***GUILTY*** Mark Sievers - 1st Degree Murder & Conspiracy

I asked earlier.... anyone think there’s a link between the PI and videographer AND Mark’s Stepmom or any other supportive family?
All were absent from the verdict announcement last night.
Just sayin.

There are so many angles to the idea of being in the courtroom for the verdict. The verdict came back fairly quickly. MS family may have thought that it was going to be a longer deliberation period. I also tend to think that even though MS looked shocked last night that his lawyers had prepared him and his family that a quick verdict was more likely to go against him rather than for him. His family would not be able to talk to him or be with him in court so I am guessing they had decided not to be there. It is possible that MS asked them not to be there b/c the media scrutiny would be hard. There are more further reaching issues that might be part of a family decision to not be in court. If they have any chance of a relationship with the grandkids/nieces, they have to not ruffle feathers as well-- not being in court leaves them out of the fray of being on Mark's side.

again grrr dbm - it's posting my comment before I'm finished with it. I have no idea it's been posted because I'm still typing. I post when I'm finished, see it's there and leave the page to shop a bit (don't judge). I just came back and saw part of the comment I had been writing and not posted, AND the same comment in it's entirety.

Last edited:
"JAC"?

@susnoat :)
Sorry to step in out of the blue (followed early on, 4 yrs ago, not much since), but can anyone pls tell what "JAC" stands for? Or point me to posts or link discussing it? Thx in adv.
Glad to see the verdict.

*waving at al66pine* Hiya! I'm not susnoat, so I'm butting in.

Justice Administrative Commission: Home

Justice Administration Commission - it's Death Penalty related.
It will be interesting when the Judge further investigates why the taxpayers via the JAC paid for the private investigator to video people coming in and out of the courtroom of the Sievers trial. It will be interesting, so I hope we get to see it :)

There are so many angles to the idea of being in the courtroom for the verdict. The verdict came back fairly quickly. MS family may have thought that it was going to be a longer deliberation period. I also tend to think that even though MS looked shocked last night that his lawyers had prepared him and his family that a quick verdict was more likely to go against him rather than for him. His family would not be able to talk to him or be with him in court so I am guessing they had decided not to be there. It is possible that MS asked them not to be there b/c the media scrutiny would be hard. There are more further reaching issues that might be part of a family decision to not be in court. If they have any chance of a relationship with the grandkids/nieces, they have to not ruffle feathers as well-- not being in court leaves them out of the fray of being on Mark's side.

IMO.. no, his family doesn't think that way. Its about THEM. If anything, i think a couple may have been nervous after the videographer fiasco. MM's wife looked downright terrified a few times. Something sketchy going on for sure.

They also could have been at dinner. I don't think they were quite as 'invested' as TS's family was. I think he was shocked no one was there for him.

IMO.. no, his family doesn't think that way. Its about THEM. If anything, i think a couple may have been nervous after the videographer fiasco. MM's wife looked downright terrified a few times. Something sketchy going on for sure.

They also could have been at dinner. I don't think they were quite as 'invested' as TS's family was. I think he was shocked no one was there for him.

Could be. MS never looked around to see who was there (on camera, anyway). They could have been nervous about the video. Those things said, I can only go so far as to what they think. All signs point to a very self-centered, self-serving crew. But, I do think we know that MS would want his family to have access to the girls as he won't. As a convicted murderer, he will have no say on custody agreements or can have his rights stripped. While I don't see the TS side stripping his rights, I certainly do see that they will function/focus on the best course of action for the girls. MS will get most of his information on the girls from his family as I doubt the girls will be making the trek to see him in FL often or at all. His lawyers would be counseling him as to how to ensure a relationship I am sure.

I am very suspicious of the videoing of the witnesses as well but I can't see that related to family. The lawyers have to tell the investigators what to do rather than the family as the lawyers are must be accountable for the actions of their team. I think the investigator was gearing up for hung jury and retrial. That would be a terrible thing to say in front of the prosecuting team b/c it would be like admitting their case was not strong--no defense ever does that as it would give the upper hand to the pros. team. I think the legal team, including MM wife if she is on payroll, recognizes they are going to get investigated by the powers that be---Bar Assoc. or Ethics Committee of the Bar-- and a full accounting will come out. My guess is that they were trying to get an edge on re-trail orthat JRR legal team was trying to get an edge on the JRR sentencing. I just don't see the family of MS that powerful or connected to be able to pull off something nefarious with a JAC granted service.

Hey all, whatta you guys think... . . that videographer yesterday and the PI. Mark’s supportive family members were absent from the courtroom for his big GUILTY verdict. You guys smell a rat here? Is there maybe a connection???
This is a puzzle to me. They were supposedly working for the JAC (Justice Administration Commission), if I remember that right. Isn't the JAC where Dr. P's attorney wife works, or am I way off base?

In that video, the grey haired guy with glasses can't stop looking at MS. He takes off his glasses and watches MS, puts the glasses on, is rubbing his hands until he is distracted by Teresa Siever's best friend. The rest of the family is focused on comforting each other. The gamut of responses there.
I am pretty sure that is Danielle’s husband. He knew Mark & Teresa well, too.

JAC is who pays the bills for indigent.. which Mark claimed. So MM would hire them and JAC pays the bills.
Not who Mrs. P works for.

Mark would look when he walks in and not see them. He wouldn't have to turn around. WIll have to look and see if he glanced over when walking back in.

I do think Mrs. M is on payroll, and she looked very nervous during all the video questioning.

Edited to add: I don't think we have heard a lot about the girls seeing anyone on his side. I've got the feeling there isn't contact.... and I don't think they (Sievers side) made alot of effort for that... only for custody and to me that was just so they'd have control of the money for Mark.

And i do think the defense thought it would be a hung jury.... and that is the reason for videoing.

Last edited:
This is a puzzle to me. They were supposedly working for the JAC (Justice Administration Commission), if I remember that right. Isn't the JAC where Dr. P's attorney wife works, or am I way off base?
No, that’s a different state agency. JAC = Justice Administrative Commission. In the simplest terms, JAC is the state agency that approves all fiscal expenditures for court appointed attorneys representing indigent clients & “associated due process vendors”. The videographer (or was it a PI?) Judge Kyle was so angry about lurking around the courthouse was one of those vendors, per Mummert. That was why Judge Kyle made a comment about JAC....basically, I have a a hunch that guy has gotten the last check he will ever get from JAC. lol

I am pretty sure that is Danielle’s husband. He knew Mark & Teresa well, too.
Thanks. I was struck at the way he kept looking at MS as he was fingerprinted. His face was not very expressive but his eyes were.

Last edited:
No, that’s a different state agency. JAC = Justice Administrative Commission. In the simplest terms, JAC is the state agency that approves all fiscal expenditures for court appointed attorneys representing indigent clients & “associated due process vendors”. The videographer (or was it a PI?) Judge Kyle was so angry about lurking around the courthouse was one of those vendors, per Mummert. That was why Judge Kyle made a comment about JAC....basically, I have a a hunch that guy has gotten the last check he will ever get from JAC. lol
Thanks @beach!

830am Tuesday, The DP phase starts!

Last edited:
I'm fine with him getting LWOP. How about others here?

Let him languish in prison in general population
with other common disgusting murderers for the
next 40+ yrs. Let him sink into oblivion.

I'll be surprised if he gets the DP.

Life in prison without parole is actually cheaper than the death penalty, it's said.

Plus it may be easier on the daughters to not have him facing the death penalty for years and it being an issue. That's where my thoughts and my concern are tonight, on the daughters and Teresa's family.
I’m not always pro-DP, but I am in this case. If a guy robbing a store kills the owners during the course of it and gets the DP, Mark should too. If a murder committed during the act of committing another crime qualifies one for the DP, then why shouldn’t a murder for hire that was planned out well in advance, with plenty of time to think better of it?

In gen pop, Sievers would have the opportunity to play basketball, work a job, make friends with others, watch TV, have visitors, etc.

On death row, he will be isolated alone with his thoughts 23 hours a day. Nobody to manipulate or impress. To me that is the perfect punishment, whether he ever gets executed or not.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back