Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

Is your theory that Linda really left Peggy alive on the side of the road? If so, how does Linda"s husband seeing Peggy's lifeless body on the kitchen floor in their home fit into your theory?

Linda's stories only changed when she was confronted with proof police knew she was lying.

Not to Mention that Linda herself confessed that Peggy died in her home. Straight from the horse's mouth.

Sorry, don't want to be offensive....but where are we searching for....Peggy is deceased (an immense sadness for me) ...her possible murderer is known and incarcerated (yes, I say possible because this has to be decided in court...don't like the USA system at all...with jury's and all the media making you a murder before justice can be served) I believe this woman is guilty....absolutely....and I hate her for all the things she did...but still....where are we looking for....

I gather from your post you aren't from the USA. Being from the USA I am not familiar with the meaning of the phrase "where are we searching for." Are you asking why posters are still searching for information? If so I agree with the one poster who stated that putting a timeline together is helpful to understand the events leading to Peggy's death. I think it is also a way for those of us who are grieving over Peggy's story to cope and feel like we are participating in the justice process.

Second, you state that her "possible murderer is known and incarcerated," stating that the US Court System is bad because the media and the jury make a person a murderer before justice can be served. I want to say first of all that the US Court System believes in innocent until proven guilty, but like all human institutions, it has its flaws. But many of our flaws are getting better with the improvement of technology and the globalization of information. So feel free to not like the USA Court System, but understand that there is no perfect system, and our system has plenty of checks and balances that I think we get things right most of the time. I do agree that the media tends to distort public opinion by sensationalizing information and taking the facts out of context to make a person look guilty before they've even been tried. But there are a lot of instances where media has helped exonerate wrongfully accused people. The West Memphis Three is a good example of this.

The jury's job, however, is to find a person guilty or not guilty. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say juries make a person a murderer before justice can be served. The jury is part of the justice system.

Finally, this not a case of a person being charged based on circumstantial evidence alone. She confessed to many people in Florida that she killed someone in Illinois. Her former husband stated he came home one day to find Peggy dead on the floor, Linda leaving with her soon after, and then returning without her. We have Linda's statement to the police changing time after time after time. She has not made a full confession to murdering Peggy, but we have her placing Peggy in her home, dying in her home, and confessing that she disposed of the body. There are also statements from her kids about the abuse Peggy suffered at Linda's hands. The evidence against her is too much to overcome at trial. My guess is she will plead guilty in exchange for a lesser sentence, if the DA allows her to do that. Although the DA may very well decide based on the circumstances to deny any plea deals.

I believe today's court date is regarding Linda's dui. Which, according to Lee County court records, is listed at .15 bac or higher. Double the legal limit....

Any verified attorneys following this case? How does this work? Does she have to go through her Florida trial and do her time there before being turned over to Wisconsin?

Is your theory that Linda really left Peggy alive on the side of the road? If so, how does Linda"s husband seeing Peggy's lifeless body on the kitchen floor in their home fit into your theory?

Linda's stories only changed when she was confronted with proof police knew she was lying.

I remember reading that he saw Peggy with fluttering eyes, and Linda stating she just fainted would be possible. She has medical knowledge I don’t have. I believe that Peggy woke up In Wisconsin and tried getting help, but ended up in a fight, and left for dead, or it happened where she was found.

I believe today's court date is regarding Linda's dui. Which, according to Lee County court records, is listed at .15 bac or higher. Double the legal limit....

Any verified attorneys following this case? How does this work? Does she have to go through her Florida trial and do her time there before being turned over to Wisconsin?

Not an attorney.
I don't know all the details, but when James Hicks was convicted in TX and sentenced to 55 years in prison, he cut a deal with the state of Maine. He offered to lead them to the bodies of two missing woman in exchange for serving his time here. Texas allowed the extradition and sent him to Maine to face trial, where he was convicted.

James Hicks | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

I am an attorney, though not verified on this site. I don't know how to go about that. There is precedent which would allow the extradition to Wisconsin because of the severity of the crime she is charged with. A dui case would not take long, however, so it is feasible that the Court would take her plea, allow for each side to present its case, and then issue a judgment. The whole thing could potentially be done in days, and then she could be extradited quickly. I went on Florida's court access system and found nothing concerning her DUI case. When I looked her up the only thing that came up was her divorce case, and the last docket item there was on October 26. If you could tell me where you saw that she had a hearing I would appreciate that, and I can look further into it.

My instinct is that she will either enter a quick plea of no contest or guilty and then will be extradited to Wisconsin, or the Court will see her DUI as paling in comparison to her murder charge and will drop the dui charge to allow for a quicker jurisdiction.

I remember reading that he saw Peggy with fluttering eyes, and Linda stating she just fainted would be possible. She has medical knowledge I don’t have. I believe that Peggy woke up In Wisconsin and tried getting help, but ended up in a fight, and left for dead, or it happened where she was found.

Link regarding the fluttering eyes, please.

@BLParks12

The dui case in Florida is searchable by searching La Roche instead of Laroche in the Lee County Court records.

Give me a few minutes and I will find and link the information on how to get verified.

@BLParks12

The dui case in Florida is searchable by searching La Roche instead of Laroche in the Lee County Court records.

Give me a few minutes and I will find and link the information on how to get verified.

Thank you. I thought to search "La Roche" in other venues, but for some reason did not think to in the case search. SMF. Anyway, her DUI case came up right away when searching "La Roche". Two notable things about the case. First, on November 8, which if I am not mistaken is the day of or day after the announcement was made by Sheriff Schmaling, the bondsman mysteriously went "off bond," which means the bondsman revoked his surety bond, no longer fronting the money for bail, and no longer having responsibility to ensure the defendant shows up to court.

The other notable thing is that the hearing today was a "docket sounding," which in most instances is a meeting between the Judge and the Attorneys to set a trial date or even determine whether a trial will be had. In many instances it is also the last opportunity for the defendant to issue a plea. If this was just a hearing to set trial dates, the defendant would not have been present necessarily. There is no indication from the court record what the outcome of the 8:30 a.m. ET hearing was and there are no new hearings scheduled. These electronic records usually are updated instantaneously with what goes on in Court, which to me means no trial was scheduled today. I have not found any news articles describing what the outcome was either.

Respectfully, I disagree. In the initial reports it was stated that there were clear drag marks found from the road to where Peggy’s body was found.

Either her dead body was dragged from a car to the location she was found, or her nearly dead body was, and she passed away there without ever moving or being moved.

Personally, I would be more inclined to believe LLR's story if she didn't change it so much!

This case must be draw dropping for those that know her.
I see this case as no different from some-one who abuses a child or elder over a period of time and who then succumbs to their injuries, It was the dreadful abuse that killed this sweet young women and Linda Laroche is pure evil. Having said that I would like to see that ex husband of hers charged with some-thing as he is a less than wonderful individual.

So, now that the details of this case are revealed and the whereabouts of the victim and the perp have been established, can this permanently put to bed chemical isotope testing as way to identify someone?

So, now that the details of this case are revealed and the whereabouts of the victim and the perp have been established, can this permanently put to bed chemical isotope testing as way to identify someone?

I’m not so sure. The chemical isotope testing indicated that Peggy spent time in Alaska, Montana, Canada, and some other locations and did not lead to identifying her. I suppose it’s possible she spent some time in those areas, but all indications point to her being born and raised in Illinois. Her identification only came about when LE was tipped off that Linda was telling people she killed someone 20 years ago. When LE investigated, they eventually found Peggy’s family and were eventually lead to identify her.

I know this is very well out of the blue and may surprise some of you, so fair warning now.

I do not believe all of Peggy’s death was due to Linda. I think the story of leaving her free in Wisconsin led Peggy to find some bad people, and they beat her up to the end. The fact Linda couldn’t bear her was bad enough, but leaving her to let someone else kill her would be worse.

MOO.

Linda's kids and ex-husband all said they saw Linda beat Peggy and treated her horribly.

Add to that, Linda's ex-husband said he saw Peggy deceased.

Go back and read the criminal complaint where Linda told someone she killed a girl when living in Illinois

One week of advertisements in the classified section.

That’s all that could be found in Illinois newspaper archives indicating that someone might have suspected Peggy Johnson was missing.

The advertisements, published about a week apart in the Northwest Herald in December 1999, read:

“PEGGY JOHNSON, Please call Rita,” followed by a phone number. Combined, the ads took up about a half-an-inch of space each.

Rita is Johnson’s aunt, who declined to speak with The Journal Times.

Who was Peggy Johnson? And why didn’t anyone say she was missing for 20 years?

Much more, including interviews with former colleagues and friends in this article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingerdoodle
Back