AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Sunday a small group of volunteers scoured the woods in Bridgeton, New Jersey for clues in the disappearance of Dulce Maria Alavez. The 5-year-old was kidnapped from a city park on Sept. 16.

The woman who organized Sunday’s search says the family has received messages to search near the river for Dulce.

Dulce’s family is planning a march next weekend to the police station to keep Dulce’s name and face fresh in people’s minds.

Volunteers Continue Search For Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez

This is so sad. The poor family needs help from people experienced with searches to assist them. Social media commentary about the case is an absolute mess. Dulce is getting lost in the discussions of psychics, attention seeking, law enforcement blaming and judging the family.

IMO this case will remain unsolved.

I agree it is very sad..I have seen to many searches to count but the previous Sunday, I watched the search video i seen the cold rain,I heard the wind blowing,watching them carefully stepping around the wooded area. I felt so sad and anxious for them, a search has not really impacted me in that way..I wanted to shout and say "where is their help" somebody please come help them. I pray this family finds some answers soon it is heartbreaking.moo

FYI
I live about an hour and a half from where she was abducted. I was running errands on Saturday on Route 9 in the Old Bridge area and there was a big billboard about Dulce. Was glad to see her still being talked about in a big way.

The next plan of action is a march on Nov. 17 through Bridgeton, she said. The march is for the family as they are upset with the lack of support from the city.

“They have not gotten any help whatsoever from the city of Bridgeton,” she said. “No one has reached out to them to offer them any help with the searches or any help with any kind of therapy, anything a community can offer a family in need of assistance with a situation like this.”

Rodriguez said the march will start on Irving Avenue. She did not know what time the march will start.
Third search for Dulce finds nothing; march scheduled

It says the city of Bridgeton/Cumberland county hasn't offered anything in terms of assistance during searches, or therapy.

Did the family or the spokeswoman for the family request any of those things recently, I wonder?
Id be interested to know if they requested those things and had been turned down as the march info seems to imply it's about not being offered these things. Before organizing citizens to join in a march at a future date, why not at least ask first today?

The next plan of action is a march on Nov. 17 through Bridgeton, she said. The march is for the family as they are upset with the lack of support from the city.

“They have not gotten any help whatsoever from the city of Bridgeton,” she said. “No one has reached out to them to offer them any help with the searches or any help with any kind of therapy, anything a community can offer a family in need of assistance with a situation like this.”

Rodriguez said the march will start on Irving Avenue. She did not know what time the march will start.
Third search for Dulce finds nothing; march scheduled

I can’t helpbut feel like LE must know something more that is keeping them from an all-out support of this case, as LE usually does provide much more guidance in most other missing children cases.

Otherwise, this LE would certainly seem callous.

MOO.

It says the city of Bridgeton/Cumberland county hasn't offered anything in terms of assistance during searches, or therapy.

Did the family or the spokeswoman for the family request any of those things recently, I wonder?
Id be interested to know if they requested those things and had been turned down as the march info seems to imply it's about not being offered these things. Before organizing citizens to join in a march at a future date, why not at least ask first today?

The spokesperson made a post about it on the FB page that she runs for the family. I think it’s a case of her inexperience. She has never dealt with a missing person’s case and doesn’t know about normal procedure. It seems that she feels various community agencies should have called the family or her to offer food, clothing or start a fundraising campaign. None of the complaints seem to be about Dulce’s case. I don’t think she realizes that a family has to call and request assistance.

Seems... Not counter-productive, that isn't the right word, but if I understand correctly the message they are trying to send and what they hope to accomplish as a result, (which I'm not sure I do?) It seems like it might be a strange approach to accomplish what they want to accomplish.

By "the city of Bridgeton" are they referring to City Officials, LE, or their fellow citizens/residents or all of the above? Who are they appealing to specifically?

Is the march to share their anger? disappointment? sadness? about the lack of services offered by the city? The citizens? Local business owners? What is the point or the message of the march?

Without having a full understanding of these things it seems as if they're marching because they are upset that the city/their fellow citizens aren't doing enough for them/offering them the things they want/need, and are hoping that in marching to show their dislike for the city/it's citizens not offering them help that the citizens will then in turn happily offer them the help & assistance they want/need?

I think without set specifics, there's way too much room for residents to view the march this way:

We are mad that you aren't doing anything for us, City of Bridgeton. But City of Bridgeton, please offer us the following things:

I can see why that double message might not be well-received by locals.
Dont bite the hand right before you ask it to feed you, so to speak. Just let it know you need to eat. Don't bite first.

Last edited:
The spokesperson made a post about it on the FB page that she runs for the family. I think it’s a case of her inexperience. She has never dealt with a missing person’s case and doesn’t know about normal procedure. It seems that she feels various community agencies should have called the family or her to offer food, clothing or start a fundraising campaign. None of the complaints seem to be about Dulce’s case. I don’t think she realizes that a family has to call and request assistance.
I think you’re right. I think she was great to step up to help the family in their time of need but what they really need is someone with experience working with missing persons cases. Someone who knows the ins and outs of navigating these cases and who doesn’t point fingers at LE and other entities. That’s not going to help a thing. I’m sure the family has been assigned a victim’s advocate. They should be using that person and whatever resources they can provide.

From what I understand, and I could be wrong, is that she (the helper/spokesperson) was upset because hardly anyone showed up for the search on Sunday and when they were handing out fliers there were several people who were not even aware that there was a little girl missing so because of that they (I am guessing the helper and family?) feel like law enforcement is not doing enough to get Dulce's face out there.

I agree on that aspect. I know that every case is different and every law enforcement agency is different but there has not been a peep from any government entity in Bridgeton, even if it is just to let people know that they are still actively working Dulces case and for people to continue to call in tips if they know something. At this point I would be happy with a quick acknowledgement that they are still alive and kicking because it seems like law enforcement just disappeared.

Every law enforcement agency is different. Communities and how they support each other are different. Some will rally around their own and provide endless support. Others, not so much.

And sometimes, no matter how much law enforcement and the media spread the word, it doesn't matter. Awareness of a case is only as good as folks being on the receiving end & paying attention. People are busy and not everyone is as attuned to missing children cases, like we are.

Seems... Not counter-productive, that isn't the right word, but if I understand correctly the message they are trying to send and what they hope to accomplish as a result, (which I'm not sure I do?) It seems like it might be a strange approach to accomplish what they want to accomplish.

By "the city of Bridgeton" are they referring to City Officials, LE, or their fellow citizens/residents or all of the above? Who are they appealing to specifically?

Is the march to share their anger? disappointment? sadness? about the lack of services offered by the city? The citizens? Local business owners? What is the point or the message of the march?

Without having a full understanding of these things it seems as if they're marching because they are upset that the city/their fellow citizens aren't doing enough for them/offering them the things they want/need, and are hoping that in marching to show their dislike for the city/it's citizens not offering them help that the citizens will then in turn happily offer them the help & assistance they want/need?

I think without set specifics, there's way too much room for residents to view the march this way:

We are mad that you aren't doing anything for us, City of Bridgeton. But City of Bridgeton, please offer us the following things:

I can see why that double message might not be well-received by locals.
Dont bite the hand right before you ask it to feed you, so to speak. Just let it know you need to eat. Don't bite first.
If it was my child missing, and I thought not enough was being done, I’d be setting the world on fire. And if that community/city is callous enough to remove assistance for a missing 5 year old girl out of spite because they didn’t like a march, then it sounds like the family was right all along. MOO

Somebody could be keeping Dulce alive...doing God only knows what. Whoever has her can see there is really nothing going on. There is no media blitz, like no one is coming after them. They have no fear & could be showing Dulce that “no one cares” :( I feel physically ill just thinking about it. It’s like a ghost town! Only a handful of people (mostly her family) are even attempting to do anything about finding Dulce & I am furious! As a mother, I’d feel so incredibly helpless if my own community, stayed silent while my child was missing!! I don’t even want to imagine what Dulce’s family is feeling:(
Praying for Dulce everyday❤️
MOO

I wished i lived there because i would march right along with them, what more can they do to ask for help in finding their baby girl? They called the police,they have went on social media and the news to announce the days and times they were searching asking for volunteers,they have did interviews both mom and grandma crying and pleading.We have seen community's come out in large numbers even when the parents are guilty in some cases and not searching or asking for help,because they know the child needs to be found. Community's have created fb pages and organized searches to assist in finding the child but not in this case.I would think parents at Dulce school,or local churches,volunteers fire department or search and rescue groups would step up to help this family when they see them standing in the rain with a handful of searches asking for people to come out.. all this is moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500