Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread - Days 1 - 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - My personal favorite site to livestream is Law & Crime. If you prefer to watch but don’t have a subscription, go to YouTube and type “Mark Sievers Trial livestream Law and Crime” into the search engine & that should bring it up.

I like it best because no buffering, no commercials and no anchors/reporters. Just the trial.

Wednesday, November 20th:
*Trial continues (Day 1)-Opening Statements (@ 10am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 11/12/19 with jury selection. Opening statements start on 11/20. Trial expected to last 5 weeks. Jury: 9 women & 3 men.
Jury Selection 11/12/19 (Day 1) thru 11/14/19 (Day 3) reference post #293 here:
Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

11/15/19 Day 4 of Jury Selection: 64 potential jurors for today’s Round 2 of questioning on DP. Judge Kyle told a group of about 20 people who came in this morning to come back instead on Monday afternoon. Judge Kyle: "The panel has shrunk". And shrinking quickly this morning. 10 potential jurors have already been sent home since 8:30am. Some for being against death penalty, others now with work or medical issues that weren't brought up earlier in questioning. Jury selection continues to Monday, 11/18.
11/18/19 Day 5 of Jury Selection: Judge said there's 24 potential jurors cleared for general voir dire (likely tomorrow morning). He'll need 42-44 total to get a jury. They have about 20 for today to death penalty qualify. Judge talking with his team hopeful to start general voir dire tomorrow morning if there are enough potential jurors kept from today's 22. Judge just sent the 24 already cleared through death penalty qualifications home until tomorrow morning. Judge expects the jury to be seated Wed. or Thursday. The jury has a question (1 hour 30 minutes into deliberations). 14 coming back tomorrow with another group of 24. 8 sent home today. Jury selection continues on 11/19.
11/19/19 Day 6 of Jury Selection: 38 potential jurors here this morning. One has been sent home. Prosecutors have finished asking jurors questions. Defense finished questioning the group of 37 remaining potential jurors. Attorneys will now get a chance to argue for cause strikes and use a certain number of preemptive strikes to whittle the pool down. Need 14 jurors left after this process to begin opening statements. Three jurors just struck for cause. We are now down to 34 potential jurors by my count. A panel of 12 jurors has been selected for the Mark Sievers Trial. They are picking alternates now. The jury has been selected in the FL v. Mark Sievers. Opening statements tomorrow morning 10 a.m. on 11/20. Judge Kyle is now reading the charges against Sievers to the jurors. Sievers is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Jury being sworn in now. 9 women, 3 men in this jury.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentencing on 12/12. Motion for new trial-denied.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal.
Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

I'm in Australia, so I probably can't watch much, but I sure will be reading each day to keep up, thank you!

Not to worry, Minusfour! I've been able to find the different days of the trial on youtube. Law and Crime, and Nbc2 Live Stream will still post the trial, after the fact. So, you won't really miss anything. You'll just see it at a different time! You can also google the Mark Sievers Trial or Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial, and see what videos pop up about the trial. I hope you find something to watch. Good Luck!

Wednesday, November 20th:
*Trial continues (Day 1)-Opening Statements (@ 10am ET) – FL – Dr. Teresa Ann Grace Sievers (46) (June 29, 2015, Bonita Springs) – *Mark D. Sievers (50) arrested & charged (2/26/16) & indicted (5/4/16) with 1st degree premeditated murder & conspiracy to commit 1st degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial began on 11/12/19 with jury selection. Opening statements start on 11/20. Trial expected to last 5 weeks. Jury: 9 women & 3 men.
Jury Selection 11/12/19 (Day 1) thru 11/14/19 (Day 3) reference post #293 here:
Mark Sievers - Jury Selection

11/15/19 Day 4 of Jury Selection: 64 potential jurors for today’s Round 2 of questioning on DP. Judge Kyle told a group of about 20 people who came in this morning to come back instead on Monday afternoon. Judge Kyle: "The panel has shrunk". And shrinking quickly this morning. 10 potential jurors have already been sent home since 8:30am. Some for being against death penalty, others now with work or medical issues that weren't brought up earlier in questioning. Jury selection continues to Monday, 11/18.
11/18/19 Day 5 of Jury Selection: Judge said there's 24 potential jurors cleared for general voir dire (likely tomorrow morning). He'll need 42-44 total to get a jury. They have about 20 for today to death penalty qualify. Judge talking with his team hopeful to start general voir dire tomorrow morning if there are enough potential jurors kept from today's 22. Judge just sent the 24 already cleared through death penalty qualifications home until tomorrow morning. Judge expects the jury to be seated Wed. or Thursday. The jury has a question (1 hour 30 minutes into deliberations). 14 coming back tomorrow with another group of 24. 8 sent home today. Jury selection continues on 11/19.
11/19/19 Day 6 of Jury Selection: 38 potential jurors here this morning. One has been sent home. Prosecutors have finished asking jurors questions. Defense finished questioning the group of 37 remaining potential jurors. Attorneys will now get a chance to argue for cause strikes and use a certain number of preemptive strikes to whittle the pool down. Need 14 jurors left after this process to begin opening statements. Three jurors just struck for cause. We are now down to 34 potential jurors by my count. A panel of 12 jurors has been selected for the Mark Sievers Trial. They are picking alternates now. The jury has been selected in the FL v. Mark Sievers. Opening statements tomorrow morning 10 a.m. on 11/20. Judge Kyle is now reading the charges against Sievers to the jurors. Sievers is charged with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Jury being sworn in now. 9 women, 3 men in this jury.
*Jimmy Ray Rodgers (28) – Trial 10/23/19: Jury found Rodgers guilty of second degree murder, not guilty of conspiracy, guilty of trespassing. Sentencing on 12/12. Motion for new trial-denied.
*Curtis Wayne Wright, Jr. (41) arrested (10/14/15) & charged (10/20/15) & indicted (5/5/16) with 2nd degree premeditated murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Took plea deal (2/26/16) plead guilty to 2nd degree murder; serving 25 years, waives all rights to appeal.
Will testify at trials. Sentencing on 12/2.

Thanks for the information that the opening statements will be delayed until 10 am. I was here getting ready for it to start at 8:30.

Thanks moderators for putting in the header that the trial is starting.

I'm not looking forward to the family having to deal with the story the defense might spin or private information they might be sharing about Theresa to smear her.

I too will have to come in early every morning for updates since I'm 10 hours ahead of you all on the East Coast....

Make sure you get ALL the witness names!! :D It will be easier for me to keep up with my notes! TIA all!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419