UK - 39 bodies found in lorry, Essex, 23 October 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
GTR is ran by the devlin family who in themselves have previous it would seem for smuggling laundering type stuff (fuel) - there’s a family tree with online details them all, and from there if you look at the names and google them then companies become apparent and it’s clear that there’s a lot of money in their family too, (seems one son may be a senior lawyer who’s been involved in government type stuff here from a quick glance at his page) and links perhaps to murkier stuff (think racehorses / multiple companies / booze shops or companies / properties company named after the racehorse / fuel smuggling / laundering etc)...

Have you looked much at this lot yet?

Two sentenced for £2m alcohol smuggling fraud

Cigarettes smuggler is jailed - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
27 October 2019

Essex lorry deaths: Police issue statement over man arrested at Dublin Port

A man arrested at Dublin Port on Saturday is a "person of interest" in connection with the deaths of 39 migrants, police confirmed in a statement released on Sunday night.

A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "Essex Police can confirm that a man arrested by the Garda at Dublin Port on Saturday 26 October is a person of interest in our murder investigation regarding the 39 people found dead in a lorry in Purfleet on Wednesday 23 October.

"His arrest was for an unconnected matter. We are liaising with the Garda via telephone as this man is currently held outside the jurisdiction of the law of England and Wales."

Essex police issue statement over man arrested at Dublin Port

This is fascinating. I saw a report before saying he was the subject of a European Arrest Warrant.

And here we have a report saying he is outside the jurisdiction of the law of England and Wales.

Did someone mention Brexit earlier? Or is there confusion in the reporting?

Previous trips may have been shorter ... england to france is 2-3 hours

Zeegbrugge - Purfleet is 10hours

I understand the trailers are connected to an external electricity (the mains) whilst waiting on the docks or on the ferry.
If the trailer is sealed it is connected to an electric hook up on board ferry by on board workers as standard . This would have taken place on said trailer as seal was intact Even if trailer onboard with a cab it has to use this hook up because of fire risk running diesel engines .

This is fascinating. I saw a report before saying he was the subject of a European Arrest Warrant.

And here we have a report saying he is outside the jurisdiction of the law of England and Wales.

‘The UK officers will have no powers of arrest and will be accompanied by a garda during any interview sessions as per normal police co-operation protocol, a source said.

[...]

The UK would need to seek a European Arrest Warrant (EAW) if it wishes to bring the man back to the UK to face charges.

If Brexit occurs on October 31st, it will no longer be able to seek an EAW and will have to go through a more complex and drawn-out extradition process.’

Essex migrant deaths: UK police expected to interview Dublin suspect

He's in the Republic of Ireland, therefore outside the jurisdiction of the law of England and Wales.
I don't see anything confusing there.

If the trailer is sealed it is connected to an electric hook up on board ferry by on board workers as standard . This would have taken place on said trailer as seal was intact Even if trailer onboard with a cab it has to use this hook up because of fire risk running diesel engines .

Thank you for that clarification.

I am still a little puzzled by the seal.

What evidence is there that it was intact?

Who installed the seal in France / Belgium?

He's in the Republic of Ireland, therefore outside the jurisdiction of the law of England and Wales.
I don't see anything confusing there.

Puzzled ... can I refer you back to post #1162.... ?

Southern Ireland maybe?

The Scania which was pictured seized in Dublin looks very much like one on Ronan Hughes' Facebook which has 'R. Hughes' decals on the front.

image.jpg

ronanhugheseamon.jpg

ronanhugheseamon1.jpg

‘The UK officers will have no powers of arrest and will be accompanied by a garda during any interview sessions as per normal police co-operation protocol, a source said.

[...]

The UK would need to seek a European Arrest Warrant (EAW) if it wishes to bring the man back to the UK to face charges.

If Brexit occurs on October 31st, it will no longer be able to seek an EAW and will have to go through a more complex and drawn-out extradition process.’

Gotta say your posts r always spot on and super informative! Thanks for all your updates etc!

I think this will take a while to reach crown. The whole investigation has to be wound up i believe, am i right in saying he will only serve time for the charge that is the highest?

Thinking forward that thread is going to be a whole other level! Mo may even be able to do a ple deal in the end if he has cooperated

I was just thinking how the reefer arrived so close to the cut off time for loading on the ferry. Last on, first off? I wonder how that one loads, unloads?

Also, considering inside people on either the ferries or boat docks. Bribing to turn their heads or on a payroll?

Musing. JMO.

Gardaí believe he spent the last three days in France and disposed of his phone before travelling to Dublin.

So he’s at Zeebrugge..... heard it all went pear shaped and decided to bide his time in France before coming home ???? IMO

Wondering if the traffickers will have a lifetime of nightmares about these images?
https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/bloody-handprints-show-migrants-desperate-bid-to-escape-uk-truck/
"The 39 migrants who died in the back of a refrigerated truck in England last week left bloody handprints on the inside doors of the metal container.

Many of the victims in the gruesome pile of bodies were either naked or partially clothed, and some had foam around their mouths, according to The Sun newspaper."

I would say . . . no.

Wondering if the traffickers will have a lifetime of nightmares about these images?
https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/bloody-handprints-show-migrants-desperate-bid-to-escape-uk-truck/
"The 39 migrants who died in the back of a refrigerated truck in England last week left bloody handprints on the inside doors of the metal container.

Many of the victims in the gruesome pile of bodies were either naked or partially clothed, and some had foam around their mouths, according to The Sun newspaper."
I hope they do but I think we’re dealing with some pretty cold individuals...

Just a quick reminder for our new members, we cannot sleuth people that have not been named officially as suspects or arrested by LE. It's against the TOS of Websleuth.

But anyway Welcome to all new members and thank you for joining! :)

I was just thinking how the reefer arrived so close to the cut off time for loading on the ferry. Last on, first off? I wonder how that one loads, unloads?

Also, considering inside people on either the ferries or boat docks. Bribing to turn their heads or on a payroll?

Musing. JMO.

Musing. JMO.

When we were looking at the ships info earlier in the thread im pretty sure it said it was a roro cargo ferry. So in the back out the front or vice versa. There was also info shared regarding a port tractor being used at either side to load/unload unaccompanied trailers. I will try to find link amd pull them forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get