CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so horrible.

I wish, wish, wish Frazee would jump up and yell something like "I only hit her 5 times."
Not only am I angry that he did this to Kelsey, I am beyond angry that he put her family, friends, witnesses, the judge and jurors through this trial, instead of pleading guilty and sparing them all- most especially, her family and friends.

What a sick bleep.

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose
@stephaniebutzer

·
1m
Prosecution rested at 1:07 p.m. #PatrickFrazee will not testify. The defense rested without calling any witnesses. Closing arguments will begin Monday at 8:30 a.m. Jury deliberation will begin afterward. #KelseyBerreth STORY:

Frazee trial: Closing arguments expected Friday afternoon
thedenverchannel.com

Show this thread

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

·
2m
UPDATE: Closing arguments in the #PatrickFrazee trial are expected to be held on Monday morning, according to decision by Fourth Judicial District judge Scott Sells. He said he didn't think there was enough time to finish jury instructions today.
@csgazette
#KelseyBerreth

Jakob Rodgers
@JakobRodgers

·
10s
Another apparent #PatrickFrazee letter to fellow inmate: "Honestly, we should stay off the phones. Maybe ... could send me a letter form an anonymous address? Stay off the radar. I'm hopeful and excited if you/we could pull this off."
@csgazette
#KelseyBerreth

The Creep, is excited if these murders can be achieved.:eek:
Imagine how excited he was, when he returned to Dinner, on Thanksgiving Day.
He immediately phoned his mother, KK as couldn't hide his happiness, of what he accomplished.

Even making dates for further outings with women.
His head is not screwed on correctly, if excited by his actions, in planning murders.
Horrific piece of scum.
MOO.

The defense rested? Without putting on any witnesses.

IIRC, at the beginning of the trial, the defense only planned to introduce two witnesses of their own - I think they were a couple of investigators. They could, of course, have called prosecution witnesses back for more testimony.

I don't get how, after all this, they could ask to get the felony murder charge dismissed. Seriously? Or is it just an attempt to maintain the appearance of providing the best possible defense for an indefensible client?

Earlier someone said they worried about the jury pool of locals. Even if somehow they were hung on earlier evidence, I'd think that seeing prominent local names on the murder hit list...would be all they need. Hitting real close to home.

Not only am I angry that he did this to Kelsey, I am beyond angry that he put her family, friends, witnesses, the judge and jurors through this trial, instead of pleading guilty and sparing them all- most especially, her family and friends.

What a sick bleep.
I am too, on one side. On the other side of the coin: would anyone have learned what honestly happened were it not for the trial? Likely her parents would as the DA would have told them much more gently.

I am a little surprised he did not try to testify in a bizarre Jody Arias move. He has been so vocal (behind the scenes outside the courtroom) in this case that I thought he just might be compelled to give his side. The more I see, the less I think he is dumb and the more I think he is above the law and above punishment in his own eyes. For that reason, he makes some terrible choices but I think his tremendous blindspot is that he is so entitled and without conscience. The combination leaves him totally unable to feign any type of normal response pattern.

This. I think the closest he could or would ever come to admitting guilt would be to claim that KB forced him into it somehow - kind of like the Preppy Murderer's lame excuse.

Bizarre how he still maintains his innocence while plotting to kill and abuse numerous other people, some of whom never even testified against him, like KK's siblings. I really do wish he'd taken the stand and been asked to explain the inexplicable.

What else could they do? They were done before it even began.

I wonder if it will come out later that they tried to convince Frazee into pleading guilty.

ETA, the post I quoted did not show up, but it was in response to the defense closing without calling any witnesses. I seem to be having trouble posting.

Last edited:
Vicente Arenas
@vicentearenastv

·
28s
Frazee Trial Update: Jurors shown 16 letters allegedly written on napkins by Patrick Frazee in jail soliciting the murder of witnesses set to testify against him. Frazee is accused of murdering his fiancee #kelseyberreth
@KDVR
@channel2kwgn

Besides these letters to the one guy, PF is so stupid, he possibly was also trying his luck with other inmates, if he could get letters to them.
Will we hear any more from inmates.o_O
They are probably sitting together, laughing at PF's stupidity.:)
MOO.

Daniela Leon
@danielaleontv

·
1h

Defense argued that the man who came forward was hoping the DA could help him. The DA said no plea agreement was put in place for his testimony. Defense also argued he's testifying in another trial. DA said he's testifying on behalf of the defendant.
Whether or not they were going to help him does not negate the fact that the letters were written in the first place...

Defense has -0- to work with.

No body, no crime?!
LOL, that's exactly the snarky thought I had but didn't post. Seriously though, perhaps they will go to forensic evidence that is absent besides KB's remains. It is really all they can go with, as far as I can tell, along with the prosecutor's burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. IMO I think the jury has enough pieces of the puzzle to rule out any reasonable doubts. moo

oh-ooo, can this be used as inadequate defense
on Appeal?
Nope, as I don’t see any room for the defense to gain any ground by calling anyone.

First, you have to call someone who can help you.

Secondly, whoever you call can’t hurt you.

It looks like whoever they may have called would have hurt them more than they could help them. The facts are the facts, and the evidence is the evidence.

In calling a witness for themselves, they may have felt that they were effectively calling a witness for the prosecution.

I’ve followed several trials where the defense immediately rests. They’ll just put all their money on making a convincing closing argument.

Good fricken luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member