OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did not need any documents to get custody after the murders. All he would need is proof he was the father. Proof he was the only man that accepted her as his daughter and that he was the person she considered her father may have been enough.

A quick dna test would prove that too. Did he have doubts but didn't want to risk losing her with a dna test because he'd "accepted her as his daughter and that he was the person she considered her father"?

I saw Rita look back at the family, before the hearing started, and after it was over she put her hand lightly on Mrs. R's arm, at the doorway, when she was leaving. I believe she wanted to say she was sorry. Then again, I may have too much empathy. ;)
I’m sure she is sorry, this is a sad situation when living in a small town. Even though RN didn’t commit the murders, the dark cloud will always follow her. There will always be those who will whisper and point fingers. I don’t think RN new anything about the murders and I strongly believe that she would not have participated and more than likely tried to stop it had she known. She definitely needs to stay away from FW. Surely they understand that today’s guilty plea may have put her in danger. My opinion

A quick dna test would prove that too. Did he have doubts but didn't want to risk losing her with a dna test because he'd "accepted her as his daughter and that he was the person she considered her father"?
Did they do a dna test at the custody hearing, after the murders, Rsd? I would think it would be required but all I've heard about are photos, and a hammertoe. o_O

By Holly Zachariah - Columbus Dispatch writer/intern coordinator
Posted Dec 2, 2019 at 3:03 PM
The Columbus Dispatch

AR-191209763.jpg

Rita Newcomb cries into the arms of her attorney, Frank Gerlach, after a hearing in Pike County Common Pleas Court Monday afternoon. At left is Prosecutor Angela Canepa.
EP-191209763.jpg

Rita Newcomb says it would not be truthful to her Christian faith if she lied, so she pleaded guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge of obstructing official business in Pike County Common Pleas Court Monday afternoon. At right is her attorney, Frank Gerlach.

Honestly, I don't think she would. MOO. But I think its possible Gerlach wants her to talk to FW.

RN should steer clear of any of the W's for the near future. FW probably isn't happy about RN's agreement.
BBM You've got my mind in over drive, Betty. Why do you suppose Gerlach would want her to talk to FW?

I’m sure she is sorry, this is a sad situation when living in a small town. Even though RN didn’t commit the murders, the dark cloud will always follow her. There will always be those who will whisper and point fingers. I don’t think RN new anything about the murders and I strongly believe that she would not have participated and more than likely tried to stop it had she known. She definitely needs to stay away from FW. Surely they understand that today’s guilty plea may have put her in danger. My opinion
After the dismissal, AC spoke to Rita briefly and then patted her on the back and...if my lip reading is correct...AC said something to Rita to the effect That everything will be all right.

I wonder what FW is doing this afternoon?

RN said she felt its not a good Christian thing to lie. Her change is voluntary, plea of guilty.

Says no one has promised her anything for pleading guilty to reduced charge.

Oh I doubt it was just voluntarily out of the air, (so to speak). She can face up to 90 days in prison and/or $7500 and court costs.

She knew she'd be found guilty on Perjury, and Obstruction of Justice.

I think she pleaded guilty to obstructing "Official Business" which brought it from a Felony 5 to a Misdemeanor 2.

This is what I heard during hearing.

I hope she has to pay court costs for all the time "in the name of justice".
This is my opinion.

Not surprising that AW would do that.

Gerlach wants a copy of something. Audio of agreement? IDK

If docs were notarized, RN still did that in a fraudulent manner. State is dropping that charge, though as part of the deal.

Yes. Who stamped it?
Gerlach still wants recorded Grand Jury Testimony. He had the transcript (I assume of just RN)

Did they do a dna test at the custody hearing, after the murders, Rsd? I would think it would be required but all I've heard about are photos, and a hammertoe. o_O

Here's an article mentioning Jake and CG taking a DNA paternity test:

Pike County: 'That's all we've got left. Just those kids.'

"..No father's name is listed on her birth certificate. Family and friends say her mom had been in three on-again, off-again relationships during the time in which Kylie was conceived. And two of those men said they will take paternity tests, perhaps as soon as this week, to determine paternity. They both want to raise the baby girl.

Jake Wagner, 23, said there's a 50/50 chance he's Kylie's father. He and Hanna Rhoden dated for nearly three years before they welcomed her half-sister, Sophia, now 2 1/2 years old. If Wagner is her father, that would mean her half-sister would become her full sister.

Charlie Gilley, 21, has never held Kylie. But he aches to, he said. He's seen pictures of her.

"Have you seen her photo? She looks just like me,'' he beamed. "Don't you think?"

He, too, has hired a lawyer. And just like Wagner, he is awaiting the material needed to have his DNA tested to establish paternity.. "

I believe the judge said maximum fine of $750, but he also misspoke several times saying the charge she plead guilty to was a felony, after the first one they clarified it's a misdemeanor, then afterwards he repeated the mistake unchallenged.

Wonder why Gerlach still wants the audio copy from the Grand Jury proceedings? For what purpose? He said in court it had no bearing on this plea agreement. So what's he going to do with it?

Rhetorical question: Who stands to gain from forged custody documents? Apparently forged around 18 days before the murders. It's now known that RN lied to the GJ about signing for notarization ... Well IMO AC will make much hay from this.

Playing these appearances over my tv is better than being there in person in many ways. Sound is much better for one. I ran it through the Xbox using the Microsoft Edge app for the browser, the web address has been the same for all hearings covered by channel 12 - Watch .

ETA - here's the link with a space in the middle - https://local12. com/watch

IANAL, but in moo, RN will not have much more to add unless she heard the W4 say where things were hidden. She is not able to travel cuz she has no transportation so any info she has to give would be heresay. Heresay may be enough for probable cause for warrants but cannot be used in court. Therefore I don’t see much more to be gained unless RN could divulge where things may be hidden. She could testify in court that those are not her signatures and maybe that she loaned her stamper (more likely that she “left it” at AW’s) but she won’t be able to say AW forged them if she did not witness it. Even if AW told her directly that she did it then it would still be heresay. JMOO.

If she heard directly from any of the indicted that is not hearsay. That is first hand conversation and direct evidence.
If someone told her what someone said or did that is hearsay.

Here's an article mentioning Jake and CG taking a DNA paternity test:

Pike County: 'That's all we've got left. Just those kids.'

"..No father's name is listed on her birth certificate. Family and friends say her mom had been in three on-again, off-again relationships during the time in which Kylie was conceived. And two of those men said they will take paternity tests, perhaps as soon as this week, to determine paternity. They both want to raise the baby girl.

Jake Wagner, 23, said there's a 50/50 chance he's Kylie's father. He and Hanna Rhoden dated for nearly three years before they welcomed her half-sister, Sophia, now 2 1/2 years old. If Wagner is her father, that would mean her half-sister would become her full sister.

Charlie Gilley, 21, has never held Kylie. But he aches to, he said. He's seen pictures of her.

"Have you seen her photo? She looks just like me,'' he beamed. "Don't you think?"

He, too, has hired a lawyer. And just like Wagner, he is awaiting the material needed to have his DNA tested to establish paternity.. "
Thank you for the info, CC!

I'm not sure which signatures were forged - whether it was RN's on the notary docs or HMRs on the custody/guardianship docs. JMO, it was the latter and RN notarized the fake signature. That's the way I heard it, but ICBW.

Either way, I hope RN is safe in the coming weeks and months. Even though the 4W's are locked up, FW is still out.

I was a little unnerved when Gerlach enthusiastically asked the Judge if it would be ok for RN to have contact now with Fredericka, as if they wanted to get together right away. I think he was shocked when the Judge said 'No'.

IMO BOTH: RN denies the signatures are hers and the State’s expert agrees. Also there are signatures that were possibly photocopied (most likely HMR’s) via a printer (in AW’s discovery). Without RN’s legal signature & stamp, G4 & JW’s would be considered forged, even if the boys’ signatures were their own, cuz only RN could legally witness their signatures. And since the documents require 2 witnesses I’m going to assume GW3 also signed the documents since it is included in his indictments too. I’m not sure how the State will prove the dates of the documents unless that’s something RN can testify to in court. I would LOVE to know what documents Atty Dailey was going to testify to. Wonder if he may be called in AW’s trial now. These are only my theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500