OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pic of the search on Havener Lane, please. TY

web1_BCI.jpg

"..The Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification was at a house in South Webster last summer. It is believed to be connected to at least one suspect who was arrested Tuesday in the Rhoden murder investigation.."

Yes I am trying hard to find the link to this article. This came from a MSM article.

I know this is Angie's house because
I compared it to 2 other pictures of her house, from an article, and from Zillow with the correct address--52 Havener Ln S Webster-- and it matches.
Rita lived here according to court records, but then moved in with her mother at a different S. Webster address.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/52-Havener-Ln-South-Webster-OH-45682/220122862_zpid/

Pike-Murder-Suspects-010.jpg

"..Home of George "Billy" Wagner III and his wife Angela Wagner in South Webster. Six members of the Wagner family were arrested in connection with the 2016 murder of Rhoden family members in Pike County. TY GREENLEES /.STAFF.. "
NEWS
Nov 18, 2018
Will Garbe and Josh Sweigart, Staff Writers

Pike County investigation: 8 deaths and multiple arrests were tied to one key factor — child custody

Last edited:
There was another article and I will locate it but until then I’m just remembering in my humble opinion. There was an article where LM also said of that birdhouse camera that the killers hadn’t found that one to remove it as well.

I also wanted to say thank you to all of you, through chemo and radiation I haven’t always felt like doing much, but days sitting and getting treatment, I religiously read this forum. You guys kick *advertiser censored*. All of you. Thank you guys for helping me keep my brain interested in something.

Prayers for you during your fight.

I've seen a few comments recently about a cell phone lost by JW or one of the Wagners. I don't recall seeing this info in court docs or the news media, but I could have missed something.

Can someone explain more about this allegation and where the information comes from? Thanks!

Sorry to hear those things happened to you. Sounds like a real problem. If it happened as a result of a tip to LE, how did anyone get that information?

Hey Betty, you wont fund anything about the lost cell phone on a news post. JW made a public post on his since deleted facebook page about losing the cellphone and consequently the password to his deleted facebook account. Jmo.

Cool Cats, can you please do me a huge favor? Share RN's Discovery documents here once again? One of them listed one of the handwriting experts, but I can't open anything on Scribd except the first page. No problem if you can't. Thanks.

Hey Betty, you wont fund anything about the lost cell phone on a news post. JW made a public post on his since deleted facebook page about losing the cellphone and consequently the password to his deleted facebook account. Jmo.

If there's no link to news media or if the suspect's FB page no longer exists, we can't discuss that here. You may want to ask the mods to see what they think.

[QUOTE/] ="@Loomis124, post: 15529149, member: 236274"]Cool Cats, can you please do me a huge favor? Share RN's Discovery documents here once again? One of them listed one of the handwriting experts, but I can't open anything on Scribd except the first page. No problem if you can't.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MOTION TO REVOKE RITA NEWCOMB'S BOND:
Rita Newcomb Bond

Newcomb Discovery

Rita N 6-26-2019 Discovery
Rita Newcomb Discovery July 26, 2019
Rita Newcomb August 6 2019 Discovery

You will find all 3 of these Discoveries here:

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered
PAGE 15

Last edited:
[QUOTE/] ="@Loomis124, post: 15529149, member: 236274"]Cool Cats, can you please do me a huge favor? Share RN's Discovery documents here once again? One of them listed one of the handwriting experts, but I can't open anything on Scribd except the first page. No problem if you can't.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MOTION TO REVOKE RITA NEWCOMB'S BOND:
Rita Newcomb Bond

Newcomb Discovery

Rita N 6-26-2019 Discovery
Rita Newcomb Discovery July 26, 2019
Rita Newcomb August 6 2019 Discovery

You will find all 3 of these Discoveries here:

Media & Timeline NO DISCUSSION - Pike Co, OH 8 Family Members Murdered
PAGE 15

Thank you SO much, CC!!

I especially love the Aug 6 2019 Discovery consisting of a list of the phone calls AND the "witnesses" at the bottom:
1- Custodian of Records, Delaware Co. Jail
2- CN, Rita's son
3- NB, Rita's mother

First time I saw this article, hadn't heard this quote from Fred before:

George Wagner trial postponed, grandmother stands by him

“George is innocent. My whole family is innocent. That’s all I have to say. It will all come out eventually,” Fredericka Wagner said after the hearing. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong and he’s got a strong faith in God. So have I and so did Jacob. Our whole family and we just believe, I know Christ is with him. The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

Thank you SO much, CC!!

