who rode in which car.

I hope my confusion isn't coming across as snark. I admittedly need more coffee.

I'm not following you here. I thought we were talking about Longbeard's and how it fits into your theory. You said you didn't think TM would've wanted SM and/or Heather seen there. I explained how that was very unlikely, and the risk is/was greater at the landing. I don't get how we leaped to Heather's vehicle and evidence found/not found in it. The conversation was about people being spotted at one of the two locations, not about who rode in which car.

I hope my confusion isn't coming across as snark. I admittedly need more coffee.
You don't seem like you are being rude to me. What i meant was, it does sound like Longbeard's is probably a safer bet to meet at. i was just interjecting that regardless if they met there or not, i don't think anyone but Heather traveled in her vehicle to Peach Tree Landing. :)

Last edited:
I ‘d like to think that if DD saw HE pictured with cement covering her then the cops would’ve dug up the driveways and playground. Isn’t that enough to get a warrant to do such a thing? Or maybe they are waiting til SM is convicted and then look for her again so they can build their murder case? Idk It just seems like the cops did drop quite a few balls because they didn’t look everywhere they could’ve.

But then I think, wouldn’t the cameras have shown activity of this new driveway or playground being built? And did they ever look for that?
Yes still some detail i’m trying to work out. 1) If D told LE anymore info about photo it hasn’t been released...yet. Or I haven’t seen it yet. Or they didn’t ask more detailed questions?
2) i’m Still trying to find out timing of all this concrete work. If around the time of the disappearance then perhaps the footage is on the old system. Perhaps it was on the new system and they put the car washing time back 24hrs to tape over the concrete work. Perhaps they turned it off that day. Or perhaps the concrete work was down at neighbors house without surveillance? Not sure if neighbors had surveillance as I haven’t heard testimony to the fact.
3) not sure what kind of evidence LE needs to have to get a warrant to tear up people’s yard. Perhaps they just didn’t have enough. Idk but if they r reading this thread and Particularly when (not if) he is found guilty I hope they dig those yards up! I’ll rest easier anyway knowing it was at least looked at. MOO

What would one bag of cement have to do with the neighbors pouring cement for a driveway?

Just my 2¢.
Remember the story near the time this happened that that PC car had hit a deer?
Have always thought they had help & used other vehicles, too.
Longbeard’s so close to 31.
The gunshot reported to police off of 31 that night has always concerned me.
So has Amber Berbiglia’s murder near a bridge.
Amber’s phone number was in SM phone. They worked together at TK.
Personally believe she is a victim of the M’s as well.

Now the bones found off Robert Edge. I’m curious if they have been identified yet?

You don't seem like you are being rude to me. What i meant was, it does sound like Longbeard's is probably a safer bet to meet at. i was just interjecting that regardless if they met there or not, i don't think anyone but Heather traveled in her vehicle to Peach Tree Landing. :)
Aaah. I see what you're saying. Thanks for letting my unintentional tone slide. :oops:

Longbeard’s so close to 31.
The gunshot reported to police off of 31 that night has always concerned me.
So has Amber Berbiglia’s murder near a bridge.
Amber’s phone number was in SM phone. They worked together at TK.
Personally believe she is a victim of the M’s as well.

Now the bones found off Robert Edge. I’m curious if they have been identified yet?
RSBM & BBM: I've been looking everyday and can't find any new info about those remains. The most recent articles are dated August 30, so I'm guessing there's been nothing new to report. I believe identifying skeletal remains can take months. I know it's a long process. I really hope it's Amber or Heather, but if it's not, I'm just glad that a grieving family will have the chance to get some closure.

You know, something I just thought about is SM's dad being in court this week. Has anyone seen him and Judge Dennis interact at all? As a refresher, I'm bringing this post from @LBDunes forward from an old thread:

Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2
I notice that there is a petition online to remove Judge Dennis from the case. The petition cites the hardship of travelling to Charleston, not allowing the family to speak at the bond reconsideration hearing, the defendants breaking the gag order w/o punishment and also not disclosing the fact that he Judge Markley Dennis knew, and attended school with the father of Sidney Moorer ( one of the defendants ) and grew up in the same small town area. This should have been addressed earlier on so as to decide if it was a problem BEFORE any rulings were made.

This petition apparently has the blessing of the E family/and or was started by them, from the looks of it. I wonder if this is the way the family feels, have they discussed this with the solicitor's office and if that is the case, will/did the solicitor ask for recusal of the judge?
And this one from @Dixie E (BBM):
Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer? #2
I doubt if Judge Dennis would even consider to recuse himself from the trial. He is going to be even worse at the trial since a petition was put up to get him to recuse himself. Especially by the E family. They do need to get an attorney to see what all is involved and to handle it the right way. The attorney needs to hear him at the bond hearings and determine for him or herself just how much impartial he really is. I know that he did go to school with S dad, but, was it a rumor that they went fishing together as friends, and is it actually heard on the tape after the hearing of about him saying he remembers S as a little boy going fishing with him and his dad. That would be reason enough if it is true. Who knows where all of this is going? I just pray for justice for H and her family.

I think Judge Dennis is being cool this time. I have no problems with the way he's handling things. Maybe he learned from the last time. I mean, I'm sure he read all we had to say about it here in our corner of the internet ;).
Agree. The only thing I do have a problem with is that the defendant is allowed to have this close interaction of hugging, kissing, laughing, engrossed conversation with members of his family in the courtroom. I find it to be disrespectful to the court and the victims family. Completely inappropriate and I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it. Since when are defendants allowed to carry on like this with people in the courtroom? Moo

Agree. The only thing I do have a problem with is that the defendant is allowed to have this close interaction of hugging, kissing, laughing, engrossed conversation with members of his family in the courtroom. I find it to be disrespectful to the court and the victims family. Completely inappropriate and I don’t think I have ever seen anything like it. Since when are defendants allowed to carry on like this with people in the courtroom? Moo

I don't like it either.

Remember how Tammy was allowed to be tapping away on a laptop? That was weird as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa