Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCT 22, 2019
“The search for your child will continue.”
[...]

Bob Lowery, the VP for the Missing Children Division at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Washington, D.C. said Tuesday he knows the family, his agency, and area law enforcement officers aren’t giving up in the search for 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney.

[...]

Lowery said a team member from the NCMEC was helping in Birmingham with the search for at least five days.

Lowery went on to say there was not much to do on site, but his crews are ready to re-deploy at a moment’s notice to help in the search.

[...]

Lowery said stranger abductions are rare, but it is important in cases like this to remain positive about the outcomes.

[...]

There are some cases where I go back and forth a lot between various options. An example would be the killer of Abby and Libby.

In this case specifically I’ve pretty much had the same thoughts and feel of the case from Day 1, which is something related to CP.

I would say it’s certainly normal to have varying options which are subject to change by the minute, moo.
Yep same here. In this case, my opinion has been MOSTLY the same with the others dipping in and out from day to day :/

Has anyone found an early Oct 12 FB live video from Carole Robertson WVTM 13 News? In Fred's video she says in the background she was on the scene before either of the two male anchors and her viewers did not think her clothing was appropriate for the report and viewers were also mad at her for saying "projects". Did she delete her Live video or is it still up? TIA!

I think it’s great that this case is still in the spotlight. Kristen Bell even posted the info on her IG so that’s awesome to have a celebrity getting the word out. I will keep thinking positively even though my gut is worried.

So stranger abductions are rare according to the VP of the NCMEC? Hmmm, as someone mentioned up thread though as so many missing people aren’t located, the true figure will never be truly known.

I stand by what I have felt since day one as you also stated maragarita25 - can’t see me changing my mind on this one. Stranger things have happened though.

So stranger abductions are rare according to the VP of the missing children assoc? Hmmm, as someone mentioned up thread though as so many missing people aren’t located, the true figure will never be truly known.

I stand by what I have felt since day one as you also stated maragarita25 - can’t see me changing my mind on this one. Stranger things have happened though.
I wonder about those statistics also...

Wow! I wonder if police actually said this? The limp???

That’s HUGE if so?

from the article Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s family 'hurting, impatient’ as search reaches day 10
@PommyMommy linked in quote.

“Police said the man with the limp is a suspect in the case. They have not said whether they have identified or located him. They asked that the other man in the video come forward as a witness in the case.“

I have never heard the Police say the word “limp”. I think this is maybe some reporters’ interpretations which have grown legs of their own, moo.

I wonder about those statistics also...

Given he is in the know surely he can’t use the word ‘rare’ sparingly, I would imagine some truth must be in that. IMO MOO

Of course rare doesn’t mean NEVER EVER, EVER..it just means the alternative scenarios are more likely IMO

Waffling, sorry. I know some people really don’t agree with this so really not wanting an argument. Lol

Reposting these video summaries for discussion (Quoting in the order in which the videos were made instead of the order I summarized them):

FRED's Live Video from Oct 12, 2019

My summary/observations/opinions:

Fred Davenport with WVTM 13 News says "We're already off the air, it's Saturday night live" as he shows a police car parked at Tom Brown Village. We briefly see a glimpse of the other reporter there, Chip Scarborough, walking out of camera view and looking down at his phone. (They seem to be standing in the area that was later taped off with crime scene tape. MOO.).

FD says he wants to get out a "pretty serious story", typically we wouldn't hear from him on Saturday but he stopped what he was doing to get the info out. There is a young girl missing. He holds up a phone with KM's picture and says her name and that she is missing from Tom Brown Village, it's considered North Avondale, 41st street is the closest street. He asks people to screenshot and share that she is missing from Birmingham. Birmingham police are there investigating.

FD says he was talking with his coworker CS who has been there along with Adam (no last name) getting info. There was a birthday party that took place there. FD says that the parents or supervisors of the child stepped away at some point and a "black SUV" approached. A man inside that SUV had taken the child. An 11 year boy actually witnessed the incident and reported it. So now they are still looking for the girl. He repeats KM's name and says she goes by "Cupcake". He says there is no tag number for the SUV at this time. They are waiting on BPD to release all the details to find out if the vehicle description is accurate. We hear a woman talking to FD and telling him that the vehicle is Black or Dark blue with a Brown bumper. FD says it's a Toyota Forerunner, Black or Blue with a brown bumper that protrudes or sticks out, the bumper could be damaged. FD says the info is from Carol Robertson standing next to him.

About 3:50 minutes in he says KM has been missing "Since eight tonight". (This is the earliest time I have seen reported and probably accurate based on the video LE later released of the kids playing. For some reason most other reports said 8:30. Perhaps 8:30 is when the reporters first arrived on scene? MOO.)

People are asking the reporter why no Amber Alert. He says it doesn't come out automatically, it has to go through several levels but he was told they are working on an Amber Alert, it is underway. He shows KM's photo again, repeating she is missing from Tom Brown Village and adds that TBV is in North Avondale near Kingston. He tells the viewers how to screenshot the image to share.

FD says multiple BPD officiers are there working the case. He pans and we see two police cars there. On the road between the 2 police cars there are circular skid marks (not sure if it's related/relevant). FD says a lot of people who live in the housing complex are out there. He repeats the story about there being a birthday party, the parents stepping away from the child for a few moments, and the vehicle description. A man grabbed the child and all of it was witnessed by an 11 year old boy.

FD asks someone nearby if there are any more details on the car to share. We hear the additional detail that the bumper was described as "Peanut Butter Brown". FD moves over to tell CS the vehicle details he got from the officer. CS says he is standing by to do a "TV cut in". FD comes back to talk to the FB live and says "the car has rims on it. Possibly a Forerunner. It's a Toyota, Black or Blue but it has a front bumper on it that is brown in color. If you see that vehicle call 911. The child may be in that car. The child is considered in danger."

FD shows the photo of KM again. He is not sure if the photo was taken that day (It was. MOO.) because it is cold outside today. He tells us she goes by "Cupcake" and she is three.

We hear a woman laughing loudly somewhere there. He repeats that an AA is underway. Your phones should go off once the AA is approved to be sent out to the public. We see a police officer getting something out of a parked police car and there is more hysterical laughing from a woman. (It seems to me that people are going about their business on a Saturday night having fun and not everyone out there is looking for KM or aware of the situation yet. MOO.)

The comments ask FD what the scene is like and he says it's calm, there are multiple officers there but there is no blocked off area, no checkpoints to get to the scene. FD had been told before he got there there had been some issues with crowd control or people upset, understandably so since a 3 year old is missing. (We don't see very many people in the video. FD is maintaining a far distance from the people outside and focusing on the police cars. MOO.)

About 13:20 in FD reads the AA guidelines. We hear a sound and he says his station just sent out an alert which will go to a lot of phones. AA Guidelines: LE must confirm that an abduction has taken place. The child must be at risk of serious injury or death. There must be a sufficient descriptive info about the captor or captor's vehicle. The child must be a minor, under 18. FD says that with social media we can really get out info about the child missing.

He shows the photo of KM again and says they can screenshot it or they can go to the news stations page and they just pushed out the story that can be shared. He repeats vehicle info and says call 911 if anyone sees the vehicle.

People are asking FD via comments why hasn't the AA come out yet and he says they are making sure they get all that info and that it is correct that the AA info has to be correct the first time it goes out. Y'all have to be patient. For now just share what we have put out to the public.

FD mentions again that the vehicle has rims on it, black or blue with brown bumper and rims. There was a birthday party, a man got out of the vehicle and grabbed the girl. An 11 year old boy witnessed this all unfold. The reporter does not know which direction the vehicle was heading.

FD asks a police officer if they had a tag number. The reply is that as far as he knows there wasn't one. FD asks if there was a description of the captor. The answer is No.

About 22 minutes in FD talks to Carol about the many comments he is getting saying they had seen KM at McDonalds in Roebuck. She heard the baby was seen at Eastlake Park looking for her mom. (Seems they are getting many tips about children who look like KM. MOO.) FD tells his viewers that police have been notified about the McDonalds sighting.

There are at least 4 police cars on the scene that we can see. The reporters discuss quietly in the background if there is anything else to say. Female reporter (Carol?) is talking about how she has worn the same clothes all day, on every shot they have done and the commenters on live have noticed her clothing for some reason. People are also mad that she said "projects" and not apartments when she reported on it. She says something like "did you not know this is the Avondale ***** " (I can't hear the starred out words-- possibly she says "everyone calls it Avondale murder projects"? MOO). FD says loudly it's Tom Brown Village in Avondale. FD goes back to talking to his viewers and says he has seen the tips they are all talking about but nothing has been confirmed.

About 24 minutes in FD shows KM's photo again. We see a number of police officers walking around in the background and background noise seems to have increased with many more people milling around and talking. A police officer opens the trunk of his vehicle and closes it. FD says LE is about to put up tape "for crowd control". Carol in the background says they have been working on the AA for 30 minutes. FD asks if they have all the criteria met for an AA and she says yes.

FD says the PIO is working to get more info for the reporters to share with the public. Someone asks where the mother is and FD is not sure. Cars are being moved out the immediate area where FD is standing. The crowd of people talking to LE seems to be growing. FD says he doesn't know anything about the crowd behind him and they are talking about putting him on camera because it's an urgent matter. A police officer comes waving his or her arms to tell people to move back from the area. A woman (Carol?) asks if she needs to move her car. Another woman answers "if you don't want to get stuck in here..." FD asks where they want him and he moves to the sidewalk. He says he only has 20% left on his battery. Hopefully the AA will go out as soon as possible.

FD repeats the vehicle info one last time and asks Carol if she is leaving. FD walks down the sidewalk and says he has to head out but Chip is staying and a new live should be up for viewers to click on. FD has to be somewhere else in Birmingham. We see the yellow crime scene tape up now (last minute of the video). FD has to go under the tape to get out. Chip is going to take over getting the info out to the public. We hear Chip in the background starting his Live reporting.

FD signs off and says that if there is anything new they will have it. Chip is the one working the rest of tonight.

MOO.

Fred's Live (summarized above):
Chip's Live that followed:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHIP's Live Video from Oct 12, 2019

Interesting that the reporter repeats several times in the beginning that it is a "confirmed kidnapping" and not a custody dispute. He says an 11 year old boy witnessed a man drive up, get out of a dark SUV, pick up KM, put her into the SUV and drive away. The SUV was described as a dark Toyota with a "brown bumper" and that there is damage to the vehicle. He says possibly a Forerunner. (Which we now know turned out to be the wrong model-- it was a Sequoia).

(Since the reporter is describing the kidnapping in front of the taped off area, it seems that is likely where the vehicle drove up and the man grabbed KM. Can anyone add a square representing this taped area to our existing maps? It would be good to see where it is in relation to the camera and where the girls were playing).

He says both parents are on the scene and visibly shaken/upset. He can see KM's dad there. He says the parents had "stepped away for a few moments" when the kidnapping happened. (I don't think that has been reported anywhere else-- later sources made it seem like the parents were not there and that KM was in the care of a relative at the time she was kidnapped. The reporter may be mistaken. MOO).

This video was before the Amber Alert was sent out but the reporter says that they expect an AA soon because of it being a confirmed kidnapping. He says in the beginning of the video that this started about 8:30 PM or about 2 hours ago. So this video is CS reporting from around 10:30 PM to about 11:45 PM on Oct 12.

About 6 minutes in there is a big commotion in the background-- a woman is screaming something unintelligible. The reporter thinks the commotion means she was found. People are yelling something about McDonalds so the reporter asks if she was at McDonalds and which one, if it was the one by the hospital. We can see the Great Grandparents in the background talking to a LEO. A woman pounds her fist in her hand, waves her hand in the air and points-- she is obviously frustrated, but I can't tell what she is yelling or who she is gesturing to.

We see KM's brother standing with some other kids with blankets on their shoulders. The kids smile a bit and play around with each other, then suddenly they start looking sad and serious again. A woman starts yelling "Amber Alert...Amber Alert... No! Amber Alert!" The camera's not focused on the woman yelling so I don't know for sure who it is or who she is yelling at. (My impression is that they thought they found her but it was a false alarm and may have delayed the AA while police checked out the McDonald's tip. Then after that it seems family members were adamant that LE needed to send out the AA right away. MOO).

The reporter then explains that the people in the crowd had been yelling that KM was found at McDonald's but that turned out not to be true. She is still missing. As the reporter is saying this (About 10 minutes in) there is another commotion. The reporter zooms in on a crowd that includes many of KM's family members rushing towards the far side of the taped area and yelling at each other. Police officers break up the argument and separate people. We see KM's mom being pulled away from the crowd by another woman. About 15 minutes in we see KM's brother crying loudly as he is put in the back of a car to be taken from the scene. (Poor kid. It's hard to tell what is going on but it seems to be chaos and arguing within the family. So sad to see. MOO.)

About 32 minutes in a train is heard going by and blaring its horn loudly. (This surprised me. Will have to check a map to see where the train tracks are located).

The reporter comes back on the video around 50 minutes in and says this is officially an Amber Alert now. He repeats that this does not have to do with any custody issue and it is a kidnapping, which is scary. He says he has been on the scene since 10:15 PM to report on the case. LE put up the yellow crime scene tape about 45 minutes ago. He repeats the vehicle info. He says police are searching heavily in the complex and all over the city. He repeats for anyone to call 911 if they have seen KM and says it is almost midnight there. He signs off with about 12 minutes left of video that just shows KM's face and name for the rest of the time.

MOO.

I have to say, the FB Live reporting is very good. Our media here are not onto that yet - but what a wide and immediate audience it gets, as well as providing a sense of the gravity of the situation.

The FB live feature is good but it had me on tenterhooks on the live coverage of the apartment search. I thought she had been found about 3 times with the crowd screaming / shouting, my nerves were shot. I wonder if reporters will think twice about using it due to the mis-information it produces, total hysteria and no option to filter. IMO

There is also the possibility here which has already been mentioned, that PS is perhaps the lone perp. QF would of course still be held on her warrants, regardless of her potential involvement in this case. Perhaps she doesn’t know anything about this. Maybe the witness description is wrong about two individuals. If this is the case, then everything would make a lot more sense imo, as we would have a classic pedophile single abductor.

What references do we have on random abductions of three year olds specifically?

Given he is in the know surely he can’t use the word ‘rare’ sparingly, I would imagine some truth must be in that. IMO MOO

Of course rare doesn’t mean NEVER EVER, EVER..it just means the alternative scenarios are more likely IMO

Waffling, sorry. I know some people really don’t agree with this so really not wanting an argument. Lol
Nah I agree too LOL. I’m just wondering.. my GUESS as to why the non experts like me think it’s odd, is because the cases that get national media attention are usually the stranger abductions IMO

So I am just home from work trying to catch up so forgive me if already discussed. Last night I watched the first FB Live post from Chip. Ironically I had JUST finished watching one of the Dads first interviews. I went to bed with quite a few notes to look over. Anyway, after watching this most recent FB live post, he kept telling people the Amber Alert should happen soon but it had to go through proper levels. Did some digging... each State has their own rules but it seems that the guidelines say if child under 10 then the amber alert should be immediate. Anyone have insight into this? The father of CC in his interview (not sure if I can say this :/ or if I can post link to the interview. SORRY) was saying he and CC’s mom had just gotten back from the station where they were kept separate and questioned. So did LE delay the Amber Alert? Do we have any documentation of the exact time 911 was called? All along I have had a feeling it was NOT a stranger IMO. Hope I didn’t break rules :/

At some point in the middle of Chips FB Live he comes back on and says “here is the
Reposting these video summaries for discussion (Quoting in the order in which the videos were made instead of the order I summarized them):

FRED's Live Video from Oct 12, 2019

Fred Davenport with WVTM 13 News says "We're already off the air, it's Saturday night live" as he shows a police car parked at Tom Brown Village. We briefly see a glimpse of the other reporter there, Chip Scarborough, walking out of camera view and looking down at his phone. (They seem to be standing in the area that was later taped off with crime scene tape. MOO.).

