PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super happy to here they were organ donors!! What a beautiful gift they’ve given to others in the face of such tragedy.

On the 9th birthday he didn’t live to see, Conner Snyder is remembered with balloons by Kempton community
More at the link:

In the crowd was 17-year-old Owen Snyder, left to grieve for his little brother and sister. Not there was the children’s mother, Lisa Snyder, who made the 911 call at 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 23 that brought state police to the unimaginable scene.

Owen declined to talk to a reporter, as did others. The event wasn’t announced or advertised, but reserved for those closest to the children: family members, friends and teachers.

State police are investigating the deaths.
On a table, framed photos of the kids being kids were on display — Conner and Brinley in school, at a pool, on a playground. Along with the photos was artwork from Conner, a painting of flowers in a vase. Bookending the painting were two organ donation certificates, recognizing the gift each of the children gave in passing.

“Through the compassionate decision to help others through organ, tissue or cornea donation,” the certificates read, Conner and Brinley have “provided hope to the men, women and children who are in need of a life saving or life enhancing transplant.”

Super happy to here they were organ donors!! What a beautiful gift they’ve given to others in the face of such tragedy.

On the 9th birthday he didn’t live to see, Conner Snyder is remembered with balloons by Kempton community
More at the link:

In the crowd was 17-year-old Owen Snyder, left to grieve for his little brother and sister. Not there was the children’s mother, Lisa Snyder, who made the 911 call at 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 23 that brought state police to the unimaginable scene.

Owen declined to talk to a reporter, as did others. The event wasn’t announced or advertised, but reserved for those closest to the children: family members, friends and teachers.

State police are investigating the deaths.
On a table, framed photos of the kids being kids were on display — Conner and Brinley in school, at a pool, on a playground. Along with the photos was artwork from Conner, a painting of flowers in a vase. Bookending the painting were two organ donation certificates, recognizing the gift each of the children gave in passing.

“Through the compassionate decision to help others through organ, tissue or cornea donation,” the certificates read, Conner and Brinley have “provided hope to the men, women and children who are in need of a life saving or life enhancing transplant.”
So Beautiful,and sad. Happy Birthday Conner Rest in Peace.

Interesting: mom has changed her name on FB by typing it backwards. Maybe she's been receiving harassing messages?

I'm sure she has been. Most families do in these cases.
However, family members you'd think would be connected to Mom online.... are not.
So maybe there's more to it and she's losing support for a good reason.

AJ Freund keeps coming to mind here... and his mother and her family relationships. I'm wondering if this might not be similar.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I don't think the big brother did this. Maybe I'm biased or refusing to look at it, I don't know. But I'm not feeling he's responsible at all.

I'm really scratching my head here after the comment about the weight and size of the dog being a part of the investigation. Anyone here with a theory?

I can't come up with anything that actually makes sense, no.
It crossed my mind that maybe somehow the dog was used to equal the weight on Brinley's side.... but that made no sense either.

My first thought on this thread is that this was a method of punishment for the children. Maybe they were forced to stand on these chairs with the fear of falling to a death by hanging until the punisher decided to let them down. This is still my thought. I just can't see where the children would be able to hang themselves with the lead thrown over a ceiling beam. JMO

I think this is probably the most likely... though extremely disturbing... possibility.

I also wondered how long the line was... because there is a high probability it would have needed to be wrapped around several times, just because of it's length alone.

Then again I don't know how big the ceiling beams were or anything like that. Maybe they used a short line for the dog... mine has a 50 foot one because he loves to run. They do come much shorter, so who knows.

>>If it turns out to have been a lead better suited to a much bigger dog then I guess it could open the door to questions...like, if the dog was only 50 lbs, why would the family have purchased a lead that could restrain a dog that weighed 100 lbs.<<

Not as unlikely as you think. Our beagle's tie out broke. My husband went to the store and didn't pay attention to the weight and got one for a larger dog. I would guess that happens a lot. Someone wouldn't buy one for a small dog if they had a medium sized one but it wouldn't matter if they got one for a larger dog when they had a medium sized dog.

Yeah I don't think anything could be read into the size of the line. I have two 40-50 pound Beagle mixes. One is lazy. The other is NOT. He also LOVES to be outside. His line has broken more than once. So the last time I got the biggest line they have. It's for like a 150 pound dog. But when he goes running and hits the end of that line.... at least this line has lasted longer than a month.

I've seen various descriptors for what they were hung with, so I don't think we know for sure if it was an actual chain or a tie out.

An actual chain like on swings from a swing set I would find even harder to believe. Just because it would be so much more difficult to attach. With a tie out you just clip it to itself and can easily make a noose. This is how we attach it to the tree trunk we hook the dog to.

This is what I have been picturing used in this case:

Forever Pals Heavy Duty Tie-Out Cable, 20 Ft.

This is a plastic coated chain which is one description I've seen too:

https://www.amazon.com/Greenfield-2116-R-Coated-Anchor-Chain/dp/B0000E6DXK?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

I've been following here for updates. The death of these children and the circumstances do not make any sense.
Like everyone, I am not sure what the true size of the dog would have to do with any of it. I've just questioned if there really was a dog.

The news reports make it sound as if the children were influenced by something they saw on the Xbox and that feels pretty unlikely.

The mom sounds very involved in on line influences herself with 3 phones.

What tragedy for these children and community who cared for them.
The donation of some useful organs is absolutely beautiful but heartbreaking as well as a memorial on the boys birthday.
I hope there is a quick resolution to what happened and justice for these children.

There is a new post on mom's FB page, calling the children heroes due to their organ donation. Brinley's heart was given to a young boy, her liver to a woman in her 20s, and her kidneys to a woman in her 60s and a woman in her 70s. Conner's liver was given to a teenage girl, kidneys to a man in his 60s and a man in his 30s. His heart valves may be used to correct ventricular dysfunction in children and adults.

There is a new post on mom's FB page, calling the children heroes due to their organ donation. Brinley's heart was given to a young boy, her liver to a woman in her 20s, and her kidneys to a woman in her 60s and a woman in her 70s. Conner's liver was given to a teenage girl, kidneys to a man in his 60s and a man in his 30s. His heart valves may be used to correct ventricular dysfunction in children and adults.

Wow, that's amazing. I never would have imagined that a child's organs could be so useful to a much older adult. I guess organ donation/transplants have been perfected over the years.

I do wonder, however, if donating organs prior to an autopsy could make the determination of cause/manner of death more difficult? IMO

Wow, that's amazing. I never would have imagined that a child's organs could be so useful to a much older adult. I guess organ donation/transplants have been perfected over the years.

I do wonder, however, if donating organs prior to an autopsy could make the determination of cause/manner of death more difficult? IMO
I think the organs have to go thru so much testing prior to transplant that if anything odd was there, they’d see it.

Someone mentioned that they may have been being punished by standing on the chairs with the lead around their necks… Maybe the dog knocked the chairs over, jumping up or something?This sounds like a possibility to me…

Someone mentioned that they may have been being punished by standing on the chairs with the lead around their necks… Maybe the dog knocked the chairs over, jumping up or something?This sounds like a possibility to me…
I think that's a possibility. I'd like to know who was in the house when all this went down. Supposedly the brother was at work. Where was mom? Did she work? If so, what time did she get home? She called 911 at 4:30. Did Brinley attend pre-kindergarten? If so, was it half day or all day? Did she have a babysitter, etc.? I certainly don't think a stranger did this. What exactly happened?

The only thing I can come up with on the Xbox, is someone in chat encouraging a suicide. That's all I got.

Poor kids.
I think someone could encourage a suicide. It happens. But, how could the kids have accomplished it? They were hanging a few feet apart. Could Conner pull it off? He would have to...

1. Carry two chairs downstairs

2. Convince Brinley to stand on one of the chairs and have a chain wrapped around her neck.

3. Throw the chain over a/the rafter(s).

4. Put the chain around his neck and account for weight distribution.

Does a very-soon-to-be nine year old really understand what death is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther