CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the prosecution is heading, I no longer think we’re going to hear from SF.

I don’t know where she fits in anymore.

Well, she used to sit out in the lobby every day. Guess she, and others, have decided just no longer to show their faces in a public forum such as the courthouse.

She may have had no idea of all of the evidence and now has left the building, along with Elvis...

Re: the hay bale stain.

I don't know if the entire stain is from bodily fluids. Wasn't there snow on the ground at the time of the murder? I thought there was and it was evidence that KB's car hadn't been moved. If so, the bottom of the tote could have been wet with both bodily fluids and contact with snow and the stain could be a mix of both.

It snowed the evening of the 24th, starting about 8:00 pm. IMO

Well, she used to sit out in the lobby every day. Guess she, and others, have decided just no longer to show their faces in a public forum such as the courthouse.

She may have had no idea of all of the evidence and now has left the building, along with Elvis...
If there's a chance she "got into it" with the mother of the ex-girlfriend, she may well have been banned from the courthouse seating arrangement she'd made

Frazee trial: CBI analyst discusses possible blood on floor boards

Posted: 11:17 AM, Nov 12, 2019

Updated: 10:43 AM, Nov 12, 2019
By: Stephanie Butzer | Denver 7 and Sam Kraemer | KOAA

CRIPPLE CREEK, Colo. — Two people who worked alongside Krystal Lee Kenney in Idaho said Kenney appeared "sad," "quiet" and "resigned" when she returned to work after she allegedly cleaned up a murder scene in Colorado.

[..]

Court began at 8:35 a.m. Tuesday. First, the state called Delynn Bird, who worked with Kenney as a nurse at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Hospital in the recovery room.

She said Kenney doesn’t work at the hospital anymore and that they didn’t socialize outside of work.

[..]

She said she knew Kenney left to go to Colorado on Nov. 23, 2018 — the day after the alleged murder — because a coworker had to pick up Kenney’s shift.

She didn’t see Kenney again until Nov. 28, when she came into work on 7 p.m., Bird said. She noted that Kenney looked tired.

During the cross-examination, defense attorney Adam Stiegerwald asked for more information on the day Kenney appeared tired. Bird said she didn’t ask why she appeared that way.

[..]

The state called another nurse, Allyson Wright, to the witness stand next. She also works at St. Luke’s Magic Valley Hospital and filled in for Kenney’s shift on Nov. 24, 2018.

[...]

Wright said she recalled that Kenney told her she did what she had to do to keep herself and her kids safe, and that she feared for her safety.

That was the last time Wright saw Kenney, she said.

Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman asked if Wright was trained in cleaning up bodily fluids, and Wright said she was, but there is no formal training other than “cleaning it all up.” She said they don’t use bleach to clean up blood.

[...]

Garrison took Kenney’s truck to help her move, and Kenney would borrow her car because it was more fuel efficient.

Garrison confirmed she owns a Volkswagen Passat.

[..]

They swapped vehicles at the Jerome Walmart — which was halfway between their homes — the following evening. Garrison mentioned it was pouring rain when they exchanged cars, so their conversation was short.

Sometime on Nov. 24 or 25, they switched back at the same Walmart, Garrison said.

[...]

During a cross-examination, Stiegerwald confirmed that the Volkswagen had expired tags. He also noted that Kenney texted Garrison that she was “staying at her place” that night as an alibi in case Kenney's husband came looking for her.

Stiegerwald then asked about a gun that Garrison had in her car. She said she keeps a 9mm loaded gun under the driver’s seat in case she needs it to protect herself.

[..]

On a redirect, Viehman asked if there was any indication that the gun had been used and Garrison said no.

[...]

Draper said he was called around Dec. 15 or 16 to go to Twin Falls, Idaho to work on this case.

He conducted multiple interviews and searches in connection to this case, he said. This included helping search Kenney’s home and her cell phone, and interviewing her ex-husband, Chad Lee.

On Dec. 17, Lee told Draper that Kenney had bought a new phone only a few weeks before the interview.

[..]

On Dec. 21, Draper learned that Kenney had given Berreth’s gun — which she allegedly brought with her back to Idaho, per Frazee's request — to her high school friend Mark Pearson when she returned to Idaho from Colorado. Draper met Pearson in a parking lot in Boise, where Pearson works in construction. Draper said Pearson he had the gun zipped in a black synthetic bag with a box of ammo in the front seat of his truck. Draper took photos before collecting it. From there, it was transported to the Denver FBI office for further testing.

[..]

The next witnesses were on their way to Cripple Creek from out of town. The court took a recess at 9:38 a.m. Prosecutor Viehman said they are ahead of schedule.

JM did not come forward until the jail recorded phone call.
Plus blood is not cicumstantial. Also PF'S LEO brother testimony. It's all adding up.
Well, most evidence is circumstantial, including blood evidence. Direct evidence is when someone actually witnesses the crime or the crime is captured on video or there is a recording of someone confessing.

All the rest is circumstantial evidence.

And there is plenty in this case.

Imo

Last edited:
But..but..unknown male DNA??
You’re talking about inside the condo, right?

Did they ever take a DNA sample from Clint Berreth?

If not him, then it could have been someone who had to do repairs in the home at some point. Or, contamination from the investigation. Or maybe KB had a gentleman caller (not judging).

Yeah, I always considered her testimony unreliable. I don't recall her being asked who had access to her vehicle between the last time she verified the bullet count and when she counted them after KK had used the car. For that matter, I don't recall what prompted her to count the bullets. It seems to me that if you are a responsible firearm owner, you know how many bullets are in your firearm and who has had access to that firearm at all times.

She seemed pretty casual about it all. Who else besides KK did she trust enough to give access to her vehicle with the firearm inside?

The arrest affidavit screenshot below has the answer to your question re counting the bullets. After she saw the news etc, she checked. And yes, as you stated, she knew how many bullets were in her firearm, and she knew who had access to her firearm.

HTH.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...lication and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

Attachments

• MeghanAA.JPG
    MeghanAA.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 7

If not him, then it could have been someone who had to do repairs in the home at some point. Or, contamination from the investigation. Or maybe KB had a gentleman caller (not judging).
There was unknown male AND female DNA found in KB's bathroom. There's only one bathroom in her place -- could have been just about anybody. MOO

I was joking around. And you’re absolutely right. It’s irrelevant. But it may be all some have as the last dying gasps of the defense are uttered. And yes I say that even though they haven’t presented their case yet.

Their possible theories are being annihilated before they can be proven.

oh wow - that means there was seepage all the way around right? how horrible for her family to hear this.
IMO
I am really curious to hear about the testing done on the bale of hay. When we had horses, occasionally we would come across a bale that was black due to mold....or if we left a rubber feed bin/water bucket on a bale of hay for too long. If the tote was placed on the top of the hay bales as reported, on one specific bale of hay, and retrieved 48/72 hours later, it seems hard to think it would turn the entire top of the bale brownish/blackish from mold starting to settle due to condensation. Unless the bale was very damp to begin with and that is extremely unlikely in this case since it was at the top of the load and exposed to air. And again, it takes me back to the amount of time the tote is reported to have been there before PF/KK came and retrieved it. Not that long.

Either way, it's apparent the tote was in the barn and on that one particular hay bale. And a rubber tote with 100+lbs is a lot more than an empty rubber feeding bin or empty water bucket. So maybe it is possible that mold could have set in that early on..... but an entire top of a bale??? I pray it isn't seepage.... but mold.

Maybe that was the whole point of having her as a "possible" witness. Keep her out of that courtroom. That's "some kind" of justice :) Torture not being able to support her demon child. JMHO

Or, PF requested such. We know that the prosecution asked for SF at prelim, but we do not know if prosecution has ever really intended on calling her. iirc, we have another trial recently where the killer didn't want parents there in court and let them know such (to continue the disbelieving that their poor child was innocent after the trial)

Omg.

When Luce sought to reassure Frazee that maybe #KelseyBerreth would resurface after disappearing, he responded : “Oh she’s never coming back. That’s exactly what he said.” #PatrickFrazee @csgazette

Luce said she didn’t tell CBI about these comments during first interview bc she felt “uncomfortable” violating his confidence. Hoped she wouldn’t be involved. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

Lance Benzel on Twitter

Last edited:
He drew the short straw and got this case. I think the only thing he is hoping for is a merciful end and that no one remembers the name of PF’s trial attorney later. Lol
everyone should do a search on his past cases as a PD. he called one of his clients "crazy". i'm hoping he reflects on PF when all is said and done.

Omg.

When Luce sought to reassure Frazee that maybe #KelseyBerreth would resurface after disappearing, he responded : “Oh she’s never coming back. That’s exactly what he said.” #PatrickFrazee @csgazette

Lance Benzel on Twitter

He really did open his mouth to anyone that would listen huh?

Well...besides the police and what not. He's become mute since.

We also heard from ex-CBI fire investigator who suggested grisly cause of oil stain in dirt at #PatrickFrazee’s ranch : Oil from melted human fat. He acknowledged he can’t prove it, though. #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

That oil stain was right next to mass of melted plastic that authorities say held #KelseyBerreth’s remains. #PatrickFrazee @csgazette

Lance Benzel on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member