FD says he wants to get out a "pretty serious story", typically we wouldn't hear from him on Saturday but he stopped what he was doing to get the info out. There is a young girl missing. He holds up a phone with KM's picture and says her name and that she is missing from Tom Brown Village, it's considered North Avondale, 41st street is the closest street. He asks people to screenshot and share that she is missing from Birmingham. Birmingham police are there investigating.

FD says he was talking with his coworker CS who has been there along with Adam (no last name) getting info. There was a birthday party that took place there. FD says that the parents or supervisors of the child stepped away at some point and a "black SUV" approached. A man inside that SUV had taken the child. An 11 year boy actually witnessed the incident and reported it. So now they are still looking for the girl. He repeats KM's name and says she goes by "Cupcake". He says there is no tag number for the SUV at this time. They are waiting on BPD to release all the details to find out if the vehicle description is accurate. We hear a woman talking to FD and telling him that the vehicle is Black or Dark blue with a Brown bumper. FD says it's a Toyota Forerunner, Black or Blue with a brown bumper that protrudes or sticks out, the bumper could be damaged. FD says the info is from Carol Robertson standing next to him.

About 3:50 minutes in he says KM has been missing "Since eight tonight". (This is the earliest time I have seen reported and probably accurate based on the video LE later released of the kids playing. For some reason most other reports said 8:30. Perhaps 8:30 is when the reporters first arrived on scene? MOO.)

People are asking the reporter why no Amber Alert. He says it doesn't come out automatically, it has to go through several levels but he was told they are working on an Amber Alert, it is underway. He shows KM's photo again, repeating she is missing from Tom Brown Village and adds that TBV is in North Avondale near Kingston. He tells the viewers how to screenshot the image to share.

FD says multiple BPD officiers are there working the case. He pans and we see two police cars there. On the road between the 2 police cars there are circular skid marks (not sure if it's related/relevant). FD says a lot of people who live in the housing complex are out there. He repeats the story about there being a birthday party, the parents stepping away from the child for a few moments, and the vehicle description. A man grabbed the child and all of it was witnessed by an 11 year old boy.

FD asks someone nearby if there are any more details on the car to share. We hear the additional detail that the bumper was described as "Peanut Butter Brown". FD moves over to tell CS the vehicle details he got from the officer. CS says he is standing by to do a "TV cut in". FD comes back to talk to the FB live and says "the car has rims on it. Possibly a Forerunner. It's a Toyota, Black or Blue but it has a front bumper on it that is brown in color. If you see that vehicle call 911. The child may be in that car. The child is considered in danger."

FD shows the photo of KM again. He is not sure if the photo was taken that day (It was. MOO.) because it is cold outside today. He tells us she goes by "Cupcake" and she is three.

We hear a woman laughing loudly somewhere there. He repeats that an AA is underway. Your phones should go off once the AA is approved to be sent out to the public. We see a police officer getting something out of a parked police car and there is more hysterical laughing from a woman. (It seems to me that people are going about their business on a Saturday night having fun and not everyone out there is looking for KM or aware of the situation yet. MOO.)

The comments ask FD what the scene is like and he says it's calm, there are multiple officers there but there is no blocked off area, no checkpoints to get to the scene. FD had been told before he got there there had been some issues with crowd control or people upset, understandably so since a 3 year old is missing. (We don't see very many people in the video. FD is maintaining a far distance from the people outside and focusing on the police cars. MOO.)

About 13:20 in FD reads the AA guidelines. We hear a sound and he says his station just sent out an alert which will go to a lot of phones. AA Guidelines: LE must confirm that an abduction has taken place. The child must be at risk of serious injury or death. There must be a sufficient descriptive info about the captor or captor's vehicle. The child must be a minor, under 18. FD says that with social media we can really get out info about the child missing.

He shows the photo of KM again and says they can screenshot it or they can go to the news stations page and they just pushed out the story that can be shared. He repeats vehicle info and says call 911 if anyone sees the vehicle.

