TX - James, 48 & Michelle Butler, 46, driving RV to Fort Lauderdale from Corpus Christi, 14 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic news that somebody was identified! I saw it on the ABC scroll screen and scared my husband by screaming. I couldn't keep up when the thread got so fast, but my goodness, I'm as happy as I can be considering the circumstances. I honestly had put the chances of identification of a suspect at around 5%. Now I need to go back and read....

So, I think my original thought of someone stealing the rv to live in might just be correct... I don't know how anything works in Mexico, but surely a blond tattooed man with a woman and child showing up in a camper can be found if the news can be spread far and wide. The people of Mexico deserve better than to have this garbage living among them. Hopefully the pair will be caught soon before they do something else evil.

So, I think my original thought of someone stealing the rv to live in might just be correct... I don't know how anything works in Mexico, but surely a blond tattooed man with a woman and child showing up in a camper can be found if the news can be spread far and wide. The people of Mexico deserve better than to have this garbage living among them. Hopefully the pair will be caught soon before they do something else evil.

That area of Mexico is full of small villages and towns. Their route through northern Mexico is one not well-traveled by Americans going to the central or eastern beach areas. I think the stolen truck and large trailer will really stand out and people in these small towns WILL notice.

They won't be able to hide out long. They'll need to get provisions.

Maybe a generous reward well advertised in that area would hasten the process.

It's only a matter of time.

That area of Mexico is full of small villages and towns. Their route through northern Mexico is one not well-traveled by Americans going to the central or eastern beach areas. I think the stolen truck and large trailer will really stand out and people in these small towns WILL notice.

Tick tock. Can’t WAIT to see the title change to ARRESTS!

ETA: @BlkMtnGirl , and like you said, hopefully they will be caught before they commit more atrocities.

I’m concerned they may be looking to find other dwellings. More on that later, hopefully we will see “ARRESTS” any minute now.

Hopefully they are just chilling along the route in a no reception zone still.

Reading back on this post from page 1...if this had only been the case. :(

I keep thinking about their family members, what they must be feeling right now. Just horrific.

I’m still catching up on some posts, but one thing that came to my mind as I was falling asleep last night is this:

With James being a military veteran, and perhaps also “road smart” being a seasoned RV traveler, I’m guessing he may have smelled “convict” and “danger” on him right away and maybe knew they were in trouble but everything happened too fast before he could get his gun, assuming he had one..... It’s possible imo that this male individual exhibited speech, etc. which reeked of “ex-convict” and “trouble” but they were likely overtaken so quickly with a weapon before James was able to get the upper hand, unfortunately. Of course we are not sure at this time how and where exactly they were ambushed (that I’ve seen, sorry still catching up). There are a few ways this could have gone down as we know but whatever happened it must’ve happened fast if James wasn’t able to get his gun, assuming he had one.

Last edited:

One thing that concerns me about them being sighted/found...It's already been
about 2 1/2 weeks since they were videoed crossing the border. Maybe it's not being discussed, but I would hope there have been sightings since then. That's a big head start. IMO

about 2 1/2 weeks since they were videoed crossing the border. Maybe it's not being discussed, but I would hope there have been sightings since then. That's a big head start. IMO

I've been thinking the same. It's worrisome.

I wonder if they will attempt to contact friends or family in the states - maybe be traced in that manner? It's doubtful but gotta have hope something happens.

Anyone that could potentially come in contact with these individuals is in danger. Hoping for a quick and safe take down. Trying not to think about the cats. :( Anxiously awaiting updates. We know there is a serious MANHUNT (and WomanHunt) underway. I’m surprised this thread isn’t getting more traffic, but I think a lot of members are in Kelsey Berreth’s trial thread.

Last edited:
Anyone that could potentially come in contact with these individuals is in danger. Hoping for a quick and safe take down. Trying not to think about the cats. :( Anxiously awaiting updates. We know there is a serious MANHUNT (and WomanHunt) underway. I’m surprised this thread isn’t getting more traffic, but I think a lot of members are in Kelsey Berreth’s trial thread.

I honestly refresh this thread multiple times a day hoping I'll see an ARREST tag pop up.

They could’ve unlawfully taken refuge in a residence, “home-invasion style” which is worrisome, moo.

The female passenger has tatoos all over her arms and chest. And lots of black eye makeup.

That will get a lot of unfavorable notice in Mexico.

LE is going to find them hanging out at biker bars

i have tattoos and wear make up in Mexico and no one cares.

however i get the feeling this guy is possibly ABish and will act disdainfully of the natives and that will garner negative attn.

Last edited:
I honestly refresh this thread multiple times a day hoping I'll see an ARREST tag pop up.
Me too!... Keep praying for an arrest...
My thoughts are with their family...
Hope they have a way to track the suspects phones, or the victims stolen vehicles, with pings... Plus post it all over the news networks in Mexico; offer reward...
Did they locate the vehicle the suspects originally had in the park, with Utah plates?
If so was it stolen? Appears if they were in search of an apartment it looks like they could have viewed this as a good opportunity to get their trailer and move right in... probably stocked with food, and necessities they were lacking, and did not want to work for... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member