CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point being she was friends with one of the most prolific serial killers ever and didn't know it.

That's the scariest thing about psychopaths. They look like people.

A neighbor, a teacher, a priest, a rancher, a nurse... your friend Joe from work...

Looking at them through a wide angle lens it seems obvious something is off, but, if you meet one, engage in conversation, or what have you, it can be easy to miss the forest for the trees.

I'm sure pf's dating profile looked really great. It likely didn't say:

"Handsome Psychopath lives on Franch with mommy, beats animals,
dependent on but hates women, works at separating people from their better judgement, seeking to add teeth to growing collection."

Actually CC said PF already HAD custody. Not true.

Cline blames the media for spreading inaccurate information since Berreth’s disappearance hit national news as a missing person case in early December. He said the media has incorrectly portrayed Frazee as a bad guy.

“I’m shocked and annoyed at how people are acting,” he said. “There’s been no evidence presented so far. He’s an all-around nice guy and a good dad.”

Contrary to what has been reported, Cline said Frazee was the primary caretaker of the couple’s baby, Kaylee, who is now about 16 months old.

“He’s been raising the little girl since she was born,” Cline said. “Kelsey (Berreth) had visitation, and he had custody.”

The Gazette could not confirm the custodial arrangements of the couple’s child through court documents.

Friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher; possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed
Doesn’t contradict what I said. The man was responding to questions based on lies that PF told him. I don’t think most people who have done business with someone could just immediately jump on a bandwagon that the guy is a monster. It’s hard to believe someone you’ve rubbed shoulders with is so evil, until all doubt is removed.

I once did business for a guy who later got into drugs and poor choices in friends. He helped kidnap and kill two people. He was later executed. I had trouble believing he was capable of doing what he did, even though he confessed.

KK was at home near Hansen most of the day with her Dad and working at the hospital in Twin Falls? The next day she was in Hansen with her Dad, working in Twin Falls, trading vehicles in Jerome, and taking off for Colorado? That girl sure gets around, and quickly, too IMO
No.
  • KK worked the day before Thanksgiving.
  • She spent Thanksgiving with her family, including her father.
  • She was at work the day after Thanksgiving.
  • After work, she traded vehicles and left for Colorado.
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
From #PatrickFrazee murder trial today:
-Cadaver dog handlers say what their dogs hit on at Nash Ranch/#KelseyBerreth’s condo
-Security dir. of hospital where #KrystalKenney works shows she was at work day before/after T-giving
-Her father testified T-giving w/ her
Story coming!
10:21 AM - 8 Nov 2019 from Colorado, USA

I'm super curious to hear what the Idaho Hospital Security Officer had to say... If there's any indication that certain meds went missing around the time that she was supposed to have offered spiked Starbucks, that'd render her plea deal null and void, would it not? That said, I suspect it would have been addressed in reporters' updates if so. Still holding out hope that we'll catch a significant slip-up that'll allow full prosecution of the creature.
Why would prosection call Idaho Hospital Security to the stand to testify about missing Rx? They were called here to confirm KK dates she was at work.

He stated what he observed. And we also don’t get to know the context of the questions he was answering. He may have been asked a leading question like, “Did you see PF with the baby? What were his interactions with her like?”

I’m in journalism myself and know all too well that a story ends up being shaped as much by how questions are framed as by how they are answered.
Well it's all from the horses mouth, or shall I say Donkey?
You can feel bad for him,make excuses all day.
It doesn't change the fact of what he said. He did in fact disparage Kelsey. Saying she's disappeared before,blah,blah,blah. Real nice guy. Bash the victim.
MOO

No way is the prosecution offering PF a deal. They have him dead to rights. If anything, PF's public defenders are begging him to let them approach the State with an offer and he's too stupid to listen. All MOO, of course.
But they don’t have a body. There may not be a body to find, but what if there is one? And what if the Berreths ask for it and are willing for a slightly reduced sentence in exchange? If I had the chance to maybe recover my loved one’s remains in such a deal, I’d at least think about it.

Interested in some of you attorneys’ thoughts on this. Considering the timing and prospects for a plea deal, wouldn’t the best chance of that be upcoming once the prosecution rests its case and before the defense begins theirs? I think that’s when the state goes to PF’s attorney and says, “Ok you’ve seen what we’ve got and you know how damaging it is. It’s now or never for a plea deal.” And the attorney is going to be most amenable to consider it at this point because it’s going to save him a lot of work. PF could still refuse, but I think the attorney would really be putting the hard sell on him.

What do y’all think? Plea deal after prosecution rests?

So

The state is required to disclose all of the evidence to the defense before the trial even starts.

Well it's all from the horses mouth, or shall I say Donkey?
You can feel bad for him,make excuses all day.
It doesn't change the fact of what he said. He did in fact disparage Kelsey. Saying she's disappeared before,blah,blah,blah. Real nice guy. Bash the victim.
MOO
Don’t confuse fact with subjective opinion. It is your subjective opinion that he “disparaged” or “bashed” KB. Not fact. And it is my opinion that he did not. How about we leave it at that?

But they don’t have a body. There may not be a body to find, but what if there is one? And what if the Berreths ask for it and are willing for a slightly reduced sentence in exchange? If I had the chance to maybe recover my loved one’s remains in such a deal, I’d at least think about it.
They could bring in custody as well, so the Berreth's never have to worry about him trying to see the baby now or ever.

Don’t confuse fact with subjective opinion. It is your subjective opinion that he “disparaged” or “bashed” KB. Not fact. And it is my opinion that he did not. How about we leave it at that?
Yeah OK. So going on national Television,and alluding that she's disappeared before as if she's a druggie is not victim bashing.

Doesn’t contradict what I said. The man was responding to questions based on lies that PF told him. I don’t think most people who have done business with someone could just immediately jump on a bandwagon that the guy is a monster. It’s hard to believe someone you’ve rubbed shoulders with is so evil, until all doubt is removed.

I once did business for a guy who later got into drugs and poor choices in friends. He helped kidnap and kill two people. He was later executed. I had trouble believing he was capable of doing what he did, even though he confessed.

It absolutely contradicts what you said. Age of Aquarius was correct in his or her post, you responded that it was inaccurate.

Understand your point though. Difference is - you were surprised by what you learned about the guy you did business with, but you probably didn’t have your name printed in media extolling his virtues.

NOV 8, 2019
Frazee trial: K-9 handlers say dogs hit on items tied to murder
[...]

... But prosecutors started the day by having two K-9 handlers testify, both of whom said their dogs hit on items at different locations that were involved in the murder plot.

[...]

Court started at 8:30 a.m. Friday, with Judge Scott Sells reminding the court that it will not be in session Monday because of Veterans Day. Fourth Judicial District Attorney Dan May then picked up with questioning.

JN, who co-owns Nash Ranch, told May that she leased grazing rights to Frazee and that he had a lease for the area, including the barn, as well as a key to the ranch, in November 2018. Nash said nobody else was leasing the ranch at the time and that she knew Frazee kept items in the barn, including a tractor and hay.

[...]

May then called Elizabeth Police Department Office Mike Hurst, who also previously worked for the Teller County Sheriff’s Office and who specializes working with K-9s – including bloodhounds, tracker dogs and cadaver dogs.

[...]

... Hurst said he and Radar have spent more than 5,000 hours training and have been in the field to find bodies or scents 30-40 times. Radar has never had a false hit, Hurst testified.

[...]

He said Radar sat after he smelled the hay bales again near the bottom of them, which indicated a positive hit. Hurst said he saw stains on the top of the 12-foot hay bales, so he decided to get on top of them.

Prosecutors showed a picture of the top of the hale bale taken on Dec. 21, showing indented hay that was discolored – brown or possibly dark red – and which looked wet. Hurst said that spot is where Radar indicated again once he and Hurst were atop the hay bale. May showed a video of Radar sniffing around on the hay bales and sitting by the stained area of hay. Hurst said that even though the tote had been removed from the bale months earlier, he believed Radar could still smell something there because the barn had protected the hay from weather.

[...]

May then called Brian Eberle, who has a bloodhound named Lucy and who previously worked with Jefferson County, who was asked to come out with Lucy to Woodland Park on Dec. 4, 2018. ...

[...]

... Toyota, where she gave a positive indication of a decomposing human scent on the back corner of the driver’s side. Eberle said it was possible that there could still be a scent there if there were bloody items loaded into trash bags nearby.

He said it was also possible that Lucy could pick up scents like the one she hit on if the bags were left 10 days earlier. She, like Radar, had never given a false positive, Eberle said, and was in the 90-95 percentile for accuracy.

[...]

The judge asked Eberly questions from the jury about how the bleach could have affected Lucy’s scent-finding, to which he said that they hadn’t trained with bleach before because it would be harmful.

[...]

Prosecutor Beth Reed called the senior director of the security department for the health system for which Kenney worked in Idaho to have him testify about Kenney’s badge usage at the hospital on Nov. 21 and 23. He said on Nov. 21, her schedule and movements were fairly normal, and that he had no reason to believe somebody else was using her badge.

[...]

Reed then called Kenney’s father, Sidney Kenney, to the stand. She asked him about the events surrounding Nov. 22. He said the plan was for all the family to sit down for Thanksgiving dinner in the afternoon. He said he saw both Kenney and her ex-husband that day and was at their house until around 6:30 p.m. that day. ...

... He said he saw Kenney again the evening of Nov. 23 around 7 p.m. but that she never said anything about plans for the weekend. He said he then saw her again sometime late on Nov. 25 or on Nov. 26.

[...]

... Upon cross-examination, Sidney Kenney told Stiegerwald that it was not unusual for Kenney to go to Colorado to visit her mother.

Court went into recess just before 10 a.m. and was back at 10:15 a.m.

Last edited:
Actually CC said PF already HAD custody. Not true.

Cline blames the media for spreading inaccurate information since Berreth’s disappearance hit national news as a missing person case in early December. He said the media has incorrectly portrayed Frazee as a bad guy.

“I’m shocked and annoyed at how people are acting,” he said. “There’s been no evidence presented so far. He’s an all-around nice guy and a good dad.”

Contrary to what has been reported, Cline said Frazee was the primary caretaker of the couple’s baby, Kaylee, who is now about 16 months old.

“He’s been raising the little girl since she was born,” Cline said. “Kelsey (Berreth) had visitation, and he had custody.”

The Gazette could not confirm the custodial arrangements of the couple’s child through court documents.

Friends saw Patrick Frazee as doting father and hard-working rancher; possible motive for Kelsey Berreth killing revealed
Well, that was nine months ago so he won't be able to say there is no evidence against PF now.

He will probably testify to what Frazee told him about Kelsey, and even if he still thinks PF is a good guy, at least the court will hear from another person how PF was able to fool people with his "charismatic" personality and make people believe that Kelsey was an unfit mother.

It will just be another example of how manipulative he is and it might explain why KK believed him at first when he told her the baby's life was in danger and he needed Kelsey out of the way.

Imo

Why would the head security officer of a large hospital know who was at work? Not questioning his/her word, just seems odd to me. JMOL
My guess is that the hospital had to send a rep. The head of security would be part of their legal and compliance team and would work with hospital attorneys as to what they could and could not say and how to say it. He would have reviewed security video of her at work (if there was any) and also any electronic records like employee badge swipes and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamtom