Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

Thanks for the link. It says she doesn't qualify for a public defender. Glad to see the look on her face that shows she looks miserable. I'm sure she's kicking herself for having such a big mouth.

LaRoche, who was living in Florida at the time of the arrest, is not eligible for a public defender.

“I have one (an attorney) that I’m hiring, but I haven’t had a chance to hire them yet,”
LaRoche told Racine County Court Commissioner Alice Rudebusch.

Once LaRoche does get a lawyer, the preliminary hearing will be rescheduled. She is currently being held in the Racine County Jail on $500,000 bond.

I'm still waiting for her ex to be arrested for sexually abusing Peggy.

Investigators said that, before her death, Johnson-Schroeder had suffered burns and blunt-force trauma to much of her body, a nose fracture, cuts to the head, abrasions to the forehead, a heavily battered left ear, and showed signs of being both sexually abused and malnourished.

Thanks for the link. It says she doesn't qualify for a public defender. Glad to see the look on her face that shows she looks miserable. I'm sure she's kicking herself for having such a big mouth.

I'm still waiting for her ex to be arrested for sexually abusing Peggy.

FWIW it never crossed my mind that the ex sexually abused Peggy. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the sexual abuse was part of the physical torture Linda inflicted on Peggy. I think it was all Linda.

Would they even be able to charge anyone with sexual assault after all this time? Does WI have a statute of limitations on that crime?

Would they even be able to charge anyone with sexual assault after all this time? Does WI have a statute of limitations on that crime?

Good question

FWIW it never crossed my mind that the ex sexually abused Peggy. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression the sexual abuse was part of the physical torture Linda inflicted on Peggy. I think it was all Linda.

I'll be shocked if her husband didn't participate in the sexual abuse

Good question

I'll be shocked if her husband didn't participate in the sexual abuse

I guess we'll have to wait until trial, but I imagine him staying in the relationship to protect his minor children? The way he described Linda as a force to be reckoned with, it would just be easier for him to go out of the home and cheat than to do it under her nose in the home.

I kinda wish the trial was going to be in McHenry. It would be easier for me to go to the McHenry than Racine. I may still try and go depending on when the trial is held.

Linda had a status conference today where she appeared without an attorney. The next court date is April 9th and it is a status conference. This information is from Racine County courts docs.

Last edited:
The alleged murderer, Linda LaRoche showed up in court for a 5th time without an attorney.

During Thursday’s appearance, LaRoche said she needed more time because the sale of her home fell through. “It was sold and the FHA financing fell through because it didn’t have enough backup. So, now we have to resell the house,” LaRoche said. “My counsel needs money before he can actually represent me. I did try to contact by writing other attorneys in the area and have not heard back.”

'Between a rock and a hard place:' Case against Linda LaRoche at a standstill

As a former realtor myself, I have never heard of an FHA loan being denied "because it didn't have enough backup". There are realtors who guarantee the sale of a home in so many days or they will buy it. How long is the court going to allow her bs delay tactics? I wonder if the courts can order the details of a listing agreement to ensure the house sells. Otherwise, she can make it so the house sits on the market indefinitely.

There is only one thing "not enough to back it up" could mean and that is the property appraised for less than the selling price and there weren't enough sold comparable's for the home to appraise for the sales price.

I found the listing, her address is listed on the Lee County Sheriff booking site and is very easy to find. Based on the pictures with the listing, the home is dated and plain. The listing says priced below market and motivated seller, but the estimates of value are 15K less than the current asking price.

The realtor needs to generate some interest by pricing it enough below market to generate a bidding war. Especially now that the economy is tanking due to covid-19

I wonder if her realtor is following this thread.

There is only one thing "not enough to back it up" could mean and that is the property appraised for less than the selling price and there weren't enough sold comparable's for the home to appraise for the sales price.

I found the listing, her address is listed on the Lee County Sheriff booking site and is very easy to find. Based on the pictures with the listing, the home is dated and plain. The listing says priced below market and motivated seller, but the estimates of value are 15K less than the current asking price.

The realtor needs to generate some interest by pricing it enough below market to generate a bidding war. Especially now that the economy is tanking due to covid-19

I wonder if her realtor is following this thread.

Figures.

Thanks for the info.

What's odd, is usually if an FHA appraisal doesn't meet the agreed upon purchase price, the agents will do what they can to keep the deal together. In cases where the appraisal price is lower they usually change the purchase prise on the contract to the appraised price.

The status conference today had a few updates. Linda doesn't have an attorney yet but she has met with one that represented her in court today. Linda's house hasn't sold and hasn't had any offers. The conference was done via zoom. The next status conference is June 4th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back