Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
KF5X26QVOJBDPHR4C2D7I245FA.jpg

AUBURN, Ala. (WTVM) - The Auburn Police Division is asking the public for assistance locating a missing woman.

19-year-old Aniah Haley Blanchard reportedly last communicated with a friend on Wednesday, Oct. 23, just before midnight.

More at Auburn police searching for missing 19-year-old woman

Her fb Aniah Blanchard

AL - Aniah Blanchard media, maps, timelines *no discussion,23 Oct 2019

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Statewide task force searching for missing Homewood teenager

"You have an opportunity to really do something positive with this and that’s let Aniah’s family know where she is and what’s happened to her and that’s the right thing to do. Be a man and do what’s right,” Hughes said.

This sounds to me like he knows who he’s talking to.

"You have an opportunity to really do something positive with this and that’s let Aniah’s family know where she is and what’s happened to her and that’s the right thing to do. Be a man and do what’s right,” Hughes said.

Sure does. Sounds like he's trying hard to be as nice about it as he can. Which would be REALLY hard for me

I agree. My gut tells me he is talking to someone young: "Be a man," and someone who is otherwise a good person: "You have an opportunity to do something positive with this." I'm feeling like this is not a bottom-feeding criminal he's talking to. On the other hand, if it is a young person, and one who may have never before committed a crime, that doesn't explain for me why so many agencies are involved.

I agree. My gut tells me he is talking to someone young: "Be a man," and someone who is otherwise a good person: "You have an opportunity to do something positive with this." I'm feeling like this is not a bottom-feeding criminal he's talking to. On the other hand, if it is a young person, and one who may have never before committed a crime, that doesn't explain for me why so many agencies are involved.
Typically when there a lot of agencies involved its because there is data being collected across jurisdictions, or they need specialized equipment or skills to evaluate the data they are collecting. My guess is they have hours of footage from dozens of cameras as well as phone records from both our victim and at least one other person. They have DNA, fingerprints, electronic data from the car.

I agree with your interpretation of the investigator's message, but it also sounds very familiar to the message that the Chief of Birmingham Police delivered several days before Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney's body was found. He was essentially pleading for one person to come forward and do the right thing. And in that case, the accused perpetrator, Patrick Stallworth, was already known to investigators. In fact, he was out on bail at the time and being watched very closely.

Here's the link to the press conference I'm referring to in Birmingham:

Last edited:
This is reminding me of Mollie Tibbetts and that press conference where a similar plea was made. still hoping for her.

In the interview with the former FBI agent, he commented that in the gas station video, Aniah looks preoccupied, or "as if something profound has happened." I noticed that she looks down and over her shoulder, as if she is checking to see if she's being followed. Anyone else think this?

I edited out the rest of this message - no factual basis for my comment.

Last edited:
In the interview with the former FBI agent, he commented that Aniah looks disturbed in the video in the gas station, and I agree - she looks down and over her shoulder, as if she is checking to see if she's being followed.

And who stops late at night, on their way home to bed, to get cash? She had to go to her nannying job the next day, and that meant driving the kids to school, after which she could probably stop at an ATM if she needed cash. That is something that does not make sense to me.

Just catching up on this thread so I haven't got around to reading everything that has come before this thread. What time did she stop to pull out cash. How late was it really?

In the interview with the former FBI agent, he commented that Aniah looks disturbed in the video in the gas station, and I agree - she looks down and over her shoulder, as if she is checking to see if she's being followed.

And who stops late at night, on their way home to bed, to get cash? She had to go to her nannying job the next day, and that meant driving the kids to school, after which she could probably stop at an ATM if she needed cash. That is something that does not make sense to me.

I haven't seen any evidence that Aniah stopped to get cash.

He said she looked deep in thought.
She didnt stop for cash. She stopped and used her card to buy chips.

I found it interesting that the former FBI agent read Aniah's body language/facial expression inside Chevron as "not normal," in the sense of him perceiving she was deep in thought/preoccupied. I think he was inferring that it looked like something was troubling her. I've viewed that Chevron clip several times, and it always goes too fast - but I've always gotten the feeling that she was tired/very low-key. It's one of the reasons I didn't sense she was gung-ho to meet some new "Eric" person.

I know that video is just a small snippet to draw any conclusions from, but it got me thinking...Did she receive a call or message/read a SM post while at the funeral that upset her/put her in an upset or serious frame of mind? Was something deeply troubling her -- an issue she knew she needed to resolve with someone? This would be simpatico with what her stepfather (I believe it was him) said about her seeming so "tired" at the funeral -- he was concerned enough that he wanted her brother to drive them back. Being down or drained can look like simply "tired."

Also, when arriving home, was she meeting up with a person known to her, to resolve whatever issue was troubling her -- but she wanted to keep it to herself? Did she type the Eric message, but it sounds really off because she really had an entirely different situation she was attending to that evening?

She apparently stopped for chips, not cash. Her mom says it was her routine to have chips every night before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa