IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime Jan 2019 #5 Smollett indicted”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jussie Smollett lawyers: Even if actor faked attack, it was cops’ call to investigate it so vigorously

Jussie Smollett lawyers: Even if actor faked attack, it was cops’ call to investigate it so vigorously

Interesting. I wonder if JS thought that exact scenario. He thought he could use this for decades, on talk shows, that the police do not care about...insert JS "narrative" here...it would have been his "platform" forever. How JS was beaten, how he had to fight back, cursed...

The problem here, is that the Chicago PD did investigate, really this is so political, how could they not? They did find the perpetrators, and now, they are obviously "racist and homophobic" for doing an investigation? Geez, they can't win!

Wow, well thats an argument I haven't heard before! LOL. I do think that Jussie really thought they wouldn't investigate it that well because he thought the tracks were pretty well covered. However, in this case, his story was so weird and off, that I am sure the Chicago PD suspected immediately that it was made up. Then the media coverage of the story meant that they HAD to investigate it aggressively. So while Jussie literally placed a noose around his own neck, he also did it figuratively. He didn't really want an investigation, just a story. But he handled is so badly that he ensured that there would be a thorough investigation. And the truth has a funny way of coming out when you turn over enough stones.

I wonder if JS thought that exact scenario. He thought he could use this for decades, on talk shows, that the police do not care about...insert JS "narrative" here...it would have been his "platform" forever. How JS was beaten, how he had to fight back, cursed...

I think thats exactly what he planned, he would have milked this for all it was worth, he would have inserted himself into every tragedy going forward, he would have raged against the CPD not doing enough to find his attacker. I even reckon he would have run for political office at some point.

Its like someone coming into you house, deliberately breaking an expensive vase and then refusing to pay because they could buy you a cheap vase for $5 in ikea.

There was actually someone arrested in Chicago this week for using nooses to commit a hate crime https://www.washingtonpost.com/educ...-illinois-elevator-student-has-been-arrested/

I think thats exactly what he planned, he would have milked this for all it was worth, he would have inserted himself into every tragedy going forward, he would have raged against the CPD not doing enough to find his attacker. I even reckon he would have run for political office at some point.

Its like someone coming into you house, deliberately breaking an expensive vase and then refusing to pay because they could buy you a cheap vase for $5 in ikea.

There was actually someone arrested in Chicago this week for using nooses to commit a hate crime https://www.washingtonpost.com/educ...-illinois-elevator-student-has-been-arrested/

I really continue to wonder why, if Smollett is as innocent as he proclaims to be, why he doesn't demand that the Nigerian brothers are not arrested for a hate crime against him?

Are Jussie Smollett And His Sister Shopping A Movie About Being Falsely Accused?

Hollywood siblings Jussie Smollett and Jurnee Smollett-Bell are allegedly shopping around a movie about a wrongfully accused brother and sister.

According to Love B Scott, a source exclusively told the site the pair is developing the film and is seeking directors to work on the project.

Based on the unidentified source’s tip, the new movie may be loosely based on Smollett’s hate crime and the allegations that his incident was made up.

Interesting. I wonder if JS thought that exact scenario. He thought he could use this for decades, on talk shows, that the police do not care about...insert JS "narrative" here...it would have been his "platform" forever. How JS was beaten, how he had to fight back, cursed...

The problem here, is that the Chicago PD did investigate, really this is so political, how could they not? They did find the perpetrators, and now, they are obviously "racist and homophobic" for doing an investigation? Geez, they can't win!
It is definitely LE’s job to investigate a crime and given the fact this was an alleged hate crime maybe it was more important in whatever way. The time, manpower and resources directed toward investigating this alleged crime was a waste of valuable resources in a high crime homicidal city where every single life matters. Every single life!

Shame on anyone who would divert the resources needed in a city of high crime that wasted every valuable resource available to LE and the public they honorably attempt to defend. Absolutely disgraceful IMO

This is the local paper which has more information. It's hysterical how he was caught.

"Pihera said a shopping plaza maintenance worker saw someone burglarizing the restaurant around 9:30 p.m. Wednesday and called police. Some officers were already in the area and spotted a black truck without a license plate on it. ...

Police pulled the truck over thinking it could be a possible burglary suspect. Coughman was driving.

"That's when they asked him about it, and he said he's the owner of the business," Pihera said.

When police searched the back of Coughman's truck, they found several flat-screen TVs that looked a little suspicious.

"The brackets were still attached and there was still drywall attached to the brackets, meaning, someone took them off very quickly," Pihera said.

When officers went inside the restaurant, they saw where TVs were probably ripped off the wall and they say racial slurs like "monkey" and the n-word -- as well as MAGA -- spray-painted everywhere.

Police said the paint was fresh and when they looked at Coughman's hands, they saw black spray paint.

"He had reported this incident to his insurance company prior to officers conducting that first pull-over," Pihera said. "He was attempting to leave that shopping center when our officers conducted that felony stop. Everything lined up for this perfect arrest."

Ex-NFL player accused of painting slurs on walls to fake hate crime at his business

Jussie Smollett furiously hits back after critics compare him to African-American schoolgirl who 'made-up' getting her dreadlocks chopped off by three white classmates

Jussie Smollett hits back at comparison to black schoolgirl who 'made-up' getting dreadlocks cut off | Daily Mail Online

What she did was wrong but at least she admitted that she lied when she was caught out rather than doubling down like Jussie

I do wonder if hes lied so much now that hes convinced himself it actually happened?

Special prosecutor in Jussie Smollett case gave Kim Foxx's campaign $1,000 | Daily Mail Online

• Dan K. Webb is in charge of investigating Kim Foxx's handling of the Jussie Smollett case
  • On Monday, he admitted co-hosting a 2016 election party for her in Chicago
  • He also wrote her a $1,000 check from his personal account
  • Webb claimed when he was appointed to the case that he'd never met Foxx
  • He disclosed the party and donation he made in a court filing on Monday
  • It remains unclear how Judge Michael Toomin will respond to the revelation

What she did was wrong but at least she admitted that she lied when she was caught out rather than doubling down like Jussie

I do wonder if hes lied so much now that hes convinced himself it actually happened?

That could be possible. Especially if people around him "buy" the story, and don't confront him or press him for the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member