People are asking FD via comments why hasn't the AA come out yet and he says they are making sure they get all that info and that it is correct that the AA info has to be correct the first time it goes out. Y'all have to be patient. For now just share what we have put out to the public.

FD mentions again that the vehicle has rims on it, black or blue with brown bumper and rims. There was a birthday party, a man got out of the vehicle and grabbed the girl. An 11 year old boy witnessed this all unfold. The reporter does not know which direction the vehicle was heading.

FD asks a police officer if they had a tag number. The reply is that as far as he knows there wasn't one. FD asks if there was a description of the captor. The answer is No.

About 22 minutes in FD talks to Carol about the many comments he is getting saying they had seen KM at McDonalds in Roebuck. She heard the baby was seen at Eastlake Park looking for her mom. (Seems they are getting many tips about children who look like KM. MOO.) FD tells his viewers that police have been notified about the McDonalds sighting.

There are at least 4 police cars on the scene that we can see. The reporters discuss quietly in the background if there is anything else to say. Female reporter (Carol?) is talking about how she has worn the same clothes all day, on every shot they have done and the commenters on live have noticed her clothing for some reason. People are also mad that she said "projects" and not apartments when she reported on it. She says something like "did you not know this is the Avondale ***** " (I can't hear the starred out words-- possibly she says "everyone calls it Avondale murder projects"? MOO). FD says loudly it's Tom Brown Village in Avondale. FD goes back to talking to his viewers and says he has seen the tips they are all talking about but nothing has been confirmed.

About 24 minutes in FD shows KM's photo again. We see a number of police officers walking around in the background and background noise seems to have increased with many more people milling around and talking. A police officer opens the trunk of his vehicle and closes it. FD says LE is about to put up tape "for crowd control". Carol in the background says they have been working on the AA for 30 minutes. FD asks if they have all the criteria met for an AA and she says yes.

FD says the PIO is working to get more info for the reporters to share with the public. Someone asks where the mother is and FD is not sure. Cars are being moved out the immediate area where FD is standing. The crowd of people talking to LE seems to be growing. FD says he doesn't know anything about the crowd behind him and they are talking about putting him on camera because it's an urgent matter. A police officer comes waving his or her arms to tell people to move back from the area. A woman (Carol?) asks if she needs to move her car. Another woman answers "if you don't want to get stuck in here..." FD asks where they want him and he moves to the sidewalk. He says he only has 20% left on his battery. Hopefully the AA will go out as soon as possible.

FD repeats the vehicle info one last time and asks Carol if she is leaving. FD walks down the sidewalk and says he has to head out but Chip is staying and a new live should be up for viewers to click on. FD has to be somewhere else in Birmingham. We see the yellow crime scene tape up now (last minute of the video). FD has to go under the tape to get out. Chip is going to take over getting the info out to the public. We hear Chip in the background starting his Live reporting.

FD signs off and says that if there is anything new they will have it. Chip is the one working the rest of tonight.

MOO.

Fred's Live (summarized above):
Chip's Live that followed:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHIP's Live Video from Oct 12, 2019

Interesting that the reporter repeats several times in the beginning that it is a "confirmed kidnapping" and not a custody dispute. He says an 11 year old boy witnessed a man drive up, get out of a dark SUV, pick up KM, put her into the SUV and drive away. The SUV was described as a dark Toyota with a "brown bumper" and that there is damage to the vehicle. He says possibly a Forerunner. (Which we now know turned out to be the wrong model-- it was a Sequoia).

(Since the reporter is describing the kidnapping in front of the taped off area, it seems that is likely where the vehicle drove up and the man grabbed KM. Can anyone add a square representing this taped area to our existing maps? It would be good to see where it is in relation to the camera and where the girls were playing).

He says both parents are on the scene and visibly shaken/upset. He can see KM's dad there. He says the parents had "stepped away for a few moments" when the kidnapping happened. (I don't think that has been reported anywhere else-- later sources made it seem like the parents were not there and that KM was in the care of a relative at the time she was kidnapped. The reporter may be mistaken. MOO).

