AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
A vigil is scheduled for 7 p.m. Saturday at Bridgeton City Park.

Amber Alert update: Reward increased to $30K in search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez

The reward has increased to $30,000 as of Friday morning. The FBI, Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office and New Jersey State Police Benevolent Association have each contributed $5,000 to the reward total, along with $15,000 from private businesses. Newfield National Bank has offered $10,000 reward. Tortilleria El Paisano, a Bridgeton tortilla bakery, was the first to put $5,000 towards the reward for information leading to Dulce.

You don't know WHY Edgar Martinez was picked up by ICE.
It could be for a variety of reasons not related to this case.

While I agree that the undocumented immigrant community could be scared off by the fear of deportation, there are plenty of ways to give a tip anonymously.

The extended video of Dulce walking in to the store and making a beeline to the ice cream freezer makes me think she's done this before. I just want to give her mother and grandmother a big hug! I am so sorry they went through the bullying, this woman is 5 months pregnant on top of all of this. Stay strong ladies!

P

People have no idea how scared these people are of ICE. When ICE is in town here they literally go underground. Children don’t go too school. We set up food banks and literally deliver the food to their homes. I can’t imagine living with that kind of terror! This is not meant as a political statement, it is just a truth. I am afraid that is what is hindering this investigation.
That is absolutely true. Just the mention of ICE is enough to drive any possible witness underground if there are any immigration issues in the family or friends circle. I hope, if anyone knows anything, they will find the courage to step forward and report what they know. I wonder if there is an anonymous way to report sightings?

Chris O'Connell (@CoconnellFox29) tweeted on Fri, Sep 20, 2019:
Update: After most exhaustive search so far, no sign of 5 year old Dulce Alavez. Prosecutors pleading with public be alert to possible suspect in community who may have changed appearance, missed work or acting suspicious. Total reward up to $35,000 for whereabouts. @FOX29philly Chris O'Connell on Twitter
(Chris O'Connell on Twitter)

“If you are an undocumented immigrant, do not be concerned about your immigration status.”

(Reiterating in Spanish and discussing anonymous tip line)

“We are not concerned about your immigration status, we want the information”

(Moo, transcription)

That is absolutely true. Just the mention of ICE is enough to drive any possible witness underground if there are any immigration issues in the family or friends circle. I hope, if anyone knows anything, they will find the courage to step forward and report what they know. I wonder if there is an anonymous way to report sightings?

Law enforcement has already said that they won’t ask the immigration status of anyone who provides tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member