OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any type of timeline ever been put together referring to the last time the victims were either seen or spoken to?

DR's co-workers know what time she left work that night. After she got home she reportedly posted on FB and texted. Though, with the right passwords anyone could have posted to her FB and/or texted on her A/C's.

One of the children was dropped off rather late at FR and HHG's trailer, about 10:30 pm?

I'm most curious when CRsr was last seen or spoken to. JMO, I thought it was reported he was killed before the others (per autopsy reports?).

JMO, MOO, etc.

PS - I would also be curious when the last W4 sighting was both before and after the crimes were discovered.

The W sons (at least) were probably dying their hair black. :eek::eek: They both showed up in Defiance Farm photos on SM shortly after the murders.:oops::oops:

I don't either. One of the TV reporters said that BCI believed CR saw his killers coming.

Rhoden family massacre: Autopsy reports indicate one victim was awake when fatally shot

It now appears that 40-year-old Christopher Rhoden Sr., the family patriarch, was among the first killed. The reports indicate he was awake when he was confronted by at least one person with a gun. Among the nine gunshot wounds he suffered was an apparent defensive wound to his right forearm that shattered bone. Also, at least one bullet went through a door before hitting him, according to the reports.

In addition to the bullet wound to his forearm, Rhoden Sr. also was shot in the torso and cheek. He was found in the back bedroom of a trailer at 4077 Union Hill Road.

His wound in his right forearm was considered a defensive wound. Also, at least one bullet went through a door before hitting him. We don't know for certain, but everyone here has speculated on a few different scenarios - mostly that he saw or heard them outside and ran to the back bedroom to retrieve a weapon, etc. and was shot through that door. He could have also been asleep in the bedroom and awakened when they made a noise.

IIRC from what BJM said, CR1 and GR were both laying on the floor, with GR laying across CR1's legs. So it sounds like CR was out of his bed and standing when he was killed. GR, according to BJM's remarks, had been dragged to the back bedroom from the front part of the trailer.

JMO, BJM's description of "blood all over the house" could mean that CR1 was shot near the front door, then ran to the back bedroom. IDK, we'll find out.

An update with some very helpful information from WS member and verified attorney PrairieWind. I asked some follow up questions about how multiple murder trials are handled, etc. and received a nice reply.

Disclaimer: PrairieWind hasn't been following this case, so isn't familiar with all the details. Their reply is based on general information about how multiple trials are usually handled. We're very grateful for their assistance in taking the time to answer some questions:

"Hi Betty. So sorry it has taken so long to respond. I have been busy with a trial of my own. I have not followed this case much but I will try to answer your questions in general. It will be a tremendous challenge to a small county to have 4 trials of that magnitude. Both financially and upon the jury pool and the court's time and resources. The State will assist tremendously to help our. Changing venues is complex and very much case by case. Can a defendant receive a fair trial in a certain venue? some Defendants may ask to change venues, others may object. ALL will use venue as a potential appeal issue if they lose at trial. The local County Attorney is likely the person that is in charge of overseeing the entire matter, even if assisted by states attorneys. He/she will make the call who goes to trial first and that is usually a strategic decision. Will getting one trial done first help crack other defendants? Lots of factors to consider there. And yes, getting a conviction on one makes it more likely that later defendants will want to deal. HOWEVER, sometimes, a prosecutor will be less likely to offer deal once trials have begun. Or perhaps, a prosecutor has offered a deal to one defendant IF he testifies against the others at their trials. In that case, the prosecutor will typically elect to try that defendant-turned-witness, last, to ensure that they cooperate.
Hope that helps."

Thank you so very much, @PrairieWind :):):)

ETA: This is all JMO from PrairieWind.

I'm correcting my post above with the information from this link:

Supreme Court orders release of full autopsies from Pike County murders

Christopher Rhoden, Sr. had multiple gunshot wounds to his head, torso, and right forearm. The autopsy also notes Christopher Rhoden, Sr. had "stippling" in the head, from a previous shot that came through the door.

Back on the day the reports were released, MittenScarpetta had commented that CR1 must have been shot through the back bedroom door. Had he been shot through the front door, BJM would have noticed the hole in the door when she came to the trailer the next morning.

So he was in the back bedroom with his head near the door when he was shot through the door from the other side. The killers (JW, possibly BW or others) then broke through the door and shot him multiple times in the torso and extremities, including a defensive wound in the forearm.

JMO

I'm correcting my post above with the information from this link:

Supreme Court orders release of full autopsies from Pike County murders

Back on the day the reports were released, MittenScarpetta had commented that CR1 must have been shot through the back bedroom door. Had he been shot through the front door, BJM would have noticed the hole in the door when she came to the trailer the next morning.

So he was in the back bedroom with his head near the door when he was shot through the door from the other side. The killers (JW, possibly BW or others) then broke through the door and shot him multiple times in the torso and extremities, including a defensive wound in the forearm.

JMO

I don't know if I agree with you or not.

I am not sure that he would have stippling if he had been shot thru a bedroom door.

I believe that a small gun with a suppressor leaves a very small hole (but a lot of damage). The holes are so small per the website that I was on that humans don't even realize they are GSW. They almost described that silencers change everything.

The police said that CR saw them coming. Maybe the front person (could be AW) didn't have the gun and it was the person behind them that shot him first.

I also don't think that I would hunker down or hide behind a bedroom door if someone was shooting at me. I would be jumping thru a window or anything but behind a door.

I have been looking over the indictments and I 'thought' that they were charged with moving both bodies but I can't find it now.

All of that blood in the living room?

Do you think those indictment charges are laid out in the order that they believe they were killed? If so, KR, GR and CR were the first 3.

JMO

I need a coroner to help me and/or gun experts. :confused::)

I am not sure that he would have stippling if he had been shot thru a bedroom door.

I believe that a small gun with a suppressor leaves a very small hole (but a lot of damage). The holes are so small per the website that I was on that humans don't even realize they are GSW. They almost described that silencers change everything.

The police said that CR saw them coming. Maybe the front person (could be AW) didn't have the gun and it was the person behind them that shot him first.

I also don't think that I would hunker down or hide behind a bedroom door if someone was shooting at me. I would be jumping thru a window or anything but behind a door.

I have been looking over the indictments and I 'thought' that they were charged with moving both bodies but I can't find it now.

Do you think those indictment charges are laid out in the order that they believe they were killed? If so, KR, GR and CR were the first 3.

JMO

These are the parts I can hardly take. So I cannot imagine the pain the families of the victims have been and still are going through. Damn the coward killers to the slowest hell imaginable. J MO

JMO

What do you think they used the sling shot for???

JMO

Thanks, that's interesting, esp about the silencers. There are some members who post here who do understand guns and silencers better than I. Maybe they will come by.

The mention of moving of bodies in an indictment sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Will have to check those tomorrow.

As for stippling, I recall we had some discussion here about whether wood fragments/debris from the door could have been in the stippling.

Some also speculated about CR1 being in the bedroom behind the door because
1. He was in the bedroom getting something the killer/s had requested. Maybe retrieving MJ or money from a hidden place

2. He ran into the bedroom to retrieve his gun.

Last edited:
Thanks, that's interesting, esp about the silencers. There are some members who post here who do understand guns and silencers better than I. Maybe they will come by.

The mention of moving of bodies in an indictment sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Will have to check those tomorrow.

As for stippling, I recall we had some discussion here about whether wood fragments/debris from the door could have been in the stippling.

Some also speculated about CR1 being in the bedroom behind the door because
1. He was in the bedroom getting something the killer/s had requested. Maybe retrieving MJ or money from a hidden place

2. He ran into the bedroom to retrieve his gun.
I thought the stippling is from a very close shot. The wood fragments were different shots. He did have defensive wounds. He was definitely awake at some point.
This is how I've understood what we know of his killing. So to the best of my knowledge.

JMO

BBM
I do not believe that the indictments are listed in the order they were killed. Just in the way they were found together besides KR. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann