Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there were more details about this case to help us understand his MO. I can’t tell if the men were staying at the hotel or were taken there, but my guess is staying there. They were robbed of cash, a Rolex, a gun, and clothes, if I remember right. This makes a lot more sense to me as a strategy than kidnapping a random person at a gas station.

I also can’t figure out what happened to the second man. They were not both found in the car, as far as I can tell. Did they just leave him at the hotel? Did he call 911? Why not kill him if that’s their thing? And, then what? They carried this unconscious beaten up old man out to the parking lot and shoved him in a car and hoped no one would notice? Where were they taking him? This whole thing doesn’t scream seasoned criminals to me, and it also doesn’t really fit with Aniah’s case IMO. Not sure what it all means, but it’s a little confusing.
Search the reviews of that hotel. Put the address in. It was called the sure stay when the crime took place I believe. I could bet you it was prostitution. That’s what Jessie Ford has priors for. I would bet most people who can afford a Rolex are not staying there. I’m wondering if it was a “payback” type of crime.
unsafe and prostitute hotel - Review of Americas Best Value Inn Montgomery Alabama Hotel, Montgomery, AL - TripAdvisor

Also, I think hotels (motels) like this do not care why you are there or what you are driving.
Evidenced as well by this lawsuit against a few for turning a blind eye to prostitution.
4 Atlanta-area hotels face federal sex trafficking lawsuits

The ONLY way they could have seen the actual chat is if the users (Aniah and roommate) had set up that chats delete after 24 hours (quite common for people who text on Snapchat frequently to do this) and then they saw it before the 24 hour window from the time it was sent.
On iPhones, if you hold down on a message and slightly slide your finger to the right, time stamps will appear.

Anything outside of that, the messages are (as intended) gone. Forever.
Unless you screenshot them.

Crazy how the system works. How it can re-victimize the victims. How the rights of a criminal are often protected over the rights of the victim. The Harris’s are their daughters voice right now. I said this the other day but they are going to continue to need a lot of strength and courage to fight to get their daughter back. It’s in no way going to be made easy for them.
I am reminded once again of the Heather Elvis case and at the end of the last trial when Moorer received 30 years her parents stated he still had their daughter kidnapped. They still don’t have their daughter. Her dad even said he would be ok with Moorer walking if he would just tell them where their daughter is.
The Harris’s likely feel much the same way. All they want is their daughter back. Yes the public of course wants this person to be locked away and pay for his crime but as her parents i would imagine that means very little to them when he’s still committing the crime and has their daughter somewhere.jmo

We had a disappearance case here (Matthew Leveson). Murdered by his friend but they coudn't pin the friend for the murder in court, even though they tried.
So they followed that with a coronial inquest (official inquiry with a judge).
Judge found the friend lied 70+ times during the inquest ... they could imprison him for perjury (up to 10 year penalty).

Matthew's parents wanted their son back, so they made a deal with the devil. No perjury charge if the friend showed them where Matthew was. They were able to bury and honour their son, and his (alleged) murderer moved to another state and continued his life.

While it is horrible that the (alleged) murderer got to walk, Matthew's parents got their greatest wish of having Matthew returned to them and not wondering where the heck he was for the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
I think her family has stated that they have seen screenshots. They definitely have said they have seen the actual messages.

Snapchat messages can be saved individually ... there is also a setting to enable all snapchats to be saved, until you choose to delete them.

Sounds like Aniah's parents were lucky, and the roommate had decided to save her messages.

How to Save Snapchat Conversations
Use this trick to keep your Snapchat text messages from disappearing forever

ETA: Oops sorry, I see others have now provided this info as well.

Last edited:
Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes on Friday filed his strongly-worded response to the motion, reiterating that Yazeed was already out on bond for kidnapping when Blanchard disappeared.

“The defendant was afforded bond and allowed to remain free by the least restrictive means possible and he rewarded Montgomery County’s allowance for bond by coming to Lee County and kidnapping Aniah Blanchard,’’ the district attorney wrote.
Hughes went on to say that there is no evidence Yazeed has been threatened while in the Lee County Jail and noted that jail officials have addressed the purported threats by place him in protective custody.

Yazeed, Hughes wrote, is charged with a crime in Lee County and “the interests of justice demand he remain here to answer for it.”

“Montgomery County has had their opportunity to deal with the defendant and that has resulted in him being free to come to Lee County and commit yet another violent criminal offense,’’ Hughes wrote. “The state believes he wants to get back to Montgomery because that is where he has friends and where he has been allowed to evade prosecution.”

Lee County DA: Montgomery’s leniency allowed Ibraheem Yazeed to kidnap Aniah Blanchard

Peculiar the two sets of parents being at odds. I’d guess the most logical meaning would be they are left to speculate like the rest of us, with little to no info

I noticed that too, they are always doing separate interviews, the one time I have seen them together is when they were telling people about the paypal account and that they have not setup any . I am sure there is some drama unrelated to Aniah's kidnapping.

I was just thinking about the brother, it seems he and Aniah are close and only 1 year apart. Being the last one to see her must be bothering him. Even the roommate getting the last messages, and going to bed thinking it was Aniah. And of course people judging Walt and Angela mannerisms on TV. Like people are actually accusing Walt with absloutley no evidence other than that he is the stepfather and seems he is close with her, I mean he has stated he has known her since she was three.

With that being said , He would have been only 17 when he met Aniah because he is 36. Mom must be older than him.

Sarah is roommate and best friend,Summer is a friend of Sarah's.Summer is the one with big mouth.

Odd, because Summer also refers to Aniah as her best friend. Maybe the roommate told Sarah and Sarah shared it, There is a youtube video of them at a bar. I noticed she stated that Eric was white in a response to someone, but she deleted it.

I noticed that too, they are always doing separate interviews, the one time I have seen them together is when they were telling people about the paypal account and that they have not setup any ********. I am sure there is some drama unrelated to Aniah's kidnapping.

I was just thinking about the brother, it seems he and Aniah are close and only 1 year apart. Being the last one to see her must be bothering him. Even the roommate getting the last messages, and going to bed thinking it was Aniah. And of course people judging Walt and Angela mannerisms on TV. Like people are actually accusing Walt with absloutley no evidence other than that he is the stepfather and seems he is close with her, I mean he has stated he has known her since she was three.

With that being said , He would have been only 17 when he met Aniah because he is 36. Mom must be older than him.

Since she was 3, which means 16 years. If he is 36, then that would mean since he was 20. Your math is off and paints the mom in an unfavorable light. Just sayin.

I noticed that too, they are always doing separate interviews, the one time I have seen them together is when they were telling people about the paypal account and that they have not setup any ********. I am sure there is some drama unrelated to Aniah's kidnapping.

This case has nothing to do with anything you have stated above. Both families appear to be devastated and focused on finding Aniah. Both families clearly love her and miss her deeply. Tho they may have a difference in opinion as to what happened to Aniah, which is their right and completely understandable, neither family has ever once said anything negative about the other. Both sides are handling this very difficult situation with class.
Unfounded Speculations about any family member doesn’t belong here on WS.
You’re math is also incorrect and really who cares?!

I think Walt would have been 20 when he met Aniah if he is 36 now and they met when she was only 3. But, yes, he is most likely younger than his wife.

Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes on Friday filed his strongly-worded response to the motion, reiterating that Yazeed was already out on bond for kidnapping when Blanchard disappeared.

“The defendant was afforded bond and allowed to remain free by the least restrictive means possible and he rewarded Montgomery County’s allowance for bond by coming to Lee County and kidnapping Aniah Blanchard,’’ the district attorney wrote.
Hughes went on to say that there is no evidence Yazeed has been threatened while in the Lee County Jail and noted that jail officials have addressed the purported threats by place him in protective custody.

Yazeed, Hughes wrote, is charged with a crime in Lee County and “the interests of justice demand he remain here to answer for it.”

“Montgomery County has had their opportunity to deal with the defendant and that has resulted in him being free to come to Lee County and commit yet another violent criminal offense,’’ Hughes wrote. “The state believes he wants to get back to Montgomery because that is where he has friends and where he has been allowed to evade prosecution.”

Lee County DA: Montgomery’s leniency allowed Ibraheem Yazeed to kidnap Aniah Blanchard

Can't help drawing a parallel between what Lee County DA Hughes states, and how the Jefferson County DA was kept out of the courtroom at the initial hearing.

Aniah Blanchard’s family speaks to Dr. Phil; suspect receiving death threats, attorney says

IY attorney says poor guy deserves bond because he's not violent- just falsely accused of violence.
If no bond, he wants him held in Montgomery (where all of his buddies are) where he is in no danger.
Also of interest: Parents think It is possible that she was set up by a mutual acquaintance.
IY’s atty wants him to be given a bond amount, so IY can bond out & go immediately to Montgomery county, where his previous bond was revoked. If IY is given bond for his charges in Lee County, then he can go to Montgomery county jail. IY won’t be bonded out of jail and be “free”, his atty is fighting for him to be bonded out of Lee County jail and then placed in Montgomery jail.

IY’s atty wants him to be given a bond amount, so IY can bond out & go immediately to Montgomery county, where his previous bond was revoked. If IY is given bond for his charges in Lee County, then he can go to Montgomery county jail. IY won’t be bonded out of jail and be “free”, his atty is fighting for him to be bonded out of Lee County jail and then placed in Montgomery jail.

This man needs to give up the location of Aniah. No Aniah, no move to Montgomery jail. imo

This man needs to give up the location of Aniah. No Aniah, no move to Montgomery jail. imo
Bingo, imo. send the coward to where he wants to go, sweeten the deal with something else he may really want, a smoke, a drink, perhaps a bag of chips :mad: then send him on his way, AFTER he reveals information about Aniah's whereabouts.
imo, speculation.

Snapchat messages can be saved individually ... there is also a setting to enable all snapchats to be saved, until you choose to delete them.

Sounds like Aniah's parents were lucky, and the roommate had decided to save her messages.

How to Save Snapchat Conversations
Use this trick to keep your Snapchat text messages from disappearing forever

ETA: Oops sorry, I see others have now provided this info as well.
That is exactly what he wants, to be in Montgomery. I think the judge in Lee county as his ticket. Hope he can keep him in Auburn.

Q

How would he pay this bond? I'm genuinely curious, not being snarky. I often wonder who paid his previous bond, and wouldn't this be public knowledge?

Lee County doesnt play. I made a post about this yesterday about how LC is all about perception and setting a tone. It will take a higher court to get IY out of LC Corrections. The guy is in solitary confinement, so not sure why the lawyer is pushing getting him moved. The only people who will see IY are either people working for the County as officers and his lawyer.

Side note, I mentioned earlier that I have a family member who is in Law Enforcement down there who told me that my family member saw a guy who killed a cop and shot a few other cops earlier this year who is in the same jail as IY. My family member saw this gentleman through passing earlier this week. I was told that the guy may have looked to be about 30 lbs lighter and his face may have looked similar to how IY's looked in the recent mugshot. The cop killer is also in confinement. Good luck IY.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member