Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread - Days 1 - 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 5m

At the time, Nolen questioned Mark Sievers about life insurance on Teresa Sievers, he said. Mark Sievers told him that he and his wife had life insurance policies on each other, Nolen said.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 3m

Buccal swabs were also obtained from Mark Sievers, Nolen said.

Investigators downloaded info from Mark Sievers phone and gathered phone records from AT&T, Nolen said.

Teresa Sievers' cellphone records were collected as well, Nolen said.

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 56s56 seconds ago

#SieversTrial - Det. Nolen arrived on the scene, observed Teresa Siever's body on the floor. Dr. Petritis was there, he is the friend that Mark Sievers asked to go to the home and check on his wife. Nolen spoke to Mark Sievers on the phone, told him he needed to come home.

Sandra Rodriguez‏ @SandraR_media 9s9 seconds ago

Det. Nolen says there were obvious signs of what had happened but did not make conclusions at that time.

Defense asks Det. Nolen if castoff is common when someone is murdered with a hammer.

Det. Nolen says it varies.

*cast off happens when a weapon with blood is swung*

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 56s56 seconds ago

#SieversTrial - Det. Nolen arrived on the scene, observed Teresa Siever's body on the floor. Dr. Petritis was there, he is the friend that Mark Sievers asked to go to the home and check on his wife. Nolen spoke to Mark Sievers on the phone, told him he needed to come home.

Sandra Rodriguez‏ @SandraR_media 9s9 seconds ago

Det. Nolen says there were obvious signs of what had happened but did not make conclusions at that time.

Defense asks Det. Nolen if castoff is common when someone is murdered with a hammer.

Det. Nolen says it varies.

*cast off happens when a weapon with blood is swung*

Defense asking about cast off not being present. State objected. Objection sustained. Defense asking about the detectives background knowledge and experience. Defense asking what his first impression of what happened in the crime. Defense asking if there should have been castoff in this type of murder. Detective explains what castoff is. Detective says he doesn’t recall if Mark Sievers was told his wife was injured or deceased.

1. Sandra Rodriguez‏ @SandraR_media 1m1 minute ago
    Van Waus says she started with the outside of the home.

She says the garage door was the first thing she focused on because of the condition the door was found.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
    Show this thread

2. Sandra Rodriguez‏ @SandraR_media 3m3 minutes ago
    Van Waus says when she arrived at the Sievers's home, her first step was to meet with the detective on the scene to get pieces of information that she might need for her documentation purposes.

Ross is much better at questioning witnesses than making a solo argument.

She is questioning Kimberly Van Waus about the photographs she took on her initial walkthrough. They are walking jurors through the setup of the home and where damage was found on the door.

So his defense is robbery while doing maintenance as a regular part of the job his friend did so why did he buy burner phones for him then ? Duh his buddy was not to too trained on the voice over internet protocol voice messaging you can do that is 100 % incognito lol

[URL='https://twitter.com/Jake_Allen19']Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19[/URL]
5m

The investigation took Lee County Sheriff's Office investigators to Illinois, Nolen said. Investigators received a tip that from someone who said he had an acquaintance who may have had info about the Teresa Sievers murder, Nolen said.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19
4m

Two investigators went to Illinois to speak with the person who said they had info about the Teresa Sievers murder. That's all the questions from the state.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19
4m

Defense Attorney Michael Mummert is now cross examining Nolen. He asks how long Nolen had been in the homicide unit for when Teresa Sievers was murdered. Nolen said he had been in the unit for about three years at that time.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19
7m

Nolen said there was a lot of blood on scene. "I'm not a blood splatter expert," Nolen said when asked about where the blood was found by Mummert.

Mummert asks Nolen what type of training he had before he became a homicide investigation.

There were obvious signs on scene of how Teresa Sievers was murdered, Nolen said.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 4m

Mummert asks if Nolen would expect to see a "cast off" pattern of blood in most cases where a victim is killed with a hammer. I'm a little confused by Nolen's answer but it was something between a yes and no. #SieversTrial

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 4m

Nolen is released from the stand but the defense asks that he be retained. He is subject to recall, Judge Bruce Kyle said.

The next witness is Kimberly Van Waus of the Lee County Sheriff's Office. She was one of the first witnesses to testify last month in the Rodgers trial and is a crime scene technician with the sheriff's office.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 8m

Van Waus was called out the crime scene at the Sievers home on June 29, 2015, she said. She documented, collected and processed evidence at the home, Van Waus said.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 6m

Van Waus documented a garage door on scene, which was damaged, she said. This witness is being questioned by Assistant State Attorney Cynthia Ross.

Van Waus entered the house through the garage into the laundry room then documented that room and made her way into the kitchen, she said.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 19s20 seconds ago

#SieversTrial - Damage done to the door leading into the garage at the Sievers' home. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/mark-sievers/watch-live-mark-sievers-on-trial-for-allegedly-orchestrating-murder-of-wife-dr-teresa-sievers/ …

EJ1pxJyXkAAOMum.jpg

:) Hello,

First, Subscribing to this Thread/Forum.

Second, Court TV was recently added to my TV line-up, and that's how I heard about Dr. Sievers' case. I know -- I am several years behind on this case, along with many other cases here at WS because of my "real life" ... but I have spent the past week reading Dr. Sievers' forum here at WS

I am going to follow as much of MS trial as I can, and from what I have read here so far, it's going to be a very interesting trial.

Oh, while I truly believe in "innocent until proven guilty," reviewing the evidence, etc. ... I have NO doubt MS is guilty of 1st degree murder.

:) And thank you to all for the updates, links, etc !

JMO and MOO

I had never been on any ‘crime forum’ type site until around 11am on Monday, June 29, 2015 when my daughter called from Estero, FL. I then searched online, found WSs, registered the next day & waited for access. I vividly remember the then Lee Co Sheriff later say this case was like what makes “books and movies”. As the investigation progressed, that became evident.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19
9m

ASA Ross is now showing the jury a photo of the Sievers home in Bonita Springs in June 2015 #SieversTrial

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19
5m

Van Waus is talking about a photo showing damage to a garage door at the Sievers home. Jurors are looking at a photo of the damaged door on a projector screen.

Jake Allen [URL='https://twitter.com/Jake_Allen19']@Jake_Allen19 [/URL]3m

Jurors are now looking at a photo of a suitcase on the floor of the garage of the Sievers home. #SieversTrial

[URL='https://twitter.com/Jake_Allen19']Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19[/URL]
4m

Jurors are now looking at a photo of the back of the garage, where bins and other items were stored.

https://twitter.com/Jake_Allen19/status/1197230366282670080

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member