The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry Turns 35!
15th September 1984
prince-charles-princess-diana-with-the-newly-born-prince-henry-the-picture-id52101687
:D
prince-harry-with-a-shetland-pony-at-highgrove-picture-id52117495
prince-william-and-prince-harry-playing-on-a-rocking-horse-in-their-picture-id52118192

prince-harry-poses-with-usain-bolt-at-the-usain-bolt-track-at-the-of-picture-id140763662
Getty Images

1D7A2CCD-0EBF-4E3B-A1D1-63AE7915AF4A.jpeg 5BFBE2BA-E6FA-46C8-B7D3-C0B9006F86F0.jpeg F423E44B-A12E-4801-BBA0-AF3585FDCF5F.jpeg

Princess Diana would watch trash TV and guzzle McDonald's with William and Harry every week to give her sons a 'normal life'... and because they liked the Happy Meal toys

Diana would watch trash TV and eat McDonald's with William and Harry | Daily Mail Online

P.s this article is not critical of Princess Diana I would never post an article like that. It is just about how she tried to give the boys as normal a life as possible despite their lavish circumstances.

It is interesting Prince Charles wanted to call the boys Arthur and Albert I didn’t know that. I’m glad they got the names Princess Diana wanted.

Last edited:
Royal shock: Prince William to 'retire' early and be 'first King to abdicate for son' - (warning possible click bait)

PRINCE WILLIAM is second in line to the throne, but a royal expert suggests he may be lacklustre about his destiny and retire from the position early, as he “never calls it a calling, which is significant because it indicates there’s a retirement point”.

Royal shock: Prince William to 'retire' early and be 'first King to abdicate for son'

Do you think this is a possibility?

Bless you Princess Diana for instilling respectful decency into you boys....

“Prince Harry and Prince William have thrown their support behind retired Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas after he went public with his HIV positive status.

Thomas, 45, who played rugby for Wales and British Lions, went public with the diagnosis on Sunday, revealing he’d been threatened with blackmail over the news.”
Prince William and Prince Harry support rugby star Gareth Thomas over HIV status

Prince Harry Turns 35!
15th September 1984
prince-charles-princess-diana-with-the-newly-born-prince-henry-the-picture-id52101687
prince-harry-with-a-shetland-pony-at-highgrove-picture-id52117495
prince-william-and-prince-harry-playing-on-a-rocking-horse-in-their-picture-id52118192

prince-harry-poses-with-usain-bolt-at-the-usain-bolt-track-at-the-of-picture-id140763662
Getty Images

Interesting in that some pictures are so ordinary.

The one of the rocking horses in a sloping roofed room. So many people have a small house with a second story like that.

The picture by the plastic play house. I would expect an architecturally designed one made out of wood

They're great paintings but Harry probably didn't do them
"Some of the boys knew he would paint their pictures for them and would encourage him to talk about his pet subjects to keep him painting. I also saw him painting boys' work in their absence - in particular, Prince Harry's work, which later featured in the newspapers, and that of another of his second year A-level students."
('Teacher did Prince Harry's exam paintings')

Harry didn't have his B grade for the work taken off him but the teacher who blew the whistle got a settlement so it unlikely that she made it up, they wouldn't say he cheated only that he was "helped" (£45,000 damages for Prince Harry teacher)

Wow! That is sad.

Royal shock: Prince William to 'retire' early and be 'first King to abdicate for son' - (warning possible click bait)

PRINCE WILLIAM is second in line to the throne, but a royal expert suggests he may be lacklustre about his destiny and retire from the position early, as he “never calls it a calling, which is significant because it indicates there’s a retirement point”.

Royal shock: Prince William to 'retire' early and be 'first King to abdicate for son'

I don’t think so. I think William and Kate take their duties seriously, and William has the understated demeanor of his grandmother especially, but also his father.

I’ve never heard QE call being the Queen a calling. But what she has is a very deep understanding of her role, her destiny in history.

“Calling” seems to be an Instagram term. Everyone needs their calling. Well, some of these things are duty, commitment, causes, purpose. Calling used to be framed in higher calling, and we see that in the greats of great change... Mother Theresa, Gandi, Dali Lhama, Mandella, MLK, to name a few from modern times.

So, I don’t even think it is a word that Prince William would be comfortable using. His understated modesty is one of the things I admire most about him. And I think he’ll make a great king one day.

-jmo.

Those umbrellas are not expensive. I like how you can see through them. I wonder how sturdy they are. I want one
Fulton Birdcage Umbrella
71FwjZipxSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

41cdPBWEPrL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
$59.00
:pQ: Does the box the umbrella comes in have printed on the box "by appointment to her majesty the queen"?

A: Yes. It did.
Amazon.com

;) It's probably a better idea to buy from the U.K. & paying to have it mailed over.
:eek: They're x3 the price in the U.S.?
Amazon U.K. £20 = $25​

I don’t think so. I think William and Kate take their duties seriously, and William has the understated demeanor of his grandmother especially, but also his father.

I’ve never heard QE call being the Queen a calling. But what she has is a very deep understanding of her role, her destiny in history.

“Calling” seems to be an Instagram term. Everyone needs their calling. Well, some of these things are duty, commitment, causes, purpose. Calling used to be framed in higher calling, and we see that in the greats of great change... Mother Theresa, Gandi, Dali Lhama, Mandella, MLK, to name a few from modern times.

So, I don’t even think it is a word that Prince William would be comfortable using. His understated modesty is one of the things I admire most about him. And I think he’ll make a great king one day.

-jmo.

I was going to post something similar. I believe Prince William is very serious about his role, even if it is inherited.

He can still have fun and be family oriented while being serious about his role; I think he and Kate have demonstrated that well.

Like many other professions (nursing, military, first responders, K-12 School teachers, etc.) you make many sacrifices that take you away from your family for periods at a time. It's difficult, but they are dedicated to both family, "calling", and duty.

I wouldn't doubt that QE2 and Prince Charles have shared with him things that they would have done differently as persons in line to the throne and as parents. They may not have made it public, and that's alright.

upload_2019-9-16_9-40-35.png
(Getty Images)
1-queen-mum-prince-harry-au.jpg

Royal shock: Prince William to 'retire' early and be 'first King to abdicate for son' -
I would think it's rather premature for Wills to have even given any thought to this?:rolleyes:

There seems to be a future King in line still awaiting the throne first anyway. :confused: Considering the length of time he's been waiting ascension it may also be that there's quite some number of years before William would even become King.

<modsnip: Removed profanity meme>​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! Four reviews only!

Does anyone have experience with these?
Here's one from the U.K. site with 242 Customer Reviews

;) There's a lot more options to choose as well.

:) I don't know if it was a Fulton but I had a similar umbrella back when I was a little cherub, I thought it was great!
That style has been around & popular here for decades.
26th-june-1974-a-young-couple-sharing-a-seethrough-umbrella-during-a-picture-id3273275

Young couple sheltering from the rain (1974)
queen-juliana-of-the-netherlands-uses-an-umbrella-to-shield-herself-picture-id168817401

Queen Juliana of the Netherlands uses an umbrella to shield herself from the rain (1979)
the-queen-mother-holding-a-transparent-umbrella-to-keep-off-the-rain-picture-id52104944
princess-margaret-wearing-a-turbanstyle-hat-in-the-carriage-for-the-picture-id52105367

Queen Mother at Ascot - Queen Mother with Princess Margaret, Trooping the Colour (1982)
chester-macdonald-cochairman-of-the-prince-edward-island-summer-games-picture-id502824859

W. Chester MacDonald; Co-chairman of the Prince Edward Island summer games; holds a umbrella for HRH Queen Elizabeth (1973)

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are being held under the microscope yet again by the British public, after it was revealed that they broke council rules when it came to renovating the gardens at their new home Frogmore Cottage.

I didn’t think they would get hauled in front of the planning committee and end up having to rip up their garden.
:cool:
Windsor council gives Prince Harry and Meghan Markle the green light for a 'privacy hedge' and £4,000 hand-built barbecue at Frogmore Cottage

The Duke of Sussex received some happy birthday news today when he was given the green light to complete his dream home - with the planting of a 'privacy hedge'.
18458302-7462243-image-a-7_1568407629580.jpg
  • Couple applied for retrospective consent after changing approved design
  • It included a thicket of new trees to shield the house from public footpath
  • Also includes a £4,000 outdoor seating and cooking area with hand-built BBQ
  • Sources say 'outdoor entertaining spaces' are privately funded by the couple ;)
Work on the gardens at Frogmore Cottage, the new permanent home of Harry - who turns 35 today - Meghan and Baby Archie - included a £4,000 'outdoor seating and cooking area' complete with hand-built BBQ, is 'very nearly finished', according to a Royal Source.

Council gives Prince Harry and Meghan Markle the green light for 'privacy hedge' at Frogmore Cottage | Daily Mail Online

I love his paintings. I wonder if he did anymore?

The picture of him carrying out belongings in a plastic bag is hilarious. I would picture Royals having fancy luggage and a crew to make the move.

Harry seems so James Bond,Talented in many ways
Love that !! and your comment about Royals and fancy luggage reminded me of Diana's- IIRC it was white and had a coronet perhaps? I can't remember exactly - I remember seeing a picture of it years ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member