CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I have quite a bit of confidence that there will be even more bombshell evidence presented in the next week or so. Everything we’ve heard so far represents just HALF of the state’s case.

Good point about JM. I guess I was thinking that the DA would have gone ahead and charged PF, which would have probably brought people like JM out of the woodwork afterward if not before.

Not sure SUSAN Powell is a great example. The fact there wasn’t an arrest didn’t mean there was never going to be one. Sometimes with no body cases it causes delays before arrest, but the end result is the same. it’s interesting to ponder. Would Scott Peterson have been arrested without bodies? Maybe when this is all over, Dan May can give us some insight on how they would have proceeded without KK.
DA May might not want to share his strategy for the next genius who murders their SO and hides the body (as far as prosecution goes). I remain convinced they would not be bringing him to trial this quickly and thus protecting the baby without KK. IMO

Slagle testified that Frazee started building timeline after consulting with his attorney. Slagle wasn’t present for Frazee’s convo with attorney, though. (CONTEXT: Slagle didn’t identify attorney, but we know Frazee had different attorney than now.)

Lance Benzel on Twitter
SLAGLE.

FINALLY. SLAGLE.

WHAT ELSE DID HE SAY?

Last edited:
Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

NEW: investigators in #KelseyBerreth case showed us pictures of floor board they ripped up from her condo floor allegedly where she was killed. They showed how in between the floor boards you can see what appears to be blood that seeped through the floor boards.
@KKTV11News

Ashley Franco
@AshleyKKTV

If you remember in opening statements the defense said there was no evidence that the crime happened in her condo. Today the investigator said they collected about a dozen pieces of floor board with what appeared to be blood in the sides.
@KKTV11News
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Ahemmmm.

CBI evidence tech Tonya Aktinson described searches in Woodland Park and Teller County after Lee confessed her involvement. Those searches turned up new evidence: Blood spots on walls, fireplace and baby gate. Under floor boards. Cleaning marks on couch cushions and picture frame

Lance Benzel on Twitter

Frazee trial: Coworkers say Kenney seemed sad after CO trip

Posted: 11:17 AM, Nov 12, 2019

Updated: 10:43 AM, Nov 12, 2019
By: Stephanie Butzer | Denver 7 and Sam Kraemer | KOAA

CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. — Two people who worked alongside Krystal Lee Kenney in Idaho said Kenney appeared "sad," "quiet" and "resigned" when she returned to work after she allegedly cleaned up a murder scene in Colorado.

[...]

Court began at 8:35 a.m. Tuesday. First, the state called Delynn Bird, who worked with Kenney as a nurse at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Hospital in the recovery room.

She said Kenney doesn’t work at the hospital anymore and that they didn’t socialize outside of work.

Prosecutor Beth Reed asked if she had heard of Frazee, and Bird said she had, but not until she started seeing the media coverage of this case. Kenney never talked about Frazee at work, she said.

[...]

She said she knew Kenney left to go to Colorado on Nov. 23, 2018 — the day after the alleged murder — because a coworker had to pick up Kenney’s shift.

She didn’t see Kenney again until Nov. 28, when she came into work on 7 p.m., Bird said. She noted that Kenney looked tired.

[...]

Bird asked about Berreth’s cell phone and Kenney shrugged. Bird said she didn’t know if this meant she was involved or not.

Kenney appeared “flat” and “resigned,” Bird said, which was not typical for her.

[...]

The state called another nurse, Allyson Wright, to the witness stand next. She also works at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Hospital and filled in for Kenney’s shift on Nov. 24, 2018.

[...]

On Nov. 23, Wright saw Kenney in the recovery room, and Kenney verified Wright would cover her shift and thanked her for doing so.

The next time Wright said she remembered seeing Kenney was Dec. 26. That day, she said Kenney “didn’t look good" and it appeared that something was wrong. She’s normally happy and talkative, Wright said, and that day she seemed sad and quiet. When she asked if Kenney was OK, she was quiet before shaking her head and saying, “no.” Kenney said she had gotten into a bad situation.

[...]

Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman asked if Wright was trained in cleaning up bodily fluids, and Wright said she was, but there is no formal training other than “cleaning it all up.” She said they don’t use bleach to clean up blood.

Wait! IIRC the recorded phone call between PF and JM mentioned the question " . . . activity around the red barn" and JM called LE and Stiegerwald after?

The call happened in February 2019. PF made it from the jail, so of course PF knew the call was recorded. It has been revealed that KK took them to the red barn on December 21, 2018 but nothing was found, and the search with the dog that discovered the black spot was after that. So PF was in jail. PF leased the barn, only he and JM had keys to it, and the hay bale with the black spot belonged to PF. I'm thinking that PF probably got served with the search warrant. JM said when he entered the barn at the time of the second search, he noticed that some alfalfa bales were missing, which was puzzling because he was the only person who should have been in the barn. PF didn't have any keys to anything after the December 14th search of his home. We've all seen the list. They took lots of keys. I'm still processing all of this information. Nothing in this case falls right into place IMO

I don't know about her actually testifying - that I haven't seen anywhere else. Just on Twitter that she was at the courthouse.

ETA:
She is not going to be testifying. I just went and confirmed that she's been watching the trial (why she was at the courthouse in the twitter post) so I'm confident she's not a witness.

It came from the facebook groups. The mother in question was posting there in the early days of the case. She even posted some of her daughter's contemporaneous diaries that detailed how PF treated her. It was pretty striking, but I'm surprised they're calling her.
Thanks for clearing that up! So sorry! I made an assumption, and we all know what happens when you assume! MOO

DA May might not want to share his strategy for the next genius who murders their SO and hides the body (as far as prosecution goes). I remain convinced they would not be bringing him to trial this quickly and thus protecting the baby without KK. IMO
Agree KK was absolutely necessary in order to bring this case to trial so quickly.

Most states not named Colorado wouldn’t bring a case to trial this quickly even if there WAS a body.

Maybe yet another, "Kids go missing from playgrounds all the time," observation by PF?

He seems to really favor the playground scenario for some reason.

He must really miss recess.

No worries, PF!

Pretty sure they'll give you 30 minutes of yard time in the hoosegow.

Maybe they'll even have a swingset.

JMO.
No baseball privileges though as we all know he can't be trusted with a bat :eek:

The 22nd is a profoundly important date.

Profoundly.

I think it's glorious that he plans to hand the case over to jury on that date.

JMO.
At least PF doesn’t have to worry about eating Thanksgiving dinner with his family while the mother of his child is in a tote in the back of his truck this year.

I guess I have quite a bit of confidence that there will be even more bombshell evidence presented in the next week or so. Everything we’ve heard so far represents just HALF of the state’s case.

Good point about JM. I guess I was thinking that the DA would have gone ahead and charged PF, which would have probably brought people like JM out of the woodwork afterward if not before.

Not sure SUSAN Powell is a great example. The fact there wasn’t an arrest didn’t mean there was never going to be one. Sometimes with no body cases it causes delays before arrest, but the end result is the same. it’s interesting to ponder. Would Scott Peterson have been arrested without bodies? Maybe when this is all over, Dan May can give us some insight on how they would have proceeded without KK.

It's worth noting that in spite of the evidence already brought forward, we have one poster who does not believe that the evidence proves the murder took place in the condo. For all we know, there is at least one like-minded juror, and at the end of the day, it's what the jury thinks that matters.

Not everyone is convinced, and the defense hasn't even mounted its own rebuttal yet.

Slagle testified that Frazee started building timeline after consulting with his attorney. Slagle wasn’t present for Frazee’s convo with attorney, though. (CONTEXT: Slagle didn’t identify attorney, but we know Frazee had different attorney than now.)

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Interesting. I wonder if attorney client privilege applies there. Since that attorney quit, and is not his defence Lawyer.

Agree KK was absolutely necessary in order to bring this case to trial so quickly.

Most states not named Colorado wouldn’t bring a case to trial this quickly even if there WAS a body.
The timeline for this trial is fast partially because PF hasn’t been asking for delays. I really think he thinks he has a shot at a not guilty verdict so he thinks the sooner the trial is over the sooner he will be home.

Attachments

• MeghanAA.JPG
    MeghanAA.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
It's worth noting that in spite of the evidence already brought forward, we have one poster who does not believe that the evidence proves the murder took place in the condo. For all we know, there is at least one like-minded juror, and at the end of the day, it's what the jury thinks that matters.

Not everyone is convinced, and the defense hasn't even mounted its own rebuttal yet.
True, but the jurors are seeing lots of evidence, such as photos, which will be far more convincing.

Lance Benzel‏ @lancebenzel
Lee’s friend, Megan Garrison, told jury she hadn’t fired gun in many months prior to lending car. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth

11:13 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Defense elicited key detail from one of Lee’s friends in Idaho. Under cross examination, woman who lent car to Krystal Lee after Thanksgiving tells jury that a bullet was missing from gun in glove box. ** ^^ bbm

11:12 AM - 12 Nov 2019

CBI evidence tech Tonya Aktinson described searches in Woodland Park and Teller County after Lee confessed her involvement. Those searches turned up new evidence: Blood spots on walls, fireplace and baby gate. Under floor boards. Cleaning marks on couch cushions and picture frame

11:12 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Joshua Hayes, Twin Falls PD officer, testified that he found charred cellphone parts in two burn areas on Lee’s property outside of Twin Falls, including a blackened circuit board, bits of broken glass and a cellphone screen protector.

11:10 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Slagle was among eight witnesses called to the stand during morning testimony. Other highlights include investigators recalling fruits of new searches conducted after Lee made confession to authorities.

11:10 AM - 12 Nov 2019

BACKGROUND: Prosecutors say Frazee’s claims about timing are plainly contradicted by surveillance images and cellphone data showing he was at Berreth’s Woodland Park townhouse four hours before arriving home, late for dinner.

11:09 AM - 12 Nov 2019

As for Berreth, #PatrickFrazee said he stopped by #KelseyBerreth’s town house briefly to pick up their daughter at parking lot of Berreth’s, Slagle said. Frazee said nothing about going inside, but didn’t deny it, either, Slagle told jury.

11:09 AM - 12 Nov 2019

On witness stand, Slagle was asked to examine handwritten timeline of Thanksgiving Day found at #PatrickFrazee’s ranch. Slagle agreed it matched Frazee’s prior claims: That Frazee spent several hours tending to cattle in Park County before going to holiday dinner.

11:08 AM - 12 Nov 2019

11:07 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Robert Stanley Slagle, who told jury he still thinks of #PatrickFrazee as friend, said Frazee wanted surveillance images proving he made bank deposit on Thanksgiving Day, all to nail down his whereabouts on holiday. We previously heard from teller who called it “odd.”

11:07 AM - 12 Nov 2019

Decadelong friend of #PatrickFrazee admits he was ‘mystery man’ who accompanied Frazee on hunt for what prosecutors called “alibi evidence” after #KelseyBerreth’s disappearance. They went to Ent Federal Credit Union together, among other places. @csgazette

11:06 AM - 12 Nov 2019

ETA: ** Gun in glove box conflicts with Reporter Sam's tweet placing gun under the seat. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulob419