GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do, too.

I also think KK will receive a very public excoriation from the judge at her sentencing hearing.

I think the judge will allow cameras in the courtroom.

Since KK has already plead guilty, there are no valid concerns about her "rights" or the process being "fair" to her like we heard voiced by Judge Sells in PF's trial.

I hope Sam covers that hearing on Dec. 2nd.
(*Edited to correct date)

JMO.

The Dec 2nd date is a pre-scheduled status hearing that we were hoping would be changed to KK's sentencing.

However, according to Sam (fb live recap), he overheard a court clerk state KK could not be sentenced before 8 weeks (from PF sentencing??) so if true, that would put KK's sentencing sometime next January. :mad:

I'll definitely be on watch for any EMC (expanded media coverage) requests and motions filed!

I recall KK's attorney wrote a lengthy opposition to the last motion for EMC which the court denied -- albeit only live-tweeting was allowed from the courtroom since live video only considered for advisements and arraignments in criminal court in Colorado.

And sentencing of KK can't happen soon enough!

MOO

Like I said, they were strangers to KB. that's not an insult to the Berreth family. I just mean distance away and none of them were in her daily/weekly life, Kaylee's memory of them wouldn't be developed enough at her age to recognize Grandma and Grandpa Berreth. So it would be understandable that she would be scared going to their home in Idaho, in unfamiliar surroundings, no mommy or daddy (yeah, I hate typing that......), no Grandma F (sorry to type that, too)- who she was familiar with. Poor baby, thank goodness she is in loving and caring environment with lots of love around her, and probably more toys that she knows what to do with. Sweet baby.
Oh, I know you didn't mean it as an insult and I definitely didn't take it that way. Not at all! ;)

I was just pointing out that the Berreth's saw Baby K recently so they weren't complete strangers. Long-distance relationships are tricky with little ones but many tools exist now to help with that such as Facetime, Skype, etc.

Hopefully, KB and CB made use of some of those and Baby K knew exactly who "Gamma" was and wasn't scared, but you're right - we really don't know. MOO

The bolded is making my heart break for Baby K.

Can you imagine such anguish from a grandparent, who's lost her daughter, hearing that from her granddaughter?

That poor baby girl. Calling for her Mama in the middle of the night- she went from two parents raising her, to MaF's with Patrick, then to the Berreth's warm, loving and safe home, which was frightening and confusing her her, being alone. I don't know how well she knew Kelsey's family, but being just a baby, they could have been like strangers to her, where they lived so far away and didn't see her often. She was just barely a year old when Kelsey was killed, and she pretty much only had her parents and MaF in her life, in terms of adults that she trusted.

Hopefully darling Baby K is adjusting well.
One thing that comforts me, is knowing that in October, CB traveled to Woodland Park for Baby K's birthday. So the baby would have known her grandma and had just spent quality time with her recently.

Also, Kelsey looks so much like her mother. They all 3 look alike. I think CB probably looks like, sounds like, smells like, feels like Kaylee's missing Mommy. There is no one in the world that is as similar to Kelsey as her mother is. So that must be comforting to this sweet baby, to have someone who holds her the same way, and says the same things , in a familiar voice.

It is still gut wrenching and devastating for that sweet baby to lose her Mom so suddenly. But knowing that she has such a loving supportive family surrounding her is a blessing.

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
The verdict came down yesterday in the #KelseyBerreth murder trial. Patrick Frazee was found guilty on all charges, will serve life in prison without parole +156 years. I wanted to share a few more details from the sentencing that I didn’t get a chance to share yesterday. #9News
12:57 PM - 19 Nov 2019

First, Kelsey’s family and friends got an opportunity to share some words. Her uncle read aloud in court the written statements of several people, including a few of Kelsey’s coworkers at Doss Aviation

One coworker wrote:
“Kelsey was a kind-hearted, gentle spirit. That’s how I knew her. She was a joy for all of us to be around, and I truly appreciate her friendship. We all definitely miss her. I know she loves her little girl, Kaylee, with all her heart.”

Another coworker wrote a letter to Kelsey’s young daughter:

“What I will remember most about your mom is her kindness and her smile”

And:

“She mattered… She made a direct impact and difference in the lives of so many.”

Cheryl Berreth, Kelsey’s mother, also had a statement:

“She was our daughter. A devoted loving mother, a sister, a friend and a valued pilot teaching military how to fly. She was a positive contribution to society, beautiful inside and out.”

He sure was a piece of work and glad he wont be walking the same face of the earth as anyone of us.

In hindsight he should have plead guilty and thrown himself at the mercy of the court. It may not have helped him get out before he dies in prison but he would have had a better chance than what his non-defense put on.

Im still surprised they didnt at least call a few witnesses to try to diminish some of the evidence. It was too overwhelming to overcome but the way they didnt even call any witnesses surprised me. That defense tactic can sometimes work when a Prosecution doesn't prove their case, but in this case, it was overwhelmingly proven so not sure why the Defense didnt at least pay and hire a "witness-for-hire-expert" that we sometimes see on cases that will testify to things that are their "expert" opinion and disagrees with the Prosecution's witnesses opinion.

I suppose the defense was hoping there would be some error in the proceedings that would cause a mistrial or they hoped there was at least 1 juror that sympathised with him. They gambled and lost big time with that hope.

Cheryl’s statement included the family’s intention to set up an aviation scholarship in Kelsey’s name, and their ongoing efforts to have permanent custody of Kelsey’s little girl.

Cheryl’s statement talked about what her family has endured during the past year – the physical and emotional toll on their lives. This was incredibly heartbreaking to hear in court.

Addressing Patrick, Cheryl's statement included this:

“Patrick, how would you like to find out your daughter’s life ended the way you ended Kelsey's? Kaylee deserves a letter of sincere apology”

Scoring on your own goal? That's a strange way of putting it. IMO.
BBM:

Not at all strange, for those of us who are familiar with the meaning of that particular simile.

In fact, it's the perfect analogy to describe the argument the defense tried to make in their close.

Come to think of it, everything PF does is pretty much the definition of an "own goal."
He then compounds his error by celebrating his having scored, the fact that he's scored against himself, notwithstanding.

score an own goal
1 (in football) score a goal by mistake against your own side. 2 do something that has theunintended effect of harming your own interests. informal
<snip>
See also: goal, own, score
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017

Last edited:
And...

“She (Kaylee) lost both of her parents within a month. What a pathetic contribution you and your cohort have made to your daughter’s health and wellness.”

Cheryl’s statement also mentioned the Berreth family’s wishes not to pursue the death penalty in this case.

Including this, from Cheryl's statement:

“We believe in a forgiving savior and hope Patrick will take this opportunity, his time in prison, to sincerely repent and seek forgiveness.”

And:

“We respect life and leave Patrick’s in God’s hands. It’s not ours to take.”

Judge Sells also addressed Patrick during sentencing.

“Your actions were vicious, senseless, without reason, explanation. Kelsey spent her last night caring for you, and you replayed that kindness by viciously beating her to death.”

Judge Sells, to Patrick Frazee:

“After you beat her, you burned her body like a piece of trash. You solicited Krystal Lee three times to murder her before Thanksgiving of last year, Kelsey was a wonderful mother, a beloved daughter, sister, and accomplished pilot."

Judge Sells, to Patrick Frazee:

“Your crimes deserve the absolute maximum punishment legally available in the state of Colorado, and I intend to do that."

Anybody know KKs hometown news? Interested in seeing if there are any comments from people who knew her.

She is from Hansen, ID and Times News Magic Valley.Com has had articles about her. But....doing a search on her name only came up with very old news from Feb 8, 2019 regarding her pleading guilty of evidence tampering. Wonder why no mention of her now. You think this would be huge news in Magic Valley.

Last edited:
One thing that comforts me, is knowing that in October, CB traveled to Woodland Park for Baby K's birthday. So the baby would have known her grandma and had just spent quality time with her recently.

Also, Kelsey looks so much like her mother. They all 3 look alike. I think CB probably looks like, sounds like, smells like, feels like Kaylee's missing Mommy. There is no one in the world that is as similar to Kelsey as her mother is. So that must be comforting to this sweet baby, to have someone who holds her the same way, and says the same things , in a familiar voice.

It is still gut wrenching and devastating for that sweet baby to lose her Mom so suddenly. But knowing that she has such a loving supportive family surrounding her is a blessing.

Im so happy the baby is with the B's and I hope that becomes permanent legally soon.

The one thought I cannot shake is how the baby must have called out for "Mom" in the very first few days after the murder and until the B's were finally able to take her with them back to Idaho. The thought of how PF may have treated the baby as she cried for her Mom in those early days after the murder haunts me.

Its just another one of those things that murderers like PF never think through. They just dont care about such things.

Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed, but I don't see a list of everyone that gave statements at the sentencing. I looked through the no discussion page and don't see anything. I know the prosecutors spoke and a Berreth family member read a letter from Cheryl, but do we know who all spoke? Did anyone speak on behalf of PF? Also, I've seen some of CB's statements in the letter posted to twitter and quoted in articles, but is there any accounting of the full letter? Thanks!

Sam read it (her mom's statement), he was trying verbatim, on his FB live last night. KB's uncle read KB's mom's statement in addition to statements from coworkers. I would think their names aren't listed due to privacy/not involved in case

He said their names.

No one spoke for PF. PF and SF declined.

HTH

Last edited:
Sam read it, he was trying verbatim, on his FB live last night. KB's uncle read KB's mom's statement in addition to statements from coworkers. I would think their names aren't listed due to privacy/not involved in case

He said their names.

No one spoke for PF. PF and SF declined.

HTH
No surprise that no one spoke for PF.

He lied to everyone who may have supported him, or attempted to have them killed.

His mother wouldn’t help at all, because she’s under the microscope herself.

Someone posted this article because of the beautiful pictures and now I'm not sure who it was. I apologize!

@MassGuy We can't end this without taking a trip back to a February article by your favorite 'reporter'. :p

SBBM
In the picture, Cindy Berreth and her granddaughter Kaylee are seen making a visit to the victim's former place of employment, Dos Aviation, as the happy little one poses on the wing of an airplane.

Kelsey Berreth daughter Kaylee poses on a plane in first photo since the death of her mother | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan