AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

It may be the norm for Dulce's mom. Maybe she's taken them to the park so many times before without anything happening, it never occurred to her it could be dangerous. Not excusing or accusing..hindsight is usually 20/20. Seems not so in this case though.

Ironically, one of the recent MSM articles, about Sunday's search, posted a picture of a sign by the playground stating "Adult/Parental Supervision is Recommended" accompanied by a warning list for use of the playground equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad when you have to tell parents or caregivers to watch their kids. It should be a no-brainer. But, I've noticed some parents' idea of watching their kids isn't defined as having their eyes on them, only being present. Maybe the word watch, as it applies to childcare, needs to be spelled out more clearly for some.
This is not pointing a finger at anyone in particular, this type of supervision is rampant in my family. My mom was the worst culprit. It's a miracle we made it to adulthood with the amount of supervision we had as small children.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I can understand why she would say no.
She has already been criticized and accused by the community for every word she says.
On the second day after Dulce went missing, one of the people helping to search offered her a slice of pizza because she had not eaten in 36 hours.
Someone screamed at her and cursed at her for daring to eat while her child is missing.
I'm sure she wishes she had done things differently, but I think it was a smart move not to list all those things and be subject to more scrutiny.
She is carrying around enough guilt as it is. How does it help now to point out all the things she should have done?

It's too bad instead if criticizing the family, the community did not help her get the word out to the media and search for her instead of blaming her. The focus should be on finding the child and the anger should be directed towards the perpetrator.

And yes, she is probably riddled with guilt and sleepless nights wondering and wishing she could have done things differently.

It was insensitive for the interviewer to even ask her that question. It's only been a month. All it does is give people another reason to criticize her.

Dulce may never be found and is most likely deceased. How someone could ask her if she can think of anything she would have done differently at this point is beyond me.

Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
We are more than a month in. Why isn’t LE issuing a statement for all parents to use extreme caution while out at least in the tri-county area as they have a child predator on the loose? Where is the urgency and concern?

Additionally, we have a child advocate quoted in news articles further back in feeds stating that mom sat in the car the Friday prior while the children got out and played. I think we can all agree that children are quicker than the wind and can disappear in seconds and that even the most attentive parents can loose a child, but we have established a pattern here.

MOO If I changed my child’s clothing from school clothes/uniform into play clothes - I would definitely remember what he/she had on. Plus not having custody - I probably would have been thrilled to see my child and taking pics. But that’s JMO

It was probably insensitive for the interviewer to ask her if she wished she'd done anything differently.

Her answer was also probably insensitive to Dulce.

I'm assuming your child wasn't abducted?
Had he been, would you answer "no" if asked if you would do anything differently?
The "no" blows my mind.

I wouldn't have answered "no", I know what I would have done differently. No, my son wasn't abducted. He almost drowned.

We are more than a month in. Why isn’t LE issuing a statement for all parents to use extreme caution while out at least in the tri-county area as they have a child predator on the loose? Where is the urgency and concern?

BBM & shortened for focus:

But we don't know for sure that there is a child predator involved in this case who is on the loose at the moment, do we? Unless I've missed something, presently, no one really knows what happened to Dulce. I'm not sure it would be prudent for law enforcement to issue such a warning beyond the reminder someone placed in the park that all children should be supervised by a parent or adult.

I think she is being honest saying. 'no she would not do anything different' she may do things different now. But she cannot go back in time. She comes from a large extended family. My mom is from a large extended many family members lived on same street. My mom's closest relationship is with her older sister who was her caretaker. I at 6 took care of my younger brother..no baby sitters... My mom raised me the way she was raised.. But there was only 2 children and we moved country so no extended family..but still i was basicaly my little brothers mother. Dulces mom is not a bad women in any way. Moo

I think the lack of supervision is partly cultural I live in an apartment complex that is 90% Hispanic and the kids play outside by themselves all the time even very small ones with older siblings

I think some of you have lost sight of who is actually responsible for Dulce's abduction. Dulce's mom is a victim in this situation. She is little more than a child herself. She is 19, had her first child at 14, never completed high school, English is not her first language, her culture is wildly different from most, and she's in a very stressful situation at the moment. Picking apart every word she says is pointless, unless you think she's somehow masterminded Dulce's disappearance in that short half hour or so between the time of the store video and the incident being reported.

English is my first language, and while I do come from a Mexican family, Spanish was not spoken in my home as a child. I still use ground/floor, roof/ceiling, etc., interchangeably. If someone were to pick apart every word I said in any conversation, they would have a field day. I can only imagine the stupid things I'd say in a situation such as this. She's better off not speaking at all. And then you would criticize her because she wasn't speaking out. The girl can't win.

It is not just a hispanic way of raising children ...any culture that keeps their extended family close is the same. I am from UK but in days gone by it is just the way it was done. Very little if any supervision
You come home at dark that was the only rule...

It was probably insensitive for the interviewer to ask her if she wished she'd done anything differently.

Her answer was also probably insensitive to Dulce.
How was her answer insensitive to Dulce?
Why is it her responsibility to tell a reporter what she could have done differently? It was a stupid question.
Just by saying the word "no", is an indication that she is insensitive that she has lost her daughter, and is somehow disrespectful?

As far as I can tell, she and her family are the ONLY ones doing interviews and getting the word out to the media and keeping the story in the media. As the investigator in the recent article stated, this is crucial. Otherwise the public will give up and stop looking for her.

The family certainly deserves some credit for trying.

Imo

Last edited:

Additionally, we have a child advocate quoted in news articles further back in feeds stating that mom sat in the car the Friday prior while the children got out and played. I think we can all agree that children are quicker than the wind and can disappear in seconds and that even the most attentive parents can loose a child, but we have established a pattern here.
LE very rarely says that there is a child predator on the loose. Abductions often occur without any warning from LE that there is a dangerous criminal in the area.
Jayme Closs was abducted after her parents were brutally murdered and LE never warned people that there was a dangerous criminal on the loose.

Just recently, a child (Cupcake) was snatched right in front of the residence while she was playing and still, after 9 days, LE has not issued a warning to the public.

Imo

I would love to hear from a Bridgeton local that Dulce’s name is still on everyone’s lips there. From news reports, I’m not seeing it otherwise. Between this case and another case, 2 tiny little girls are missing without much to go on, it seems. Yet one case is still big news and the passion to find her is overwhelming. I think doors would be kicked in and the gates of heaven stormed to find that baby, if need be. Please tell me the local discussion over Dulce is just as determined. I’m afraid rumors have really hampered the public’s perception here to the point they don’t think searching is going to reveal anything. I hate this!

I think the lack of supervision is partly cultural I live in an apartment complex that is 90% Hispanic and the kids play outside by themselves all the time even very small ones with older siblings
Yes, this is common among all cultures, and lack of supervision has nothing to do with the investigation.

It is the fact that a child was abducted and LE does not seem to have any significant leads to find this person or to find Dulce that matters.

It's not like they are going to say, well, the mother wasn't watching her daughter, so that's not helping us to find her, but we are doing our best to find the person who abducted her.

The focus is on who took the child and why, and any evidence they can find to put the pieces together to solve the case and find Dulce.

Imo

I would love to hear from a Bridgeton local that Dulce’s name is still on everyone’s lips there. From news reports, I’m not seeing it otherwise. Between this case and another case, 2 tiny little girls are missing without much to go on, it seems. Yet one case is still big news and the passion to find her is overwhelming. I think doors would be kicked in and the gates of heaven stormed to find that baby, if need be. Please tell me the local discussion over Dulce is just as determined. I’m afraid rumors have really hampered the public’s perception here to the point they don’t think searching is going to reveal anything. I hate this!
I subbed at a nearby high school just today, and a group of 11th/12th grade students were discussing Dulce. I, of course, asked them what their thoughts were, and they could only speculate..nothing concrete. But, they are still interested in her case and hopeful for resolution and, I'll give them credit for caring.

MOO If I changed my child’s clothing from school clothes/uniform into play clothes - I would definitely remember what he/she had on. Plus not having custody - I probably would have been thrilled to see my child and taking pics. But that’s JMO
We don't know if she changed clothes.
What one person does may not be what another person does.
Again, this has no relevance to the case. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member