Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread - Days 1 - 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:) Hello,

First, Subscribing to this Thread/Forum.

Second, Court TV was recently added to my TV line-up, and that's how I heard about Dr. Sievers' case. I know -- I am several years behind on this case, along with many other cases here at WS because of my "real life" ... but I have spent the past week reading Dr. Sievers' forum here at WS

I am going to follow as much of MS trial as I can, and from what I have read here so far, it's going to be a very interesting trial.

Oh, while I truly believe in "innocent until proven guilty," reviewing the evidence, etc. ... I have NO doubt MS is guilty of 1st degree murder.

:) And thank you to all for the updates, links, etc !

JMO and MOO

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 7m

Court is back from recess. Judge Bruce Kyle is here and the jury is coming out. #SieversTrial

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 4m

The state has called Detective Jamie Nolen of the Lee County Sheriff's Office as it's first witness. In 2015, Nolen was a homicide investigator and has been with the sheriff's office for nearly 17 years.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 2m

Nolen is talking about arriving on scene at the Sievers home in June 2015 the day Teresa Sievers was found dead. Teresa was obviously dead, laying face down, Nolen said.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 3m

On scene was Dr. Mark Petrites, who found Teresa Sievers' body and called police, Nolen said.

Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19 3m

Nolen obtained a buccal swab from Petrites he said. This means Petrites mouth was swabbed for DNA, Nolen said.

Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19 3m

Nolen is being questioned by Assistant State Attorney Hamid Hunter. Nolen did testify during the Jimmy Rodgers trial last month, but he was not the first witness.

Detective made contact with MS and informed him that his wife was deceased. He took a sworn statement at that time. He had a second discussion with MS a few days later. State asking if cell phones are an important factor in investigating. Defense objects and goes to sidebar.

Taylor Petras‏ @TaylorPetras 2m2 minutes ago
Sievers' attorney makes an objection when the state begins to ask Nolen about the importance of cell phones in an investigation. Both sides are at sidebar now with the judge @winknews

Jaclyn Bevis‏ @jbevis10 1m1 minute ago
We've seen a lot of objections early on in questioning. They're in the second side bar discussion for this first witness. If it continues, this could be extra slow. #trialtweets #NBC2CourtCoverage #MarkSieversontrial #TeresaSievers

Sandra Rodriguez‏ @SandraR_media 1m1 minute ago

Det. Nolen says Mark Sievers told detectives he was in New York when the murder was committed.

He adds that Mark Sievers told detectives his mother, Bonny Sievers, had access to the home while the family was away on vacation.

Taylor Petras‏ @TaylorPetras 41s41 seconds ago
The defense has objected to the first two pieces of evidence entered into record which include a DNA swap from Mark Petrites (the friend who found Dr. Teresa Sievers dead) and a consent to search form for Mark Sievers' cell phone @winknews

Brooke Shafer @BrookeWINKNews 1m

Detective testified when he arrived at the #Sievers home in 2015, he saw Dr. Teresa Sievers laying face down. "There was a lot of blood." #SieversTrial @winknews

Julia Jenaé@JuliaCourtTV 3s

First State witness is a homicide investigator who was one of the first on scene of #TeresaSievers murder. Prosecutors are going in a different order than before. During #JimmyRodgersTrial they first called the victim’s sister and then the family friend who discovered the body.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19 5m

I just looked back at my notes and Nolen testified on day two of the Rodgers trial. The first witness called in that trial was Teresa Sievers' sister Ann Lisa so we are already seeing some differences from the state here.

Jake Allen [URL='https://twitter.com/Jake_Allen19']@Jake_Allen19 [/URL]6m

Petrites advised Nolen he received a phone call from Mark Sievers before he found Teresa Sievers dead, Nolen said. An investigator spoke to Mark Sievers on the phone on June 29, 2015, in the afternoon after his wife was found dead, Nolen said.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19
7m

Nolen spoke with Mark Sievers at his mother's home in Bonita Springs at about 7 p.m. on June 29, 2015, Nolen said. This was when Nolen told Mark Sievers his wife was dead, Nolen said.

Jake Allen @Jake_Allen19
4m

On July 1, 2015, Nolen met with Mark Sievers. Sievers allowed the sheriff's office to search his cellphone at the time, Nolen said.

[URL='https://twitter.com/Jake_Allen19']Jake Allen
@Jake_Allen19[/URL]
5m

Nolen identifies Mark Sievers in the courtroom.

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 23s24 seconds ago

WATCH LIVE: Prosecution's first witness is Det. Jamie Nolen. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/mark-sievers/watch-live-mark-sievers-on-trial-for-allegedly-orchestrating-murder-of-wife-dr-teresa-sievers/ …

EJ1jVIPU0AEXCJG.png

Sandra Rodriguez‏ @SandraR_media 8s9 seconds ago
Det. Nolen says the also sent a search warrant to AT&T, who was the provider for Mark Sievers's cellphone, to get phone records.

Det. Nolen says they also requested cellphone records for Teresa Sievers's cellphone.

Taylor Petras‏ @TaylorPetras 23s24 seconds ago
Det. Nolen testified he sent subpoenas to several life insurance companies to get more information on the policies for the Sievers. He also requested records from AT&T for Mark and Teresa's cell phones. @winknews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea