Found Deceased NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"After a brief adjournment, defence lawyer Ian Brookie makes his opening address the jury.

"The defence says to you: This is not a murder," he said.

This was a "perfectly ordinary, sexual encounter" between a young couple who had met on Tinder, enjoying each other's company.

The pair got on really well, they went back to his place and they had sex. So far, this is a very ordinary Saturday night.

What sets the night apart, he said, was that Grace died as a result of an act that they had consensually engaged in.

The act was the restriction of her neck."

Grace Millane murder trial: British backpacker and alleged killer met on Tinder

"After a brief adjournment, defence lawyer Ian Brookie makes his opening address the jury.

"The defence says to you: This is not a murder," he said.

This was a "perfectly ordinary, sexual encounter" between a young couple who had met on Tinder, enjoying each other's company.

The pair got on really well, they went back to his place and they had sex. So far, this is a very ordinary Saturday night.

What sets the night apart, he said, was that Grace died as a result of an act that they had consensually engaged in.

The act was the restriction of her neck."

His actions afterwards show what nonsense this is imo

"Brookie continued by telling the jury the actions of the accused after Grace's death was not an issue.

"He admitted to the police he did these things," Brookie said. These events were unlikely to help jury members with what happened earlier, he said.

Brookie said his actions after Grace died only showed what a young man did when he was confronted with a shocking and unexpected death.

"In that time, some people act badly and don't act responsibly. Sometimes, motivated by the fear they wont be believed," he said."

Grace's father, David Millane's evidence was read to the jury in court.

He describes a "gregarious, outgoing" young woman who was extremely close to her family, who knew her as "Gracey".

She was the youngest of three children, and he said they were all very good at sharing banter and keeping in touch regularly.

Grace had lived with her parents in the same house since she was 9 years old.

When she died, she was travelling in New Zealand as a part of her one-year OE.

Before arriving in New Zealand, she had been to South America - on a group tour she had organised. Many of the places she visited followed in the footsteps of her mother's previous walks there - a mother she was very close and "good friends" with, the statement read.

David Millane said Grace had no mental health issues, and he had never known her to be hospitalised.

Grace had ended a long-term relationship before she left her home in Essex, but the breakup was amicable.

In terms of her dating online, he had no real knowledge of it, but said children were unlikely to tell their parents everything.

Grace Millane murder trial: British backpacker died after sex with alleged killer she met on Tinder

Well. That is some truly disturbing information. I am utterly stunned that the defendant has the gall to plead guilty and put Grace’s family through this trial. Her poor family.

The Guardian has reported that she was strangled to death during sex in which the jury was asked to decide if they thought that was an act of murder or an act of accidental death by accident.

The only way I could envisage the former is if she was wearing a kinky collar or something and it became too tight. If it was, she surely would asked them to stop and she would have untied whatever it was around her neck with her hands to free herself.

In any case, her face would have started to turn pale/blue as she was suffocating:- and he would have known far before that.

The idea she could have been killed by accident, is I think, nonsense. I cannot think how that could happen to her in a hotel room. They were starting to have sex, and she asked him to stop, but he carried on, started to rape her, she attacked him, so he got angry and cut off her airpipe.

If it was accidental, why try and wash your hands of the evidence?. The postmortem results would have cleared you.

Grace Millane murder trial: New Zealand court hears details of how UK backpacker died | New Zealand | The Guardian

Last edited:
The Guardian has reported that she was strangled to death during sex in which the jury was asked to decide if they thought that was an act of murder or an act of accidental death by accident.

The only way I could envisage the former is if she was wearing a kinky collar or something and it became too tight. If it was, she surely would asked them to stop and she would have untied whatever it was around her neck with her hands to free herself.

In any case, her face would have started to turn pale/blue as she was suffocating:- and he would have known far before that.

The idea she could have been killed by accident, is I think, nonsense. I cannot think how that could happen to her in a hotel room. They were starting to have sex, and she asked him to stop, but he carried on, started to rape her, she attacked him, so he got angry and cut off her airpipe.

If it was accidental, why try and wash your hands of the evidence?. The postmortem results would have cleared you.

Grace Millane murder trial: New Zealand court hears details of how UK backpacker died | New Zealand | The Guardian
Agree. This whole thing reeks of a lame excuse. The fact that he watched *advertiser censored*, took intimate photos of Grace’s body and went on a tinder date with another girl while Grace’s body was in his room speaks volumes about his state of mind after he killed her.

Also, what a coincidence that the "game" apparently included being restrained, according to bruising on the poor girl's chest and arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMD