GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN

Probable Cause documents

Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Last edited:
TaxProf Blog: Latest Developments In The Dan Markel Murder Case
November 4, 2019
Latest Developments In The Dan Markel Murder Case
By Paul Caron
  • The jury voted 10-2 to convict Katherine Magbanua of first-degree murder, resulting in the mistrial
  • Katherine Magbanua retrial begins April 13 (pretrial conferences on March 17 and April 9)
  • Sigfredo Garcia is transferred to state prison and vows to exhaust every appeal of his murder conviction and life sentence: "“I plan on fighting this with every breath I have. I’m going to start with my direct appeal and continue exhausting every appeal in the book until they get so tired of seeing me they’ll give up and free me.”
  • Law Profs react to the jury's verdict: Paul Horwitz (Alabama), Orin Kerr (UC-Berkeley), Jason Solomon (Stanford), Howard Wasserman (Florida International)

TaxProf Blog: Latest Developments In The Dan Markel Murder Case
November 4, 2019
Latest Developments In The Dan Markel Murder Case
By Paul Caron
  • The jury voted 10-2 to convict Katherine Magbanua of first-degree murder, resulting in the mistrial
  • Katherine Magbanua retrial begins April 13 (pretrial conferences on March 17 and April 9)
  • Sigfredo Garcia is transferred to state prison and vows to exhaust every appeal of his murder conviction and life sentence: "“I plan on fighting this with every breath I have. I’m going to start with my direct appeal and continue exhausting every appeal in the book until they get so tired of seeing me they’ll give up and free me.”
  • Law Profs react to the jury's verdict: Paul Horwitz (Alabama), Orin Kerr (UC-Berkeley), Jason Solomon (Stanford), Howard Wasserman (Florida International)

Brief and right to the point...Good job and thanks!

forgive me if this was already mentioned, but do you find it bizarre that on the day of the murder Wendi was called into the police interview wearing an OWL T-Shirt? LOL Just too weird

Police Release Videotape Of Wendi Adelson Learning Of Husband’s Murder
No, but I find it bizarre that when Wendi called her mother to tell her that Danny had been shot, her mother did not respond, “What happened?” Her mother merely said, “I’m coming”; there were no questions about how/why Danny was killed. Highly unusual behavior, IMO.

No, but I find it bizarre that when Wendi called her mother to tell her that Danny had been shot, her mother did not respond, “What happened?” Her mother merely said, “I’m coming”; there were no questions about how/why Danny was killed. Highly unusual behavior, IMO.
Surprised the mother did not respond to the news by saying WHO?

forgive me if this was already mentioned, but do you find it bizarre that on the day of the murder Wendi was called into the police interview wearing an OWL T-Shirt? LOL Just too weird

Police Release Videotape Of Wendi Adelson Learning Of Husband’s Murder

Surprised the mother did not respond to the news by saying WHO?

:)LOL @dotr that was a hoot. I just had to add a visual.:p

@dizzychick I am impressed with your vision....it's like an owls.
funny_who_owl_cartoon_card-rd2ba684a86704082a4331991fb348a60_xvuat_8byvr_512.jpg

I'm so glad he's providing these videos - giving us a great deal of info. And, I don't want to discourage these efforts but I swear I hear Inspector Clouseau in his accent.
I agree on the accent. LOL. These are tedious but I did glean a few interesting things from them. I went ahead and posted the next two. I think there is ONE more coming. It should be a quick short 15 page one from what ML said....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa