PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very strange case for me... I have zero sense of the mother's personality and I have zero sense of the childrens personalities... I'm not sure if it is a thing that my mind is forcing this distance because the horror is too much to comprehend or if there is some other reason this insight is eluding me...
My fear is that there is insufficient evidence for a prosecution,
My thoughts are that there may be surprises, possibly the involvement of another person who has never been mentioned before... it's a fine line between the two.
I'm swinging wildly between both...

Excuse me if this has been mentioned I havent been able to get through all of the threads yet, but has anyone thought about if this could be a case of Munchausen by Proxy? Since the children were hung up for such a short time, could the mom have hung them up and then called immediately, knowing the police would be there while they were still alive... or even called first then strung them up? I know its a sick thought but i'd be interested in why Child Services had been working with the family...MOO

Excuse me if this has been mentioned I havent been able to get through all of the threads yet, but has anyone thought about if this could be a case of Munchausen by Proxy? Since the children were hung up for such a short time, could the mom have hung them up and then called immediately, knowing the police would be there while they were still alive... or even called first then strung them up? I know its a sick thought but i'd be interested in why Child Services had been working with the family...MOO
Nothing about this case will surprise me. I've considered a similar scenario, especially because the mother mentioned the bullying at school and suicide from the get-go.

JMO

Nothing about this case will surprise me. I've considered a similar scenario, especially because the mother mentioned the bullying at school and suicide from the get-go.

JMO

Also, I was really taken back by mother's immediate oversharing about the organ donations where she all but named the individual recipients! It was creepy to me. I read the statement attributed to her in MSM, and it was deleted from article shortly after.

I understand it was the same with her fb post (I didn't see fb) -- didn't garner the response she was looking for and post soon taken down.

MOO

Did we ever hear why social services were involved with these children before this tragic incident?

For social services to be involved, that should be our first clue that all was not right in this home.
^^sbm

I know its a sick thought but i'd be interested in why Child Services had been working with the family...MOO

Oct 8, 2019

[...]
Our sources tell Project PA the family was not receiving CYS services at the time the children were found.

However, our sources indicate certain individuals were known to Berks County Children and Youth at some point in time.

It’s unclear when or what services they received.

“Whenever we look at a child fatality, it’s real easy for us to come to conclusions and assume that there’s somebody who did something wrong. And I think we have to take a really careful look at child fatalities and what are those underlying reasons,” Rachael Miller, Pennsylvania Partnerships for Children, said.
^^bbm

Project PA | Search warrant reveals children were found hanging in Berks County home

Child services records are not on public view to link but I think it's likely that investigation opened and closed before BS birth. MSM confirms no services by CYS at time of death. MOO

Last edited:
Also, I was really taken back by mother's immediate oversharing about the organ donations where she all but named the individual recipients! It was creepy to me. I read the statement attributed to her in MSM, and it was deleted from article shortly after.

I understand it was the same with her fb post (I didn't see fb) -- didn't garner the response she was looking for and post soon taken down.

MOO
Just to clarify, what the mom shared came direct from the Gift of Life Donor Program.

I've definitely wondered this myself. As far as it being a sick thought, this whole situation is sick, no matter who actually did it and what the motive was.

One cannot help but wonder. Had to google 911 calls to ease my brain some. This is what I was thinking as well with this generic scenario.

The difference between potentially guilty and innocent 911 callers seems so obvious, but it's good to read it expressed so well. Thanks for posting. Do you have a link? I'd like to read more about this.

I have not shared this very often or with very many people. But, I honestly don't think this child killed himself. I have a son that started exhibiting depression at the age of 8. He unfortunately inherited the chemical imbalance in his body that leads to depression. He laid down on my bed one day and said that he just didn't want to live any more - it was just too hard here. He didn't say he wanted to commit suicide or that he wanted to kill himself. Why? Because he was too young and too innocent to even know that was a thing. His uncle committed suicide, but of course we never shared that information with the kids. They just knew that he was sick and died. Just my very personal experience with a young child and the idea of suicide. I have heard that there are small children - a very small percentage - that do commit suicide, but I just have a hard time given all of the information that you all have also noticed, that this is the case here. JMHO

Just to clarify, what the mom shared came direct from the Gift of Life Donor Program.

Thank you.

I recall a framed donor certificate issued by "Gift of Life Program" recognizing the children which was on display at the elementary school celebration, but what I'm referring to was the sex, age, and specific organs received by others.

This info may have been communicated to the mother by the Program, but the quote I'm referring to was attributed to the mother, and not the Program. Same for mom's personal facebook post.

Is there a MSM link quoting the Program?

I have not shared this very often or with very many people. But, I honestly don't think this child killed himself. I have a son that started exhibiting depression at the age of 8. He unfortunately inherited the chemical imbalance in his body that leads to depression. He laid down on my bed one day and said that he just didn't want to live any more - it was just too hard here. He didn't say he wanted to commit suicide or that he wanted to kill himself. Why? Because he was too young and too innocent to even know that was a thing. His uncle committed suicide, but of course we never shared that information with the kids. They just knew that he was sick and died. Just my very personal experience with a young child and the idea of suicide. I have heard that there are small children - a very small percentage - that do commit suicide, but I just have a hard time given all of the information that you all have also noticed, that this is the case here. JMHO

Thank you for sharing this. It must be so sad for a parent to know your child is suffering. Hope your kiddo is doing better these days!

This breaks my heart. I hope your soon is doing good.

Thank you for sharing. I'm sure this must be heartbreaking as a parent. I hope your son is having more good days than bad days now.

Thank you for sharing. What a kind and strong son you have. It takes strength for an 8 year old to share that with his parents. You must be a wonderful parent for him to feel safe and secure sharing that with you.
When my son was 14 he nervously, hesitantly, and crying, told me that he was gay. I was one of those parents that had no idea (he had a girlfriend in middle school, dated, etc.). He's my world. I love him and couldn't care less. I just worry about his safety. He's now an adult but when he was applying to colleges, I found an entrance letter he had written on his computer. He explained the bullying and torment he experienced in middle school. I had no idea and my heart was broken. It's still broken to this day because of the guilt I feel for not knowing what he was going through during those middle school years. I know my son's situation isn't the same as your son but I truly believe your son will grow up and be a happy and content man.
As far as this case, I completely agree with you. I don't believe for a second that this young boy thought up this plan, grabbed the dog leash, chairs, his sister, and effectively executed all of this. No way. MOO

Thank you.

I recall a framed donor certificate issued by "Gift of Life Program" recognizing the children which was on display at the elementary school celebration, but what I'm referring to was the sex, age, and specific organs received by others.

This info may have been communicated to the mother by the Program, but the quote I'm referring to was attributed to the mother, and not the Program. Same for mom's personal facebook post.

Thank you.

I'm sorry. I don't understand your question.

Good morning all!

Please forgive my ignorance when it comes to the hanging mechanism used.

I'm struggling to visualize how an 8 year old would be able to kick the chair out from under his little sister from three feet away.

Another thing I don't understand is how he could do everything that would need to be done without the mom even knowing it? Wouldn't taking the two chairs down to the basement make noise, and time to do the looping mechanism to get it just right for them both to hang themselves?

If he had already put his mom on notice forewarning her he wanted to commit suicide, and didn't want to do it alone wouldn't she be on heightened alert to make sure she took all precautions to prevent it?

Imo, when something doesn't make any logic, and common sense how something is said to have happened there is a valid reason to question it. Most cases are really pretty simplistic, and straight forward. This one is not by any means.

The deaths of these two very young children, and how they both died, and why, supposedly, leaves far more unanswered explainable questions than answers.

I pray in LEs ongoing investigation they find the true answers for these two dead children for both deserve no less.

Jmhoo

I'm sorry. I don't understand your question.

I believe the question is, did the mother really post the specific names and ages of the individuals in question who received organs, which my understanding of bad horror movies and HIPAA have taught me is a thing that shouldn't be done, as it violates the privacy of the recipients; as Gift of Life did none of these things because, well, it would be against HIPAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member