This video was before the Amber Alert was sent out but the reporter says that they expect an AA soon because of it being a confirmed kidnapping. He says in the beginning of the video that this started about 8:30 PM or about 2 hours ago. So this video is CS reporting from around 10:30 PM to about 11:45 PM on Oct 12.

About 6 minutes in there is a big commotion in the background-- a woman is screaming something unintelligible. The reporter thinks the commotion means she was found. People are yelling something about McDonalds so the reporter asks if she was at McDonalds and which one, if it was the one by the hospital. We can see the Great Grandparents in the background talking to a LEO. A woman pounds her fist in her hand, waves her hand in the air and points-- she is obviously frustrated, but I can't tell what she is yelling or who she is gesturing to.

We see KM's brother standing with some other kids with blankets on their shoulders. The kids smile a bit and play around with each other, then suddenly they start looking sad and serious again. A woman starts yelling "Amber Alert...Amber Alert... No! Amber Alert!" The camera's not focused on the woman yelling so I don't know for sure who it is or who she is yelling at. (My impression is that they thought they found her but it was a false alarm and may have delayed the AA while police checked out the McDonald's tip. Then after that it seems family members were adamant that LE needed to send out the AA right away. MOO).

The reporter then explains that the people in the crowd had been yelling that KM was found at McDonald's but that turned out not to be true. She is still missing. As the reporter is saying this (About 10 minutes in) there is another commotion. The reporter zooms in on a crowd that includes many of KM's family members rushing towards the far side of the taped area and yelling at each other. Police officers break up the argument and separate people. We see KM's mom being pulled away from the crowd by another woman. About 15 minutes in we see KM's brother crying loudly as he is put in the back of a car to be taken from the scene. (Poor kid. It's hard to tell what is going on but it seems to be chaos and arguing within the family. So sad to see. MOO.)

About 32 minutes in a train is heard going by and blaring its horn loudly. (This surprised me. Will have to check a map to see where the train tracks are located).

The reporter comes back on the video around 50 minutes in and says this is officially an Amber Alert now. He repeats that this does not have to do with any custody issue and it is a kidnapping, which is scary. He says he has been on the scene since 10:15 PM to report on the case. LE put up the yellow crime scene tape about 45 minutes ago. He repeats the vehicle info. He says police are searching heavily in the complex and all over the city. He repeats for anyone to call 911 if they have seen KM and says it is almost midnight there. He signs off with about 12 minutes left of video that just shows KM's face and name for the rest of the time.

MOO.

That is a FABULOUS recap. Well done. I was uncomfortable when the cameraman zoomed in on that poor boy. That was unfortunate and unnecessary to show.

There is also the possibility here which has already been mentioned, that PS is perhaps the lone perp. QF would of course still be held on her warrants, regardless of her potential involvement in this case. Perhaps she doesn’t know anything about this. Maybe the witness description is wrong about two individuals. If this is the case, then everything would make a lot more sense imo, as we would have a classic pedophile single abductor.

What references do we have on random abductions of three year olds specifically?
Good question. I was just told by my best friend who is a detective in another state, with the juvenile crimes division. He said in regards to child *advertiser censored* they focus on content involving kids younger then 10 years old because their findings have been that those people are very highly likely to move on to sex crimes... that part makes me more suspicious of PS... JMO. It also disgusts me to know that :/

This article says that - as at 2017 - family kidnappings occur 'more frequently' to children under 6 years of age.

However, it also says that - as at 2017:
Based on the identity of the perpetrator, there are three distinct types of kidnapping: kidnapping by a relative of the victim or "family kidnapping" (49 percent), kidnapping by an acquaintance of the victim or "acquaintance kidnapping" (27 percent), and kidnapping by a stranger to the victim or "stranger kidnapping" (24 percent).

In 80 percent of abductions by strangers, the first contact between the child and the abductor occurs within a quarter mile of the child's home.

Most potential abductors grab their victims on the street or try to lure them into their vehicles.

About 74 percent of the victims of nonfamily child abduction are girls.

Child Abduction Statistics for Parents

Last edited:
RSBM
- The train track is about 1-2 blocks from TBV, very close.

Thank you! I meant to get back to that and forgot to look at the map. Noting it is about 0.6 of a mile to drive to the tracks from Tom Brown Apts: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33.5370778,-86.7767791/Tom+Brown+Village,+4165+5th+Ct+N,+Birmingham,+AL+35222/@33.534894,-86.7793994,1339m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x88891b8e78979deb:0x406c741e60f65bb7!2m2!1d-86.7755513!2d33.5302243!3e0 ‬‏‏

That large industrial area all around the tracks is interesting. I wonder if there are cameras in that area and if any grid searches of that area have been done.

I also wanted to note that the two early reporter live videos on the scene did not mention anything about a woman. They both reported that a man was seen getting out of the vehicle and grabbing KM. When did the description change to a man and a woman and why? My thinking is that IF this was a lone male perp he would grab the child, take her to the nearest isolated area, do what he wanted and dispose of her quickly. Sorry to be so crude but that is what the statistics say happens in most stranger abduction/murders. :(

We should be identifying places close to Tom Brown Village that are isolated/desolate after 8 PM at night. Are the Steel and Metal plants around the railroad tracks open at night or would they have been closed for the day? Railroad tracks often have little access roads or places where a vehicle can pull parallel to the tracks and park mostly unseen by other traffic. In the SC kidnapping last year HT's abductor was parked next to the railroad tracks. She was rescued when a railroad crew saw her with the suspect asleep in the car.

MOO.

Last edited:
Thank you! I meant to get back to that and forgot to look at the map. Noting it is about 0.6 of a mile to drive to the tracks from Tom Brown Apts: خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

That large industrial area all around the tracks is interesting. I wonder if there are cameras in that area and if any grid searches of that area have been done.

I also wanted to note that the two early reporter live videos on the scene did not mention anything about a woman. They both reported that a man was seen getting out of the vehicle and grabbing KM. When did the description change to a man and a woman and why? My thinking is that IF this was a lone male perp he would grab the child, take her to the nearest isolated area, do what he wanted and dispose of her quickly. Sorry to be so crude but that is what the statistics say happens in most stranger abduction/murders. :(

We should be identifying places close to Tom Brown Village that are isolated/desolate after 8 PM at night. Are the Steel and Metal plants around the railroad tracks open at night or would they have been closed for the day? Railroad tracks often have little access roads or places where a vehicle can pull parallel to the tracks and park mostly unseen by other traffic. In the SC kidnapping last year HT's abductor was parked next to the railroad tracks. She was rescued when a railroad crew saw her with the suspect asleep in the car.

MOO.

I imagine the reason that the police have been searching - a lot - elsewhere is because they have CCTV footage of the suspect vehicle leaving the area immediately.

They may even have phone ping data that indicates that the suspect left the area right away.

So stranger abductions are rare according to the VP of the NCMEC? Hmmm, as someone mentioned up thread though as so many missing people aren’t located, the true figure will never be truly known.

The NCMEC isn't tracking all the missing "people" in the U.S., though, are they? The article I found, said they (well, more precisely, the FBI) separately class and track abductions of individuals under-21:

Kidnapped children make headlines, but abduction is rare in U.S.

On average, fewer than 350 people under the age of 21 have been abducted by strangers in the United States per year since 2010, the FBI says. From 2010 through 2017, the most recent data available, the number has ranged from a low of 303 in 2016 to a high of 384 in 2011 with no clear directional trend.

Hundreds of thousands of juveniles are reported missing to the Federal Bureau of Investigation each year. The circumstances of the disappearance is only recorded about half the time, but in cases where they are, only 0.1 percent are reported as having been abducted by a stranger. The vast majority, typically more than 95 percent, ran away.

Complicated methods of evaluation, but it seems rare to me... of course, I suppose if someone is thinking that "any stranger abduction is too many", I can certainly understand that impulse. But simultaneously, eradicating every one of them seems impractical and unlikely. (I know that sounds skeevy but I couldn't think of any better way to phrase it, just because nobody gets 100% compliance out of any population of people; and I don't think it's truly possible to do so.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels