Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
In one of those walk through video's, can't recall which person's, right where Abby and Libby began on the trail there was a little area with a bench. It's possible that's where the girls encountered BG and could have got creeped out by his behavior. Maybe he was talking to himself (I've said before when I view a loop of the ISP video zoomed into BG's face, I see him either talking or singing) Then he just kept a distance away from them, stalking them. When they saw him again after they crossed, on the bridge coming towards them, they got nervous because the weird guy they saw was approaching them.

After hearing what ISP official recently said about the sketches though, my whole feeling about BG has changed. I have to consider more now that he had a partner.

Then just reading what I think is a transcript of a BP interview where she says she saw kids there under the bridge, I now think Abby and Libby did not get marched immediately down the hill by the bridge. BG must have taken them through the woods up top and then down the hill more in the area of the creek crossing. Those kids being there at BP search time and FSG even saying to DG at pick-up time that he saw a couple under the bridge means BG wouldn't have brought the girls down there, right?
Maybe BG wasn't talking to himself? Maybe he had an earbud-type thing in and was on his cell phone talking to someone? ETA...on second thought, no disregard my comment. If he was on a cell phone that would make it incredibly easy to track him. I don't think he was on a cell phone.

Maybe BG wasn't talking to himself? Maybe he had an earbud-type thing in and was on his cell phone talking to someone? ETA...on second thought, no disregard my comment. If he was on a cell phone that would make it incredibly easy to track him. I don't think he was on a cell phone.
Well everyone has a phone these days. Why would he be the exception? We have discussed this before a long while ago but most came to the conclusion it would be a burner phone if he had one. Surely they have the phone date from the towers?

Well, according to this interview with Boone County Sheriff, the stand-off was over six hours long. Perhaps Etter carried on a conversation with officers and the Delphi crime came up? Six hours is a long time to sit out in the sun. Just a wondering thought.
Sheriff who led standoff worries about officers

Another reason for LE to be interested in Etter. According to his address on his Warrant, he lived in a wee little burg called Buck Creek. It is right on the Hoosier Heartland Hwy (we call State Road 25) and is only 9 miles from the center of Delphi. I find his charges very interesting.

That's something that I found stunning right from the start. How similar all the girls type-wise are.
I also find the likeness uncanny alongside the area and landscape in which Elizabeth & Lyric were found. Obviously there is the date as well. I try to work out when is a coincidence not a coincidence and must admit I find it difficult to totally disregard the murders of Elizabeth and Lyric in Evansdale as no connection to Delphi Abby and Libby. Suffice to say it niggles me.

MingyMoo

But who was tracking him on that bridge? Or maybe he used a burner-type phone. He still could have used something to communicate. Or maybe he was listening to music; just using some cheap device. It does seem to me that he had earbuds.

There was some resemblance between the Delphi girls and the Evansdale girls .....

You know, maybe I don't see something, but how are they similar? Maybe the faces - slightly, exceptionally slightly, but the haircuts, bodies, postures, and of course the general impression - two children vs two teenagers turning into young women. Could another victim be a young woman, blonde, or a redhead, slim, with a mass of hair pulled up? Yes. Two kids are two kids.

If there was similarity, then maybe the BG was searching for children, but in the absence of the opportunity, decided that two teenagers might work. And then he had to pass them and look into their faces, to see that they were childish, no makeup, etc.

Question, how common would it be for younger children of Delphi to get on the bridge unattended? It doesn't seem to be a safe place. If BG were hunting for younger kids, he'd probably look for them on the trails.

ETA: If we assume that BG killed both Abby and Libby + Lyric and Elizabeth, then this no doubt makes him a SK. Then there is no reason to believe that these were his only victim. And because SK usually would kill in own neighborhood, maybe there is a need to look at our disappearances/bodies in IN and IA, or see who migrated between these two states, maybe, IL, too?

Last edited:
I have a question about the helicopter search video that was posted a few days back. Was that taken during the active search before the girls were found? Aren’t the searchers shown in the red suits in the creek super close to the bodies?
I also found it interesting how many cars are parked at the cemetery at that point. LE and searchers must have known that was a shortcut to get to the bridge area?? Is that a shortcut most locals know about? Or maybe LE found something in that area?

I also found it interesting how many cars are parked at the cemetery at that point. LE and searchers must have known that was a shortcut to get to the bridge area?

I subscribe to the notion that the killer, at the least, exited the area via the cemetery, or close by.

LE and local folk knew the cemetery was the best place to access the murder site, so why wouldn't a killer believed by LE to have been from Delphi know the same?

The other possibility of escape is a bit more detailed, but the killer could very well have known the residence at the end of the lane that passes under MHB was unoccupied. He could have accessed a building there, changed up his clothing and/or appearance, and simply walked out that lane after dark, or have passed on through the heavily wooded area beyond that residence to the south east.....OR, may have become part of the search effort. The problem with that reasoning is, what would he have done with his change of clothing, presumably wet?

If not a planned murder, then this killer was almost certainly NOT a novice murderer either, to have killed two girls, in broad daylight, have his voice recorded, picture taken, and NOT leave enough evidence at the crime scene to lead to a speedy arrest. UNLESS, LE does have the evidence, but cannot match it to a person/killer.

I think the killer is local, or was local, just as LE has stated, knew the area, had at least one accomplice, had a motive, knew who he was killing, entered the area after being dropped off by someone, exited the area after the murders, the most logical place IMO would be that cemetery, and was picked up/drove off.

Im sure im wrong, but I still believe there has to be 2 perps. One waiting in an area and BG as the one to corral.
Maybe they had met the girls via some type of obviously unknown platform.
It would have been too difficult for one person to subdue and murder one without the other running.

You know, maybe I don't see something, but how are they similar? Maybe the faces - slightly, exceptionally slightly, but the haircuts, bodies, postures, and of course the general impression - two children vs two teenagers turning into young women. Could another victim be a young woman, blonde, or a redhead, slim, with a mass of hair pulled up? Yes. Two kids are two kids.

If there was similarity, then maybe the BG was searching for children, but in the absence of the opportunity, decided that two teenagers might work. And then he had to pass them and look into their faces, to see that they were childish, no makeup, etc.

Question, how common would it be for younger children of Delphi to get on the bridge unattended? It doesn't seem to be a safe place. If BG were hunting for younger kids, he'd probably look for them on the trails.

ETA: If we assume that BG killed both Abby and Libby + Lyric and Elizabeth, then this no doubt makes him a SK. Then there is no reason to believe that these were his only victim. And because SK usually would kill in own neighborhood, maybe there is a need to look at our disappearances/bodies in IN and IA, or see who migrated between these two states, maybe, IL, too?
I for my part see it, that Lyric and Libby are similar types and Lizzy and Abby are similar types (only the faces, I know). Of course, Lyric/Lizzy were children and the Delphi girls were already teenagers and there is a big difference in that.
Maybe also, the day of murder was more important to the killer than the type or age of girls. We don't know yet.

Another reason for LE to be interested in Etter. According to his address on his Warrant, he lived in a wee little burg called Buck Creek. It is right on the Hoosier Heartland Hwy (we call State Road 25) and is only 9 miles from the center of Delphi. I find his charges very interesting.
You’d think LE would have found out by now if he was involved?
A lot fits IMO where PE is concerned, but there were others that fit, too. But none of them have looked similar to the NBG sketch.
IDK what to make of it.
I still think that guy you pointed out from Dugger, IN might be a possibility...I’m keeping a close eye on that one.
MOO

Im sure im wrong, but I still believe there has to be 2 perps. One waiting in an area and BG as the one to corral.
It would have been too difficult for one person to subdue and murder one without the other running.
I wonder that, too. LE released 2 different sketches, 2 different people... But if LE thinks there were 2 perps, what would be the reason they would not tell the Delphi community?
MOO

I have a question about the helicopter search video that was posted a few days back. Was that taken during the active search before the girls were found? Aren’t the searchers shown in the red suits in the creek super close to the bodies?
I also found it interesting how many cars are parked at the cemetery at that point. LE and searchers must have known that was a shortcut to get to the bridge area?? Is that a shortcut most locals know about? Or maybe LE found something in that area?

I went back several pages and didnt see the video in question. If it the video i am thinking of, and individuals are in red suits in the creek, it was taken after they were found.

Has LE ever confirmed that the girls texted about a "creepy guy"? I saw online where Libby's grandma answered "yes" when someone asked if the girls had mentioned him. I don't recall if authorities talked about it.
I'd be interested to know what time that "creepy guy" text came through in relation to the video of BG. I know Abby's pic on the bridge was at 2:07. Has LE ever said what time the video of BG was taken?
I too am puzzled why LE can't release more of BG walking on the bridge unless maybe that's all they have. Maybe the rest is just the audio.

I could be wrong about this. But i think the "creepy guy" came from Gray Hughes, who alleges he spoke to someone in LE who had heard the audio from the video and would know.

While people have their own opinions on Gray, he has featured Becky, Mike, and Kelsi on his show many times...thus he has the family's stamp of approval.

That means something to me, at least.

And while I cant say for certainty that Gray originated the "creepy guy" line (tho i think he might have) he definitely has stated it many times.

I have seen videos of large gaps in the bridge where a person can climb down underneath. In fact AG [I don't know if I can use his name but he lives in the Delphi area] was out doing his video of how he thinks the crime went down. He had his two buddies with him and AG actually dropped down onto the metal beams under the bridge. If BG was hiding under the end of the bridge [the end where Libby took her snapchat photos] he could feasibly hike his leg up and crawl across a beam and up onto the bridge. Has anyone on here walked the bridge to clarify if there are any large gaps in the rail bed ties that would allow a human to climb up through? I have always thought that he literally popped into sight quickly. For as long as that bridge is, and considering that Libby was busy taking photos, I have always wondered how she didn't catch him in a photo way down on the far end of the bridge moving in their direction? If he came up from under the bridge unexpectedly, that would explain it. Is there anyone here that is familiar with the under structure of the MHB? Was it a local tradition for kids to climb up under the bridge and move along and come up further down the bridge? You know how kids always manage to find dangerous things to do that would horrify their parents [stupid kid stuff]. If BG ever lived in Delphi or is from the area, he may be very familiar with acting like a mole and popping up through openings in the bridge. May be something he once did with friends.

The only problem with that theory is when did Liberty German and Abigail Williams cross paths with the killer in order to cause Liberty to want to videotape him with her phone? Or is it that you are saying the girls previously saw him and noticed that he was intently watching and following them all the way to the Monon High Bridge, at which point he must have stopped following since he is not in the Snapchat photo. So then he went underneath the bridge and climbed up from underneath. This seems like an almost impossible feat from what I have seen of the Monon High Bridge in videos. And what would be the reason for that? That certainly would attract attention to the bridge guy. I do not think it is very likely he was hiding underneath the bridge. But it is a possibility like so many others.

The sad thing about this case is that maybe since the day of the crime something happened to the killer and that is why he has not been caught? Maybe he died in an accident?

And then this case ends up being discussed for years without any sort of resolution.

I think so, too. That would explain the "false confession" narrative we've heard so often = someone taking the fall for someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500