Found Deceased FL - Taylor Rose Williams, 5, Jacksonville, 6 Nov 2019 #3 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But... she would not be as sick as previously reported... so maybe not acetaminophen or maybe she really wasn't as sick as reported... MOO.
Acetaminophen poisoning is incredibly toxic and lethal. Most people think of it as a very safe drug which is misleading. I cared for someone with the flu once who forgot how often she took her Tylenol and took too much. We fought for her in ICU with all we had and she died. Horrible. A young mother... Acetaminophen Toxicity - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

Some neglectful, abusive or bad parents who would do this sort of thing have been losers their entire lives.

Some are successful either professionally or personally or both.

Some fall somewhere in the middle; neither successful nor unsuccessful.

Am I the only one not surprised by this or who doesn't feel there's a whole lot more to the story in terms of a "reasonable explanation" or a single event that began a clear downward spiral or someone else being involved that mom isn't willing to give up?

It's sad to see the potential of something that "could have been" thrown away, but it isn't surprising. If anything, intelligent successful parents who are respected by their family and peers can much more easily hide what type of parents they really are behind closed doors. That's how kids like Taylor fall through the cracks. Because no one suspects and everyone thinks there must be some explanation other than mom simply being just like the other awful parents we see here.

What is it? What am I missing that makes so many feel there's so much more to this? Am I thinking too naively or simply in assuming she's simply a bad parent like any other bad parent, just equipped with more resources, tools and smarts to hold up the facade to outsiders?

What is it I'm not getting or not seeing? Somebody enlighten me. (seriously, not being snarky or facetious)

I think it is human nature to try to rationalize heinous behavior. It is protective. When we accept that "bad parents" can kill their kids and we often don't have warning signs for the reasons you stated, we may feel terrified and helpless just living in this society.

I do think there is always an underlying trigger because I don't believe people can be born "bad". Genetics & environmental circumstances impact brain development and subsequent life choices. That doesn't excuse "bad" behavior, however.

Acetaminophen poisoning is incredibly toxic and lethal. Most people think of it as a very safe drug which is misleading. I cared for someone with the flu once who forgot how often she took her Tylenol and took too much. We fought for her in ICU with all we had and she died. Horrible. A young mother... Acetaminophen Toxicity - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

But it would take a bit of time to get symptomatic. It wouldn't be like a benzo overdose where you are altered within minutes. Tylenol is very lethal... but it's not a quick death. The antidote is expected to be effective if given within 8 hrs. People who accidently overdose, like your pt, are a lot more likely to die from Tylenol OD than those that take it in a suicide attempt. If taken in suicide attempt and pt does not seek help, it can take days and its extremely painful from liver injury/failure. I am so sorry to hear about your pt. So tragic! :(

I am curious to see docs that will likely be released at court today. Thankful that this is civilian criminal court and not Naval since that should mean access to info via the sunshine law. Several things I am curious about and hope to gain some info about:

The estimated time of death for little Taylor - was it weeks or months ago (I am thinking weeks)
what BW cell pings show about her trip to AL
What evidence was found at the three crime scenes (southside where I believe death occurred, Ivy residence where false report of missing child was filed, and dirt road in AL where baby girl (presumably) was located.)
BW's activities in the past several months

hoping today's court appearance and subsequent doc release will begin to answer at least a couple of these.

Sorry that the flu has hit your house with your little person. Not much happening that isn't confusing. Apparently not in the Hospital system anymore and a Court appearance today at 1 p.m.
Thank you Bravo:)
Well that’s really weird? Super fast recovery! Good...let Justice be swift & furious. MOO

I am curious to see docs that will likely be released at court today. Thankful that this is civilian criminal court and not Naval since that should mean access to info via the sunshine law. Several things I am curious about and hope to gain some info about:

The estimated time of death for little Taylor - was it weeks or months ago (I am thinking weeks)
what BW cell pings show about her trip to AL
What evidence was found at the three crime scenes (southside where I believe death occurred, Ivy residence where false report of missing child was filed, and dirt road in AL where baby girl (presumably) was located.)
BW's activities in the past several months

hoping today's court appearance and subsequent doc release will begin to answer at least a couple of these.

My guess is this was an auto generated court date and that she is still in the hospital under a confidential alias. I'm also guessing an attorney will report to court on her behalf to give medical updates. Is it possible to report on any further details or present any other evidence without her being physically present?

So I understand the concept of the Baker Act being to get emergency mental health assistance for someone who needs it but I do not understand why she would possibly be in the hospital under a confidential alias. To shield her? From who? The media? Wouldn’t HIPAA provide for that?
My guess is this was an auto generated court date and that she is still in the hospital under a confidential alias. I'm also guessing an attorney will report to court on her behalf to give medical updates. Is it possible to report on any further details or present any other evidence without her being physically present?

State Attorney Melissa Nelson acknowledged the questions still unanswered in Taylor’s disappearance and said Tuesday that her department’s work is just beginning.

“The amount of information we have is, frankly, staggering and the legal implications complicated,” Nelson said. “This will require the systematic investigation of every piece of information, item of evidence, and lead to date.” Mother of missing Florida 5-year-old arrested, hospitalized for apparent overdose

time to get acquainted with the state attorney, Ms. Nelson

Two years ago, Melissa Nelson took over the State Attorney’s Office with promises to transform the culture in an office that had been long criticized for its harsh approach to justice. Now, a survey of prosecutors in her office shows that she may still have a way to go before everyone who works for her gets on board Melissa Nelson was elected to change the State Attorney's Office. Not all of her prosecutors are buying it.

Nelson took over the State Attorney’s Office promising fairer, smarter prosecutions. Six months later, Nelson has created policies aimed at accomplishing just that, though activists hope to push her even further. She has allowed police to more freely use civil citations for juveniles, keeping children out of jail and away from criminal charges. State Attorney promised to reform the office. Six months later, has she delivered?

She seems very well qualified and not afraid to rattle some cages in the pursuit of justice that contains fairness. I will be interested in watching her work.

So I understand the concept of the Baker Act being to get emergency mental health assistance for someone who needs it but I do not understand why she would possibly be in the hospital under a confidential alias. To shield her? From who? The media? Wouldn’t HIPAA provide for that?
It's possible there have been HIPAA violations already (MOO) and they are protecting their liability in such a high profile case.

*shrug* no clue The case watcher in me is hopeful for at least some charging docs and probable cause details today, even though because of the unusual circs I may not get them :(

Hmm...from experience...anti-freeze, mom’s stomach was pumped. (But we knew that’s what she ingested because it was in her coffee cup.)She was awake & coherent the next day...but pills put her in a coma for a couple of weeks. Could it have been a mixture?? I’m trying to understand how BW recovered so quickly....
MOO

My first husband passed from a similar misadventure with Acetaminophen. All it takes is one extra pill in 24 hours. By the time symptoms show up it is usually too late. It is very sad to see others still dying from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRios