Found Deceased NY - Nicole Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019 *arrest*

How did they ensure that the child stayed on the porch and didn't scream/cry (especially after what he witnessed), waking up the residents of the house immediately? Was the child sleeping when they left him there? Was he left somewhere else and found the porch on his own?
All good questions- It a huge risk to being caught, in my opinion, to save that child. To me this is more than just a guilty conscience.

Add it to the things that don't add up.

Camera's all over in that area but no other video released and no other vehicle description released.
2 Kilo's of cocaine left behind when there was plenty of time to go and get it.
Only 2 bodies in the car but 3 adults on the "trip".
Child ends up placed in a box with a blanket on the porch of a kind woman who took care of him.
Perps took the gas can with them when they could easily have just burned it with the car.

All good questions- It a huge risk to being caught, in my opinion, to save that child. To me this is more than just a guilty conscience.

Add it to the things that don't add up.

Camera's all over in that area but no other video released and no other vehicle description released.
2 Kilo's of cocaine left behind when there was plenty of time to go and get it.
Only 2 bodies in the car but 3 adults on the "trip".
Child ends up placed in a box with a blanket on the porch of a kind woman who took care of him.
Perps took the gas can with them when they could easily have just burned it with the car.
Regarding your first comment about it being risky to save the child. I agree. It makes me think that the person doing the saving believed that action was less a problem/risk than the alternative. Possibly, they felt they'd have a (bigger) problem with their conscience. Or, possibly, they thought they'd have a (bigger) problem in some other way. For example, the grandmother seems quite "focused" on the grandchild... could it be that had the child been killed, the grandmother was feared to potentially "go berserk", so-to-speak, upon the killer(?).

I believe that most everyone (even those up to no good) generally chooses the path of least resistance. I'd imagine that's what happened here.

Regarding your first comment about it being risky to save the child. I agree. It makes me think that the person doing the saving believed that action was less a problem/risk than the alternative. Possibly, they felt they'd have a (bigger) problem with their conscience. Or, possibly, they thought they'd have a (bigger) problem in some other way. For example, the grandmother seems quite "focused" on the grandchild... could it be that had the child been killed, the grandmother was feared to potentially "go berserk", so-to-speak, upon the killer(?).

I believe that most everyone (even those up to no good) generally chooses the path of least resistance. I'd imagine that's what happened here.

People don't get overly worked up about the murder of drug dealers, couriers, etc. It's almost par for the course these days. You want to play this dangerous game then at some point you're going to pay the price one way or the other.

It's a whole other deal to be a child killer. The murder of a defenseless child makes LE sit up and take notice in a different way, as well as the general public.

Somebody cared about the child. They didn't want the child killed but they also didn't want to keep the child with them.

Sparing the child has given LE insight into the perps. It may be their downfall.

MOO

I agree. If this was a drug deal gone bad, it will get some traction in local LE and the community. But, if a baby/young child is killed in this gruesome way, then, the story would blow up and the outrage would be huge, causing lots of refocusing of the media. This story is already leaving the media, probably for two reasons: LEO doesn't want to tip their hand and the public doesn't generally get outraged when drug dealers (read "non-innocent type" people) are killed. (Should add: This is an alleged drug dealing situation--not saying anyone is or isn't a dealer.)

you may be onto something here...
if the grandmother knew about the acquaintances of the couple, it could lead to
tracking down the 3rd person and/or others
who maybe were involved.
I can't imagine a grandparent condoning having that baby in an environment of drug dealing. Maybe the grandmother does know
more and finally is getting the chance to remove her grandbaby from the dangerous
atmosphere.
So far, no followup by local Orlando news.

I agree. If this was a drug deal gone bad, it will get some traction in local LE and the community. But, if a baby/young child is killed in this gruesome way, then, the story would blow up and the outrage would be huge, causing lots of refocusing of the media. This story is already leaving the media, probably for two reasons: LEO doesn't want to tip their hand and the public doesn't generally get outraged when drug dealers (read "non-innocent type" people) are killed. (Should add: This is an alleged drug dealing situation--not saying anyone is or isn't a dealer.)
You're right on- drug deals gone bad are so
common around Orlando- several shootings every week, that they're hardly newsworthy anymore. They just report shootings and deaths with little explanation. Some mornings we wake up to 3-4 deaths overnight from these
deals. It's bad.

Another perplexing case. I am thankful the killers spared the child's life. But, I am waiting to find out who the deceased people in the car are... I just think things with this case may get more perplexing..the possibility certainly exists until it is ascertained with certainty who the two dead people are.

SEP 25, 2019
Emergency Custody Hearing To Be Held for Boy Found on Porch
It's been just more than a week since Noelvin, a 3-year-old from Orlando, was discovered on a porch in Buffalo.

[...]

"He was a potential witness to the crime involving his parents so they needed him here for the police to do whatever investigating they wanted to do,” said Robert Vario, family law attorney.

[...]

"We just want my grandson to go back to his routine," said Noelvin’s paternal grandma, Zenaida Colon.

[...]

As investigators work to determine what happened to the three adults, Noelvin's grandparents will be in Family Court in Buffalo to expedite his return to Florida.

"Now he is asking when he can come home that sort of thing. I think it's definitely the best place for him to be,” said Vario.

The final decision on where the toddler ends up is now in the hands an Erie County Family Court judge.

I hope they rule grandma and her home fit for Noelvin to reside there long term, after everything I think this would be the best outcome, have my fingers crossed for this family!
While I agree that living with a responsible family long-term is desirable, I'm not convinced that a relatively immediate placement there would be wise. Returning to the comfort of routine (as has been stated by Ms. Colon) surely is beneficial. However, I think that nobody should overlook a strong potential for the boys peril... as long as the crime(s) are unsolved. Certainly, any survivors have (by this time) must be wonder if the boy will communicate (or has already) their identities. Someone has killed already. It's been said that it gets easier after the first one(s).

While I agree that living with a responsible family long-term is desirable, I'm not convinced that a relatively immediate placement there would be wise. Returning to the comfort of routine (as has been stated by Ms. Colon) surely is beneficial. However, I think that nobody should overlook a strong potential for the boys peril... as long as the crime(s) are unsolved. Certainly, any survivors have (by this time) must be wonder if the boy will communicate (or has already) their identities. Someone has killed already. It's been said that it gets easier after the first one(s).
If the guys in the video are the perps then to me it's obvious they wanted the boy to live.
If the little one knew the names of one or both perps, that, to me, clearly didn't bother them.
There is no threat to this boy's life. They wanted him safe. imo.

If the guys in the video are the perps then to me it's obvious they wanted the boy to live.
If the little one knew the names of one or both perps, that, to me, clearly didn't bother them.
I really think the left the boy alive "out of the kidness of their hearts" not because they knew him. They are clearly not afraid of being identify by him. JMO

Possibly. However, they may have had time to think about it further. They may have had interaction with others that are involved that may not see it the same way. They may have left him on/near the porch to avoid some immediate situation... and didn't intend for him to survive even at that time.

To me, relying on the clear headedness, logic and ethical/moral/legal good faith of someone that seemingly has committed a double murder is a roll of the dice. Were I that boy; If my life were in the balance, I'd want protection. Others may feel safe & secure relying on the good nature culture of a (presumed) murderer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarellano5280
Back