TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm allowed to say this since I'm not verified, but I'm texting with my LE friend and he said the perp was pulled over two weeks ago by one of them at the Park and they found video so they have his license plate and drivers license.

ETA: my friend was the one who went through the video to pull the info
Was this around the time the Butlers went missing?

No wonder LE said they believed he was local.

Last edited:
Maybe there are more than two people and someone has his vehicle? Drove it off the beach that night?
I'm trying to fathom what this crime was all about. If he has a vehicle himself...what did they want from the Butlers? Theft of the truck and RV for what?

Now he's in Mexico and where do they go from there? His photo is all over the news - even here in the Philly area.

I'm trying to fathom what this crime was all about. If he has a vehicle himself...what did they want from the Butlers? Theft of the truck and RV for what?

Now he's in Mexico and where do they go from there? His photo is all over the news - even here in the Philly area.
Maybe they are drug addicts and saw a way to make some quick cash. Maybe they stole the Butler's bank and credit cards too. I was wrong in my guess it was cartel related. I was suspecting the Butlers got in the way of a drug transaction or something, and they were dispatched, their property stolen. Well, that still might actually have happened, except with this meth-head Bonnie and Clyde rather than a gang. If something like that happened, it's is not the first time drug-adled murderers hightailed it across the border. I am thinking of Colton Pitonyak. Which is as hysterical as it is tragic - I can't think of anything dumber than going to Mexico with an RV.

Maybe they are drug addicts and saw a way to make some quick cash. Maybe they stole the Butler's bank and credit cards too. I was wrong in my guess it was cartel related. I was suspecting the Butlers got in the way of a drug transaction or something, and they were dispatched, their property stolen. Well, that still might actually have happened, except with this meth-head Bonnie and Clyde rather than a gang. If something like that happened, it's is not the first time drug-adled murderers hightailed it across the border. I am thinking of Colton Pitonyak. Which is as hysterical as it is tragic - I can't think of anything dumber than going to Mexico with an RV.
I suppose you are correct. It comes down to wanting the vehicles for a cash sale. Would the truck and RV be marketable in Mexico? And would they be marketable anywhere now, related as they are to a double murder and theft?

I suppose you are correct. It comes down to wanting the vehicles for a cash sale. Would the truck and RV be marketable in Mexico? And would they be marketable anywhere now, related as they are to a double murder and theft?
Truck absolutely, though desperate anglo sellers would probably have to accept alot less than market value. The RV not so much. Though I have not been to Mexico recently, Mexican owned RVs were exceedingly rare when I used to travel to Mexico.

In fact, the only locally owned RVs that I saw were owned by Mexican carnival operators and a group of people that a gas station employee identified as being 'gypsies' (possibly Mexican as well- then again, are there Mexican gypsies?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo