TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her continued posturing and justification, getting in the way of the rescue, was quite appalling to me. She should have said that this man needs immediate care, the area is clear, and she should have been separated from the scene by the lead officer.

I think at one point one of the (rendering care) officers ( it’s on body cam) pointed to the door & said something to her( maybe “out”)
Her hyper MY APARTMENT mantra was insane.She led with her ego that day.True colors.

IMO.

It's one thing to go to the wrong floor, it's quite another to enter and shoot someone dead. I've gone into a men's room by accident but I didn't stay and use the urinal.

I experienced one of those rare mistakes a hotel made at registration. They gave me a room key to a room that was occupied. I slid in the magnetic key, door unlocked, I opened it and saw a man off to one side of the room and suitcases on the bed being unpacked. I immediately backed out of the room, looked at the room number on the door again and returned to the front desk. My reaction was immediate, reflexive. I'm guessing that's a normal reaction. Most people wouldn't go barging into a hotel suite raising heck and demanding the person leave.

A female sergeant who was approx. the 3rd officer who arrived at the scene testified that a set of keys was inserted in Jean's door. She further testifies the door was ajar when she arrived (unclear if it was being held open by an officer or if it was just open.
This sergeant removed AG from the scene per protocol when there is an officer involved shooting.

The attached photo shows AG in the hallway as first responders were rendering aid to Jean.

still texting...awful

I am guessing the law does not technically consider it so, but IMO, the fact she REFUSED to administer aid at any point to Mr. Jean, raises it from 2nd Degree Manslaughter to Murder. It does not sound like they've made the direct connection, but it certainly seems like the prosecution has insinuated that her lack of care, with no attempt to save his life whatsoever, makes her even more guilty, and gives the appearance of intent. But I'm assuming that's irrelevant in how the jury is supposed to interpret the law.

I experienced one of those rare mistakes a hotel made at registration. They gave me a room key to a room that was occupied. I slid in the magnetic key, door unlocked, I opened it and saw a man off to one side of the room and suitcases on the bed being unpacked. I immediately backed out of the room, looked at the room number on the door again and returned to the front desk. My reaction was immediate, reflexive. I'm guessing that's a normal reaction. Most people wouldn't go barging into a hotel suite raising heck and demanding the person leave.

I have had that same experience. Which is why I immediately set the bar lock on the door. Geez, thank goodness I am an elderly woman. Imagine if I had been a young man!

This case is literally making me so nervous inside.

Until I am proven wrong, I can’t help but think that this isn’t gonna turn out the way I want it to turn out.

I’ve have watched so many cases that have let me down and something like this may be one of the biggest cases yet so far for us as a country and I’m not talking about race but if someone can walk into someone else’s house and shoot them, call it self defense and walk away with no type of price to pay, it would devastate me and others to no end.

Yet, on the other hand without getting too religious on you guys, I also am a huge believer in the lord and I know Botham was one as well. In the back of my mind, I can’t help but wonder if he was the chosen one that can get this thing turned around for us because let’s be honest here, what are the chances the day your door is unlocked, that it’s the same day that an officer goes to a different floor and walks right in thinking it’s her place.

I hope so, but I doubt it.

This case can go either way. Especially as the jury is sequestered.

The only thing that makes me think that she will be convicted, is that she wasn't mindful of what she was doing. Her focus was on the "not happening booty call".

And I am sure that everyone on that jury has probably worked double shifts, come home dog tired, but is actually thinking about getting home, having dinner, with the mindset of "Home". Not the mindset of "AG". That is the key element here for me. She wasn't tired. She wanted her BF.

She wasn't thinking about getting home. That is why I think that she will be convicted.

IMO
I've thought long and hard about this killing. I've given Guyger the benefit of the doubt and believe at first she might not have realized she was at the wrong apartment . Whether her oblivion was due to tiredness or her personal life doesn't matter to me. Either option is no excuse for what she did. And what she did is end an innocent man's life. Did she render aid after shooting the unarmed man, no. What she did is unforgivable. She instead called for help out of the situation she had just created. She wanted to save herself with no regard for the man dying on the floor. How to stay out of trouble and find a way to blame the victim. She had options when she saw the man on the couch. She could have retreated(best option)she could have used chemical agent or used a taser if she had it on her belt. That she immediately and recklessly used her gun cannot just be swept under the rug. I'm nearing the conclusion that criminally negligent homicide is not a verdict harsh enough for what she did. However, I'm waiting for the rest of the State's case and then the defense to present their case before I can say I believe it to be manslaughter or murder.

Yes, iirc it was a detective or supervisor who testified her keys were found in his door. They showed a video of her key being inserted into his door and how it responded (can't open door, flashes red). Also, showed his key being inserted, it unlocked the door, it makes a sound and the light flashes green.

Per the Prosecutor's opening statement he said Botham had NOT locked his door that night.

I'm not for or against the suspect but lets say she mistakenly walked up to his door..inserted her keys and with that little bit of pressure the door moved.. anyone coming home would be startled at that.. and once she saw him and he saw her they both unfortunately reacted. I'm disturbed that she didn't render aid to him...has that been proven or is that another rumor? If so, that would do it for me too. I can see an unintentional mistake but not aiding him until EMTs arrived is intentional,IMO

This case can go either way. Especially as the jury is sequestered.

The only thing that makes me think that she will be convicted, is that she wasn't mindful of what she was doing. Her focus was on the "not happening booty call".

And I am sure that everyone on that jury has probably worked double shifts, come home dog tired, but is actually thinking about getting home, having dinner, with the mindset of "Home". Not the mindset of "AG". That is the key element here for me. She wasn't tired. She wanted her BF.

She wasn't thinking about getting home. That is why I think that she will be convicted.
I agree with you. She really didn't have that long of a day. And prior to the incident, she had several days off. I think the jury will see through that "dog-tired" excuse. I also think the jury will be a little surprised at all the texting with MR throughout the day and night, and might possibly come to the conclusion that she was distracted by MR, rather than being tired. Regardless, I do think it is reasonable that she made a mistake to enter the wrong apartment. But nothing after that point meets the reasonable standard IMO. And then, to not render aid or show any concern for the victim...

Talking to my husband tonight. I think everyone here can agree it was a mistake.

Sure, we can question why one may think it’s their place. Maybe you don’t see all those signs, why? I don’t know but at the end of the day she’s the one still responsible for her actions. I think the jury can still find her guilty and responsible for taking a life due to her mistakes because at some point - you can’t miss 16 doors, you cant miss signs, you can’t miss the smell of marijuana, you can’t miss the red mat, you can’t miss the red light, none of that ...

With that being said, you can’t just take someone’s life because you aren’t paying attention.

I think they can find her guilty and give that man the justice he deserves, while also taking it into account that it could have been a mistake, one that ultimately cost a life.

If you want to feel sorry for her fine, but worry about that part when it comes to sentencing, not with the verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675