I especially love the Aug 6 2019 Discovery consisting of a list of the phone calls AND the "witnesses" at the bottom:
1- Custodian of Records, Delaware Co. Jail
2- CN, Rita's son
3- NB, Rita's mother

I didn't know NB was Rita's mother! I was wondering who that was. Thanks Loomis.

Rita's mom and son must be defense witnessess. I can't see them testifying against her.

It doesn't specify who is a defense and who is a prosecution witness when you see witnesses listed in the various Discovery Documents. A bit confusing to me.

If the Discovery is coming from the prosecution then I think yes, they are prosecution witnesses. If Discovery comes from the defense then those witnesses listed would be defense witnesses. I assume this is how it works.

Last edited:
First time I saw this article, hadn't heard this quote from Fred before:

George Wagner trial postponed, grandmother stands by him

“George is innocent. My whole family is innocent. That’s all I have to say. It will all come out eventually,” Fredericka Wagner said after the hearing. “He’s lost a lot of weight. But he’s strong and he’s got a strong faith in God. So have I and so did Jacob. Our whole family and we just believe, I know Christ is with him. The boys are hanging on to Jesus and that’s what we’re going to keep on doing.”

Notice the complete lack of reference to AW and her "innocence".

Notice the complete lack of reference to AW and her "innocence".

What you will notice is not only has she never publicly mentioned Angela's name, but she has been to court for Jake, GW3 and GW4 but never for you know who. I have seen her and Robin in court for all 3 and always look to see if she's there for Angela, but no.

Can I throw my 2 Cents in here and say that since BOTH Fred and Angela are very strong willed controlling individuals that probably there was tension between the 2 women?

If Fred has any inkling at all of their guilt, I would bet she blames Angela and feels Angela should have, could have, stopped it.

Last edited:
I didn't know NB was Rita's mother! I was wondering who that was. Thanks Loomis.

Rita's mom and son must be defense witnessess. I can't see them testifying against her.

It doesn't specify who is a defense and who is a prosecution witness when you see witnesses listed in the various Discovery Documents. A bit confusing to me.

If the Discovery is coming from the prosecution then I think yes, they are prosecution witnesses. If Discovery comes from the defense then those witnesses listed would be defense witnesses. I assume this is how it works.

If called, I think they will have to testify as State's witness or be in contempt when the time comes. This is the State's Discovery. Of course, I'm sure the Defense will be able to cross-examine them. JMO

Last edited:
What you will notice is not only has she never publicly mentioned Angela's name, but she has been to court for Jake, GW3 and GW4 but never for you know who. I have seen her and Robin in court for all 3 and always look to see if she's there for Angela, but no.

Can I throw my 2 Cents in here and say that since BOTH Fred and Angela are very strong willed controlling individuals that probably there was tension between the 2 women?

If Fred has any inkling at all of their guilt, I would bet she blames Angela and feels Angela should have, could have, stopped it.

CC, I believe Fred did reference AW at the interviews at her home with Owen. I'll have to back and listen. JMO

Last edited:
What you will notice is not only has she never publicly mentioned Angela's name, but she has been to court for Jake, GW3 and GW4 but never for you know who.

I would add HMR to the group of strong willed women. I can't imagine HMR and AW living under the same roof for long.

If Fred tries to make Angie the scapegoat, that carries a very calculated risk. Angie could confess and cut a deal. I can see Angie trying to save her mom (RN) and her sons.

I don't think there is any love lost between Billy and Angie. She could easily throw him under the bus. I'm also willing to bet Angie knows enough about Fred and her dealings to throw her under as well....

Last edited:
CC, I believe Fred did reference AW at the interviews at her home with Owen. I'll have to back and look. JMO

Thanks. Now I have to go back and look! That would be interesting because I don't remember her saying one word about her daughter-in-law.

As for witnesses, you are right, that Discovery is coming from the prosecution and that means the prosecution is calling Rita's mom and son to the stand.

I wonder if they will be hostile witnesses for the prosecution? Would they really want to say anything against their own daughter/mother?

Hostile Witness
A hostile witness, otherwise known as an adverse witness or an unfavorable witness, is a witness at trial whose testimony on direct examination is either openly antagonistic or appears to be contrary to the legal position of the party who called the witness.

NB adopted Rita Nutter when she was 5, I believe. She is not her real mother.

Portsmouth Times Newspaper Archives, May 24, 1958, p. 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member