Found Deceased CA - Erin Valenti, 33, from Utah, en-route from Palo Alto to San Jose, 7 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find wedding pictures by doing a little sleuthing. Not that it’s relevant, but it appears they were married in November 2012. Beautiful bride and beautiful wedding! I hope valuable time is not being lost in the search for this spunky and quirky (in an awesome way) woman.

I don't know what kind of phone Erin or her husband has, but I can ping my husband's phone and visa versa (we have iPhone's) but we can't see each others' calls or texts.

Her social media having no mention or photos of her husband is somehow troubling to me. I don't really know what to make of it.
The picture of her alone on Valentine's day ... me neither. May be nothing, my hubby isn't on social media, so I rarely post pics of us together unless we are at an event, or on vacay. Twenty-nine years of bliss though :D

The picture of her alone on Valentine's day ... me neither. May be nothing, my hubby isn't on social media, so I rarely post pics of us together unless we are at an event, or on vacay. Twenty-nine years of bliss though :D
My parents have been married for 35 years and I think my mom has posted a picture of her and my dad on social media maybe twice ever. It’s really not uncommon if the spouse isn’t on social media or travels for work often.

Her FB page is interesting... she never mentions hubby nor are there any pics of him/them. July 4th post is sad and may be telling in her disappearance. As for car wreck ... unless she drove south on 101 towards Gilroy or took 17 ( treacherous road ) towards Santa Cruz it’d be hard to wreck without anyone noticing.

Husband is able to ping her phone. So does that mean he can also see all her calls and text messages previous to her phone being shut off?

I saw she is going to make a film about her business, hence her visit to Laguna Beach earlier this month. Also the business award she missed this week in Utah. Erin has a lot of seemingly great things going on in her life. I guess that doesn't mean she couldn't be troubled or stressed. But like 3blue1pink said, she is up and down on her social media, maybe this should be given some weight? She also has no pictures or mentions of her husband that I can find.

You’re right that she doesn’t mention the husband a lot but he is in some pics on FB and IG.

Last edited:
Erin Valenti's family and friends are now in the Bay Area trying to unravel the mystery and find her. She was last seen in Palo Alto, but her family believes based on her phone activity Valenti may have been driving in San Jose.

Valenti's family and friends on Friday walked around the San Jose neighborhood with flier to see if any neighbors might have seen her.

The 33-year-old Valenti is the CEO of Tinker Ventures. Her family says she was in the Bay Area for conferences and to meet up with friends. Family said Valenti failed to make her flight home from San Jose and that in their last conversation she sounded confused, disjointed and was not acting like herself.

Family Searching for Utah Woman Reported Missing in Bay Area

Family circulating posters where EV was last believed to be seen or her electronic footprint known is the best thing her family can do at this time to keep focus and attention on EV --their missing wife, sister, friend.

It's just as important for family to be honest with the public-- that EV was allegedly not acting like herself when she went missing or off the grid. People will know to look for a disoriented person, or one that appears to need help.

Also, although EV's phone may be turned off, and not emitting any signal of her location, it's possible that the rental vehicle is equipped with gps sensor, and LE working to locate that gray Nissan. There's probably much work going on behind the scenes by LE.

Family also need to get in front of the camera and make an appeal for EV to call or make contact with anybody she trusts, that can contact LE and her family and to notify them that she is OK.

All the above will provide a better chance that their collective efforts will lead to information or evidence for LE to upgrade EV's disappearance to involuntary and eligible for more resources expended to locate EV. MOO

Also from the link supplied:

The 33-year-old Valenti is the CEO of Tinker Ventures. Her family says she was in the Bay Area for conferences and to meet up with friends.

Family said Valenti failed to make her flight home from San Jose and that in their last conversation she sounded confused, disjointed and was not acting like herself.

It’s only 15 miles from Palo Alto to SJ . No weird traffic turns pretty much a straight shot south . Though with traffic you’re talking an hour at rush hour . INMO that makes getting lost pretty much a zero possibility.

ITA. With the density of the area, there should be an accurate cell ping. Down to the exact street. And there should be a GPS device on the rental.

My parents have been married for 35 years and I think my mom has posted a picture of her and my dad on social media maybe twice ever. It’s really not uncommon if the spouse isn’t on social media or travels for work often.

I agree. And honoring WS TOS not to sleuth family - it's very much possible EV's husband's profession or occupation may be a factor in limiting his presence on SM. (I've never had a FB account, and don't expect to have one-- if ever, until career change or retirement. MOO

I agree. And honoring WS TOS not to sleuth family - it's very much possible EV's husband's profession or occupation may be a factor in limiting his presence on SM. (I've never had a FB account, and don't expect to have one-- if ever, until career change or retirement. MOO

100% this!!

This was my thought too, was actually in the process of typing a very similar post. Was just trying to find a way to phrase it but still stay within TOS.

Family circulating posters where EV was last believed to be seen or her electronic footprint known is the best thing her family can do at this time to keep focus and attention on EV --their missing wife, sister, friend.

It's just as important for family to be honest with the public-- that EV was allegedly not acting like herself when she went missing or off the grid. People will know to look for a disoriented person, or one that appears to need help.

Also, although EV's phone may be turned off, and not emitting any signal of her location, it's possible that the rental vehicle is equipped with gps sensor, and LE working to locate that gray Nissan. There's probably much work going on behind the scenes by LE.

Family also need to get in front of the camera and make an appeal for EV to call or make contact with anybody she trusts, that can contact LE and her family and to notify them that she is OK.

All the above will provide a better chance that their collective efforts will lead to information or evidence for LE to upgrade EV's disappearance to involuntary and eligible for more resources expended to locate EV. MOO

Also from the link supplied:

The 33-year-old Valenti is the CEO of Tinker Ventures. Her family says she was in the Bay Area for conferences and to meet up with friends.

Family said Valenti failed to make her flight home from San Jose and that in their last conversation she sounded confused, disjointed and was not acting like herself.
This (the bolded) definitely changes things. I wish we knew this in the beginning.

If she was confused it's easier to understand that she wound up (if she did) past the airport.

But, why did her phone go silent? MOO
Yes, she's wearing a wedding ring.
Thank you. I hope to take look at her SM shortly. I asked because it has been mentioned that she seems to have some highs and lows, few photos of her husband, etc. I don't consider the latter to be that unusual. MOO

Last edited:
It’s only 15 miles from Palo Alto to SJ . No weird traffic turns pretty much a straight shot south . Though with traffic you’re talking an hour at rush hour . INMO that makes getting lost pretty much a zero possibility.

People who are distracted can make a wrong turn and then try to double back. They can miss their offramp. Happens all the time.

Surface streets near the airport see quite a bit of police activity (mostly minor assaults, some robberies).

But unless she somehow transferred her phone to someone after talking to her husband, her phone was in the car with her and the phone ended up near Almaden and Camden, quite a bit south of the airport. Either someone hijacked her car once she got off on the proper offramp or she came down the 280, thinking she remembered the directions, wasn't using GPS, and ended up somewhere she didn't plan to be.

Almaden Expressway branches off the 280 before it gets to the 101, and then runs parallel to the 101, so she would have had to head north (again) on the Almaden Expressway to get back to the airport. I think her GPS would have told her to head north on the 101, though.

I'm pleased that it seems LE has gotten her cell records and can plot out her drive. I just wish they'd be more specific about the route.

I'm guessing her first misstep may have involved surface streets, as well. Maybe went around the wrong block? Opportunistic crime? Is it confirmed she stopped at an ATM?

Well, based on the logic used in the missing person's case, I'd expect them to tell the rental car agency that there's no evidence she stole it. ;) MOO

On the other hand, if EV is in fact voluntarily taking a break, by her own choice, reporting the vehicle as stolen could result in criminal charges against her, that could only add to what may already be a stressful situation for this young woman.

I think they have better options here.

MOO

People who are distracted can make a wrong turn and then try to double back. They can miss their offramp. Happens all the time.

Surface streets near the airport see quite a bit of police activity (mostly minor assaults, some robberies).

But unless she somehow transferred her phone to someone after talking to her husband, her phone was in the car with her and the phone ended up near Almaden and Camden, quite a bit south of the airport. Either someone hijacked her car once she got off on the proper offramp or she came down the 280, thinking she remembered the directions, wasn't using GPS, and ended up somewhere she didn't plan to be.

Almaden Expressway branches off the 280 before it gets to the 101, and then runs parallel to the 101, so she would have had to head north (again) on the Almaden Expressway to get back to the airport. I think her GPS would have told her to head north on the 101, though.

I'm pleased that it seems LE has gotten her cell records and can plot out her drive. I just wish they'd be more specific about the route.

I'm guessing her first misstep may have involved surface streets, as well. Maybe went around the wrong block? Opportunistic crime? Is it confirmed she stopped at an ATM?

There's been noting reported at this time about her banking/credit card activity.

However, he last contact with her family was not considered normal by the family that knows her best.

^^bbm

Additionally, some persons with professionally oriented pages and an interest in privacy may not want to post about their personal life. (I haven’t reviewed her SM in detail, just saying if it is possibly more work related, etc..again just speaking generally.)

Last edited:
At the 1:37 mark in this video, her husband says she was trying to figure out where she was. :(

Family Searching for Utah Woman Reported Missing in Bay Area

So, she was more than just distracted, she was confused. And she didn't know where she was.

She overshot the airport, but what then? If her last known location is Camden/Almaden Expressway, she was right at or near the Almaden Mall, a nice (not crime ridden) shopping center. Lots of businesses, gas stations, etc., etc.

"Confused" is very concerning. She should be listed as missing and vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa