GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for focus.

I don't know the official definition of perjury, but I believe she's committed it multiple times (some I'm sure we do not even know about).

One glaring one that just happened in this trial is that she testified under oath that they got the new security system BECAUSE of all of the harassment and threats.....people coming onto their property.....she said they made many calls to 911 to report this. Someone testified today that NO calls were made to 911 by them in the entire year (2013). She outright lied. Under oath. I think that is perjury.

The person who testified today (Kathman?) said there were no complaints filed. Defense clarified that a call is different than a complaint. And, the Moorers made 14 complaints were made beginning in January 204 with 0 in December 2013.

Let us not forget that Ashley has always backed away from any statement that would hold to account. She didn't call 911 --she heard others. Whenever anyone tried to pin her, she wiggled and backed up. Same as when NL was letting her read her testimony---"if that is what it says there. then....." was often the answer.

Regarding what Donald saw on the phone: had he ever described what he saw to any law enforcement? Maybe a clue as to where Heather may be, but what happened to her? Or is it because there is no hard evidence, it can't be investigated on? I wonder how much Nancy knows about the picture he saw ...

I have been wondering this myself. Have also been wondering if the Elvis family was ever provided the details of what he claims to have seen.

The person who testified today (Kathman?) said there were no complaints filed. Defense clarified that a call is different than a complaint. And, the Moorers made 14 complaints were made beginning in January 204 with 0 in December 2013.

Let us not forget that Ashley has always backed away from any statement that would hold to account. She didn't call 911 --she heard others. Whenever anyone tried to pin her, she wiggled and backed up. Same as when NL was letting her read her testimony---"if that is what it says there. then....." was often the answer.

Good points. We may just have to settle for her sentence being a pariah to society for the rest of her days.

I had one for seven years, thankfully not anymore.

I guess I hadn't really given much thought to tammy withholding the body disposal location. I've always thought the deceased family member played a role. I remember the searchers he threatened when they got too close to his property. I thought wow this guy's reaction to the searchers is a little over the top. IMO, over the top reactions can be an indicator of guilt or something to hide. With him it was both and drove him to the grave, MOO.

If we know anything about TM, and unfortunately we know quite a bit, we know more than anything that she HAS to be in control. Knowing that, wherever Heather is or whatever was done to her body, I have no doubt in my mind it rests on their property. I feel like that would give her the element of control that I feel she has to have. It would allow her to watch it and know what was going on at all times. JMO.

Wow. Just watched NL closing argument and the family speak, and the sentencing. I'm so glad he was found guilty. I think his wording at the end was very careful- I don't think he knows where poor Heather is, but I do think his wife does. I wish he would just be honest and tell all he knows. What is the point now? They are both in jail, what does he have to hide anymore? What he is afraid of with her? What could she possibly have on him now?

Wow. Just watched NL closing argument and the family speak, and the sentencing. I'm so glad he was found guilty. I think his wording at the end was very careful- I don't think he knows where poor Heather is, but I do think his wife does. I wish he would just be honest and tell all he knows. What is the point now? They are both in jail, what does he have to hide anymore? What he is afraid of with her? What could she possibly have on him now?

Murder charges, although I'm sure the Elvis family would work with him if he were to finally tell where she is or he's protecting others. I think Ashley is the weak link, time for the State to go after her!

Also, I've been looking back over timelines. I am wondering if SM went to HE apartment with the pregnancy test. She stopped all social media postings for a while, could have been while he was there. I wish there was surveillance in her parking lot. After that, I'm confused. Could SM have asked her to go someplace after the test, and TM was there waiting? At first I really thought Heather was frantically calling him during those 3:38-3:41 am calls from PTL- I was afraid that TM had shown up and Heather panicked trying to get ahold of SM. I no longer believe that. I now think she didn't have control of her phone long before any of that happened. Right now, I think she didn't have control of her phone shortly after 2am. I am inclined to believe that many of the later payphone calls may have actually been from SM to TM. Like TM was waiting for the results of the pregnancy test. I don't know, I go back and forth though.

Murder charges, although I'm sure the Elvis family would work with him if he were to finally tell where she is or he's protecting others. I think Ashley is the weak link, time for the State to go after her!
Very true. I wondered though because NL seemed to indicate in this trial that she knew there wasn't enough for murder. Do you think that is just what she says to this jury because she needed them to understand that for this case?

The reason TM and SM won't tell where Heather is because then they could bring murder charges against them. At least I think that is the reason. I don't think the sentence would make a difference because they are basically spending life in prison now. That is JMO!

I also wonder if NL truly believes the timeline she gives, or if that is just what can logically make sense (Heather disappearing from PTL). After hearing about Longbeards, I don't think many of us think things went on at PTL.

Was there any info about whether Heather's car was seen driving to PTL- that would give good information too. I just don't recall hearing that.

Very true. I wondered though because NL seemed to indicate in this trial that she knew there wasn't enough for murder. Do you think that is just what she says to this jury because she needed them to understand that for this case?

I think Nancy is probably waiting for the recovery of Heather to charge murder, since they have both been put away for a good, long time.

I wonder if Heather's family filed a civil suit if more could be elicited from the witnesses? Or would they just plead the 5th??

They dropped the murder charges years ago to avoid double jeopardy, no second bite at the proverbial apple. I felt that was a very smart move. Something in the future could change i.e., someone confesses, why risk a future murder charge?

The reason TM and SM won't tell where Heather is because then they could bring murder charges against them. At least I think that is the reason. I don't think the sentence would make a difference because they are basically spending life in prison now. That is JMO!
That's exactly why I held out hope he might try to initiate a plea deal.

I would have preferred consecutive sentences.

But, I do think the space has been left to bring murder charges and I think if Ashley crumbles they will be there. I hope they are upping the pressure on her. Despicable family.

30 years is a long time. Aside from what they have done to the Elvis family, they have ruined the lives of their own family in a senseless tangle of control, deception, jealousy, violence and ultimately murder. I agree with the judge that Tammy was the driving force, the vitriol that woman can produce is absolutely terrifying. Not that any good can be said of Sidney.

I hope their children can break the cycle and go on to

I also wonder if NL truly believes the timeline she gives, or if that is just what can logically make sense (Heather disappearing from PTL). After hearing about Longbeards, I don't think many of us think things went on at PTL.

Was there any info about whether Heather's car was seen driving to PTL- that would give good information too. I just don't recall hearing that.

I don't remember any info on Heather's car being seen driving to PTL, only thing the State presented were the phone pings from her car. The million dollar question to me is who had control of her phone and her those hours after SM called and she started moving around.

I don't remember any info on Heather's car being seen driving to PTL, only thing the State presented were the phone pings from her car. The million dollar question to me is who had control of her phone and her those hours after SM called and she started moving around.

I may not be in the vast majority, but I firmly believe it was Heather who drove to PTL with the intent to meet up with Sidney. They attempted to hide Sidney's contact with her by using a payphone, why would they undo that effort to call his cell phone from hers? That only implicates him further. IMO, Heather was in control of her phone until it powered off that morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member