Found Deceased AL - Aniah Haley Blanchard, 19, Auburn, Lee County, 23 Oct 2019 *Arrest* #6

This case is getting more complicated, it seems.
1. I’m curious to know why IY was driven to Auburn, then dropped off there without a ride home - how was he planning to get back to Montgomery? Was he planning to steal a car?
2. Is it possible that there is still more to this story, and AB was willingly driving IY at first?* That is, as her mother suggested, there is a link between IY and AB, specifically they know someone in common, and he played on this connection to win her trust temporarily?
* I mention this in response to the new evidence that IY was seen exiting then entering the passenger side of AB’s car.
3. If AB was not driving during this second sighting, where was she? Incapacitated and an accomplice was driving? Had IY dropped her off to someone? (At the Clarion?)

Thoughts?

I've not completely caught up on the thread, but possibility # 2 does strike me, particularly because of the last video I saw of Aniah's Mom -- she was so earnest in saying (paraphrasing here) that she felt she had all those safety talks with Aniah, but saying she felt rather guilty, like she could have driven the point home more/said more to Aniah (no doubt she did all she could; but like all us parents, we always feel like you should say or do more to protect our children out in the real world). She was so emphatic about parents really hitting this hard with their own children...it really gave me the impression that Aniah may have been too kind and did extend some help (or maybe just friendliness that opened her up) that night. So as I read along this thread (depending on what else you guys discover), I'm wondering if she did offer a ride to a second location...or go herself to a second location, to "help" with something. Sometimes, especially with young people with great hearts, they'll extend in ways you may think they won't -- especially if it was a "quick" help and she was generally comfortable in the surrounding area (like busy or lit environment all on the way). OR if something was said about a common friend, which made her lower her guard. Anyway, just some quick thoughts.

A witness later told police he saw Yazeed interacting with Blanchard near her vehicle in front of the store and later forcing Blanchard into her vehicle against her will. That witness told investigators he didn’t call police because his female companion – who police said was either his wife or a girlfriend – told him not to get involved.
Records: Aniah Blanchard 'went for the gun'
So this article has a different take on this witness(s).

It is certainly a possibility but just hard for me to believe. I mean if he looked like a young tyrese, then maybe. We will know eventually. I am like you too, but I guess not everyone is like us.

I stopped trusting people, when a pregnant woman approach me one night with some sob story so i pulled out my purse to give her some cash and up popped her boyfriend pressuring me for more, I felt so trapped, I gave them more. I said never again.

I agree. I personally think if she was helping anyone it was a troubled “so called” friend. IMO
My thought process was that since he’s basically a career criminal, he’s probably really good at playing whatever part he needs to to get what he wants. That or he made her feel pressured & she kinda had a get in the car let me get this over with kinda mentality. This is JMO & my thinking.

I was stopped at a red light the other day and saw someone in a car stop and talk to a stranger walking down the side of the road, then let him in the car. I was shocked. I even made a note of the person and the car because I was worried it was going to end up on the news (WS has me paranoid).

That being said, Auburn is a college town and feels safer than most places. People give rides to people walking to and from football games, and it wouldn’t surprise me that much if he had the right story and she either felt safe enough or pressured enough to help. She was only 19, and I’m sure still believed that bad things mostly just happen to other people. No idea if that’s what happened, but I wouldn’t totally discount it.
That’s exactly what I thought. I can 100% see that happening in Auburn - not after this - but prior to this...for sure. Also... Let’s not forget the fact that it was a Wednesday night...that is the “go out to the bars” night in Auburn. That could possibly contribute to her thought process of not being completely alarmed right off the bat. I’ve personally seen some crazy things on a Wednesday night in Auburn..

A witness later told police he saw Yazeed interacting with Blanchard near her vehicle in front of the store and later forcing Blanchard into her vehicle against her will. That witness told investigators he didn’t call police because his female companion – who police said was either his wife or a girlfriend – told him not to get involved.
Seems like they combined the two affidavits...but the second one definitely had the part about forcing her into the car taken out.

I find it interesting it states that they were seen by the witness interacting by her vehicle and then LATER being forced against her will into the vehicle. It might just be the wording they chose to use but wording says a lot sometimes. MOO.

not one across the street,but one about a mile a way on an Shug Jordan (i think thats the name of that street) street and one towards the interstate.
I see two Gas stations on S College St between the Chevron and I85 (One across from Southparke Dr and one on Harmon Dr). There is also one just across I85.
The station on SJ Pkwy; on game days I visit a friend who has a condo near there. I never stop at that gas station (Shell) any more. There is always a rough looking crowd there, at least at night time. This is kind of strange with it being so close to campus.
(editorial edit)

I see two Gas stations on S College St between the Chevron and I85 (One across from Southparke Dr and one on Harmon Dr). There is also one just across I85.
The station on SJ Pkwy; on game days I visit a friend who has a condo near there. I never stop at that gas station (Shell) any more. There is always a rough looking crowd there, at least at night time. This is kind of strange with it being so close to campus.
(editorial edit)
Where exactly are you referring to with “between the interstate & I85”? Bc if we’re talking from the from the first Chevron towards the interstate, you’ve got the Chevron on Harmon, Walmart, then there’s two more right across the interstate. But from what was reported early on, idk if they ever crossed the interstate...

At least 13 states issue advisory alerts when adults go missing, and Alabama isn’t one of them. A nationwide system could close that gap, and technically a law mandating its creation already exists. The problem is, it hasn't yet been implemented.

Snip

“The delayed implementation of this critical public safety program is costing lives,” Warner wrote in a letter to Attorney General William Barr in October, referring to the DOJ’s lack of communication and inaction as “unacceptable.”
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam signed the state’s own version of the act into law in April. It took officials just three months to implement it.

Birmingham state Rep. Merika Coleman has also called on the DOJ to act. If it doesn’t, Coleman told ABC 33/40 that Alabama could look at creating its own system modeled after Virginia’s law in the next legislative session.
There’s no way to know if the presence of an alert system would have changed the tragic outcomes for Blanchard, whose body was discovered in Macon County days before the Thanksgiving holiday, or Crawford who was found dead in an Atlanta park on Nov. 9, but there is evidence that such systems increase the chances of safe recovery.
A nationwide missing adults alert exists by law. Why wasn't it used for Aniah Blanchard?
I wish they would include public responsibilities in response to these type alerts. I'm thinking in the lines of the old Civil Defense system. They could require actions such as:
1. Businesses in target area review and preserve security video.
2. Property owners walk their properties to look for anything unusual or signs of theft. This includes business owners inspecting storage rooms, vacant apartments, storage units, ...
3. Responsible governments inspect public lands and vacant properties.
If happens so frequently that it would be overwhelming, then maybe the public would put pressure on the criminal justice industry.

Where exactly are you referring to with “between the interstate & I85”? Bc if we’re talking from the from the first Chevron towards the interstate, you’ve got the Chevron on Harmon, Walmart, then there’s two more right across the interstate. But from what was reported early on, idk if they ever crossed the interstate...
You're right, I meant between the Chevron and I85. I edited the post. Thanks!

So IY is trying to say they was hanging out and that AB went for his gun (to rob him?) and that he shot her for self defense
You may be right, but that’s not how I read it. I took it to mean, he had kidnapped her but did not intend to kill her. But when she went for his gun (to try to get away), he shot her.

Seems like they combined the two affidavits...but the second one definitely had the part about forcing her into the car taken out.
MOO, maybe the second video, which showed that he exited the car from the passenger door, assuming it was the front right door, caused LE to question the witness's account that she was forced into the car. LE may have simply reworded the second affidavit to reduce the possibility that it would turn out to be inaccurate. It may be an insignificant point, given all of the other evidence, and they don't want to give him any technicality to use in defense.

I would hate to know I could have saved a life with a phone call and chose not to call. All he had to do was say what he witnessed, he did not need to give his name. So very sad.

MOO, I'm assuming the location in Montgomery where IY was seen wearing only shorts, with AB's car, ... is the residence on Placid Drive.
I really hope there is no connection of any kind between the Clarion witness and Fisher, the Johnsons, or that gang.
(edited for clarity)
2nd edit: but we know that the witness was somewhat familiar with IY, so we can assume IY recognized him as well, ... damn.

Last edited:
You may be right, but that’s not how I read it. I took it to mean, he had kidnapped her but did not intend to kill her. But when she went for his gun (to try to get away), he shot her.
I read it the way you did, too. I wonder how Aniah knew he had a gun, though, and where to “go for it” in the car unless he got it out. With what he was wearing in the Chevron, I doubt she could have seen it. The only way that scenario makes sense to me is if he had it out threatening her with it.

MOO, maybe the second video, which showed that he exited the car from the passenger door, assuming it was the front right door, caused LE to question the witness's account that she was forced into the car. LE may have simply reworded the second affidavit to reduce the possibility that it would turn out to be inaccurate. It may be an insignificant point, given all of the other evidence, and they don't want to give him any technicality to use in defense.
Yeah in the video of his cute little outburst in court with the judge, the judge mentions something to the effect of something being reworded in the affidavit to reflect....I couldn’t really get a whole lot bc IY was talking over him...did anyone else catch that? I’m going to go rewatch to see if I can hear...

MOO, I'm assuming the location in Montgomery where IY was seen wearing only shorts, with AB's car, ... is the residence on Placid Drive.
I really hope there is no connection of any kind between the Clarion witness and Fisher, the Johnsons, or that gang.
(edited for clarity)
2nd edit: but we know that the witness was somewhat familiar with IY, so we can assume IY recognized him as well, ... damn.
I think there is a connection between all of them. She is going to bring down their house of cards. Before this is over they are going to tripping over each other to make deals. JMO

I read it the way you did, too. I wonder how Aniah knew he had a gun, though, and where to “go for it” in the car unless he got it out. With what he was wearing in the Chevron, I doubt she could have seen it. The only way that scenario makes sense to me is if he had it out threatening her with it.

I now wonder if the forcing into the car was initially physical (what the witness saw) and then he brandished the weapon and she started to comply - and took him to the other gas station. Maybe he showed the weapon, she obliged to get in the car and drive him wherever then at some point she realized she was in a situation that she felt like she had to get herself out of and the rest happened?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmwllm
Back