PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has LE talked to classmates, teachers, friends, etc of the 8 yr old son to determine if he was indeed being bullied.
apparently they are interviewing everybody and sent a new appeal yesterday for any info at all, no matter how small the detail appears... Hoping they have something more substantial than this implies.

Otto... I was thinking the exact some thing after I saw the pictures... Theres no way that little boy strung up both of them and then stood on the chairs and then both came off the chairs at the same time.... his height and weight vs her height and weight barely make it possible!!!
I agree. This seems impossible.

Yeah, I do think it’s an incredible stretch, and it isn’t one I’m even considering.

Either the son did it, or mommy did. I’m all in on mommy.
I agree. I think it’s the Mom. MOO If the mother did this, I pray they were both somehow unconscious because if not, one of them had to watch this happening. MOO This is all so horrific.

I am new to this discussion and trying to get caught up, so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but I wonder if police suspect that someone did a "trial run" with the dog before hanging the children?

I get the impression the dog was given away prior to the hangings. So why do they need to know the dogs weight? I could understand LE being suspicious of a wire that appeared to be new or unused. But I am lost on the weight.

I get the impression the dog was given away prior to the hangings. So why do they need to know the dogs weight? I could understand LE being suspicious of a wire that appeared to be new or unused. But I am lost on the weight.
As others have posted - the dogs weight could justify the style of lead used IMO - if they were trying to recreate something necessary to the investigation

I am thinking she merely thought they were dead when she made the call. And if she knew they were not dead, why not get them down?

15 minutes between the 911 call and when the squad got there? That's a long time to know your kids are hanging there and do nothing. It would have taken very little effort to lift the daughter enough to unclip the cable around her neck, which would probably have at least released some of the tension on the son. You might be stunned for a moment into inaction, but 15 minutes? My hinky meter is pegged.

Anybody have a lead on why the mom had so many cellphones? I'm glad her 17 year old ratted her out on that. Just wonder what she did to financially support the family and if that's possibly what the multiple phones were about.

Normally that decision is made by the guardian/guardians after thorough brain testing was completed showing no brain activity (brain death). In this case, likely mom and dad (i haven't seen info on dad) or whoever had custody.

Prereqs before anything else is done:
- Establish irreversible and proximate cause of coma.
- Achieve normal systolic blood pressure.
- Perform 2 neuro evals as outlined below.

Neuro eval consists of:
- Coma (must lack all evidence of tesponsiveness).
- No brainstem reflexes (this is lengthy test).
- Apnea test.

Confirmatory tests may include:
- Cerebral angiography.
- Electroencephalography.
- Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography.
- Cerebral scintigraphy.

This usually takes a few days and is never rushed (at least in the hospital I work at). The Neurologist and Intensive Care Doc will have several conversations with family etc, including discussion of prognosis, throughout this process. 3 days as in case of C and B is realistic.

The more I read and think, the less i believe that this is suicide by C and C taking B with him... There just is no way....
Thanks for posting criteria.
The fact that they were admitted to hospital means that post mortem tests like gastric analysis will inevitably be inconclusive.......
If the older child returned from school at 3,50pm and was hanging 20 minutes later without having eaten or taken any refreshment it's even more disturbing..
almost like he was ambushed immediately on return from school?
(I could neither prove nor disprove he attended school on that day)
The speed of it is frightening..

It doesn’t seem like he was a presence in their lives, so killing the kids for that purpose doesn’t seem to be an effective revenge strategy.
Motive to not deal with custody but more likely, child support payments? Hmmm... like that family that had 8 members murdered for that reason - custody of a child. Blows my mind. You'd really, really, really have to hate your ex spouse, more than you love your kids.

apparently they are interviewing everybody and sent a new appeal yesterday for any info at all, no matter how small the detail appears... Hoping they have something more substantial than this implies.
That’s good to hear. I hope they talk to everyone at the son's school because the mother said that he was bullied so bad and had threatened suicide before. Even if he was bullied, I don't believe he did this. MOO I want to know if she's telling the truth about him being bullied. MOO

Anybody have a lead on why the mom had so many cellphones? I'm glad her 17 year old ratted her out on that. Just wonder what she did to financially support the family and if that's possibly what the multiple phones were about.

I can't speak for her, but I had 2 cell phones for several years. I'm a self employed independent contractor and I had a work phone and personal phone. I did finally merge them.

I was jokingly accused of being a drug dealer on a few occasions.

I can't speak for her, but I had 2 cell phones for several years. I'm a self employed independent contractor and I had a work phone and personal phone. I did finally merge them.

The phones might not have all been connected to cellular service. Besides the one I’m using now, I also have two old iPhones that as long as I’m connected to WiFi, I can iMessage, use apps, the internet etc. I think this is pretty common, at least IME.

The issue isn’t that she had multiple phones, it’s that she failed to disclose them.

If I recall correctly, the 911 call was made on a different phone from the one she turned over to law enforcement.

Most reports that I saw said that police were interested in weighing the dog... This doesnt make sense to me there is something with that that is not clicking in my brain. I'm not sure how the weight of the dog affects the outcome of this case, other than possibly how much wear there was on the lead that was used?

Yeah. Like, "That's a strong chain but I don't see a dog. Do you know where your son got this?" "Oh yea, I had to buy it because my dog kept running away and she was strong. But I gave it away." "Oh yeah? That's a strong chain. How much did your dog weigh?" "Oh, about 50 pounds or so."

I don't believe they'd be asking these questions if they didn't have questions, you know what I mean?

This is frustating because if the Brother is at work why would you leave your 8 and 4 year old at home alone?? Especially if the 8 year old had threatened this as the mother tried to claim?? ( Not saying the 8 year old did it, but if your 8 year old seemed troubled in any way why would you leave him home alone to supervise his 4 year old sister?)

Another red flag to me.

Is it really?

Culprits do visit sites discussing their crimes, or go to police press conferences, involve themselves in investigations, searches, etc.

What innocent parent would join a crime site discussing her children’s deaths just a few weeks later? Especially when she’s claiming it’s not an unsolved crime? (Thus she doesn’t need public help of any kind).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cellophane