AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dulce's mother, Noema Alavez Perez, said her daughter "would never run off" or "walk by herself."

"It could be anybody. We don't know if it's a family member, strangers," Dulce's aunt, Nayiber Alavez, told reporters Wednesday. "But the only thing we're asking is for her to come back home safely."

Note the order. Most will prioritize whats first and foremost on their minds.

Police say he was last seen wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt. He was driving a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows.

Authorities believe a man in a minivan took the little girl. They don’t know if he’s familiar to her or a complete stranger.

“We as a family, we feel really sad and really bad for not finding my niece. We don’t know who took her, who’s with her, how she is doing and everything. The only thing we’re trying to do is find her,” Dulce’s aunt, Nayiber Alavez Perez, said.

“Someone out there has a piece of information that could unlock this entire mystery and… they could think it’s not significant, they don’t want to bother the police, but please pick up the phone even if you think it’s insignificant,” said Robert Lowery, vice president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Grandmother pleads for safe return of missing 5-year-old New Jersey girl

***...last seen. I’ve been wondering if witnesses had seen him earlier in the day.

I do remember one of my posts said witnesses had seen the children on the playground.

"I'm not going to go into anything as a reference to what was recovered or anything like that. It's all part of the investigation," Gaimari told reporters during a Friday afternoon press conference. He refused to answer follow-up questions.

An official for Immigration and Customs Enforcement confirmed to NBC10 that the boyfriend of Alavez's mother, who is not the girl's biological father, had been detained by ICE and then released. However, the official would not confirm whether the boyfriend was in ICE custody at the time of the disappearance.

The boyfriend, a 27-year-old Mexican citizen, "is part of an ongoing investigation by local, state and federal law enforcement partners and ICE cannot comment further," the official said, refusing also to confirm whether the investigation into the boyfriend involves Alavez's disappearance.
Reward Climbs to $35K as Search for 5-Year-Old Continues

Attachments

• 2F1EF29B-D039-491E-B44E-BC656E4BBFB1.jpeg
    2F1EF29B-D039-491E-B44E-BC656E4BBFB1.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 52
It has to be an unplanned stranger abduction considering that both children were out of sight of the mother (even if just a few minutes), two buildings beside the playground for a car or van to park behind and an escape road out of sight from where the mother was parked.

This sounds like Dulce may have been wandering through the park.
Or possibly being led through the park?

LE really needs to confirm that the little girl being put inside a red vehicle, was not a father-daughter situation. I’m not convinced that this was Dulce. I cannot explain my feelings, but that’s my doubtful side.

This is the one week mark of Dulce’s disappearance, shouldn’t this have been asked for by now? I’m losing faith in LE.

Amber Alert update: Cops seek park photos, videos as search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez enters 2nd week

Also the post from FB, Prosecutor’s post asking...

I hope Video was viewed by LE of customers going into Convenient Stores close to the park within the time frame she went missing. I do think behind the two buildings would be a spot to park and drink a cold six pack while watching the basketball players.

Police say he was last seen wearing orange sneakers, red pants and a black shirt. He was driving a red van with a sliding door and tinted windows.

Authorities believe a man in a minivan took the little girl. They don’t know if he’s familiar to her or a complete stranger.

“We as a family, we feel really sad and really bad for not finding my niece. We don’t know who took her, who’s with her, how she is doing and everything. The only thing we’re trying to do is find her,” Dulce’s aunt, Nayiber Alavez Perez, said.

“Someone out there has a piece of information that could unlock this entire mystery and… they could think it’s not significant, they don’t want to bother the police, but please pick up the phone even if you think it’s insignificant,” said Robert Lowery, vice president of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
Grandmother pleads for safe return of missing 5-year-old New Jersey girl

***...last seen. I’ve been wondering if witnesses had seen him earlier in the day.

I do remember one of my posts said witnesses had seen the children on the playground.
I can't shake this Susan Smith style description of the 'abductor',and the 'red Van with tinted windows' feeling.
Something seems really sketch about it.
I think they would already have captured surveliellance video of the 'Red Van with tinterow windows', and the perp driving it by now. In and the park area,and at and around the time of the abduction by now.
I think maybe it's some schoolyard bullies/ gang bangers,and they are all covering for each other.
Hence the sketch description of perp,and Red Van with tinted windows.
That's why I hope they get more survelliance video of vehicles,and buses, of anyone near the park that day,at that time.
MOO

Or possibly being led through the park?

LE really needs to confirm that the little girl being put inside a red vehicle, was not a father-daughter situation. I’m not convinced that this was Dulce. I cannot explain my feelings, but that’s my doubtful side.
I have been feeling for a time now that the van was not IN the park but was in fact on an adjacent side street or a commercial parking lot.

I couldn’t agree more. This is being handled in a way that doesn’t fit the norm.

In a situation where law enforcement is convinced a “stranger abduction” occurred, they typically hold daily press conferences, or atleast keep the public updated on a regular basis.

I think there’s a reason for this, and they know something we don’t.

Things may not be as they appear.

My fear is the opposite - that LE knows nothing that we don't.

After a week there is no sketch of the suspected kidnapper. Nothing. How are people supposed to be on the look out for this guy when they can't visualize him.

I'm starting to get really angry now. Something is not right here.

I sense, LE are going in circles or not even that.

MOO

This bothers me as well, especially with the areas of water around. Kids can hurt themselves so easily at that age, even with no kidnappers around. Kids should know to wait for an adult at that age or to stay within eyesight.

Do we know what the mother said to explain why she let two toddlers (or just out of toddler stage) out in the park alone? Why was she sitting in the car with a nine year old?

I need to understand this to piece this all together. I don’t know a nine year old who wouldn’t want to run around a park unless they were sick?
Anyone know this part of the events that transpired?

If the Mom is 19 and has a five year old, she was likely pregnant at 13. That in itself is a tragedy, and a crime.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Dulce’s uncle, Abad Perez, pleaded for his niece’s safe return with those at the vigil. He stood in the center of a circle that was gathered around him in a sea of yellow shirts -- the same color shirt Dulce was wearing when she went missing.

“As a father, I’m begging you,” he said in Spanish after the vigil concluded. “Maybe there’s a chance you’ll see this but I’m begging you return my niece. Please, I’m begging you.”

“She didn’t hurt anyone, she’s just an innocent girl who loves to play games. What’s the reason she disappeared? Anyone who sees anything. Today we need information. Support the police. We want the girl back, we want her to come back home. Please." he said.
Minutes later, her son ran back to the car crying and pointing to the area where he last saw Dulce, police said. He told his mom that someone had knocked his ice cream out of his grasp, the mother previously said.
Community prays for safe return of missing 5-year-old N.J. girl
Dulce’s uncle, Abad Perez, pleaded for his niece’s safe return with those at the vigil. He stood in the center of a circle that was gathered around him in a sea of yellow shirts -- the same color shirt Dulce was wearing when she went missing.

“As a father, I’m begging you,” he said in Spanish after the vigil concluded. “Maybe there’s a chance you’ll see this but I’m begging you return my niece. Please, I’m begging you.”

“She didn’t hurt anyone, she’s just an innocent girl who loves to play games. What’s the reason she disappeared? Anyone who sees anything. Today we need information. Support the police. We want the girl back, we want her to come back home. Please." he said.
Minutes later, her son ran back to the car crying and pointing to the area where he last saw Dulce, police said. He told his mom that someone had knocked his ice cream out of his grasp, the mother previously said.
Community prays for safe return of missing 5-year-old N.J. girl

This is the first I have seen it reported that someone knocked the ice cream out of the little boys grasp.

Useful approach!
How Talking to My Sons About "Tricky People"—Not Just "Strangers"—Saved Their Lives
By
Jodie Norton May 20, 2016
CJ: “Mom, I knew they were tricky people because they were asking us for help. Adults don’t ask kids for help.”

Have you heard of the tricky people concept? Tricky people are the new strangers. Pattie Fitzgerald, the creator of Safely Ever After where the tricky people concept originated says, “Stop telling your kids not to talk to strangers. They might need to talk to a stranger one day. Instead, teach them which sorts of strangers are safe.”

One of her guidelines for knowing what people are unsafe is the rule CJ remembered in time of need–tricky people ask kids for help. If a safe adult needs help, they’ll ask another adult. Not a kid."
Yes, that's the article, thank you for finding it.

Is there more details on the red van?

I imagine a fire engine red minivan from the description, which isn’t a common vehicle at all. But change that to burgundy or maroon work van and it’s completely different. I can’t think of any other vehicles with sliding doors other than mini vans and work vans. We should at least have a stock photo of what they’re looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member