ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are familiar with the area, do any of the photos on her profile seem to resemble the Cousins Island Bridge to you? That was my first thought when I saw them but then I wondered if it was a similar Bridge in the Richmond or Harpswell area.

I can definitely see why you’d think of Cousins Island. Though that looks like the Kennebec River Bridge in Richmond to me.

Thanks for posting this. It does kind of explain how it’s not unusual for the troopers not to contact owners of abandoned cars. They get a ton of those and it’s really up to the owner to call and locate their car they abandoned. It’s understandable, but in this case it could have made a huge difference if he had followed their policy.

Thanks for posting this. It does kind of explain how it’s not unusual for the troopers not to contact owners of abandoned cars. They get a ton of those and it’s really up to the owner to call and locate their car they abandoned. It’s understandable, but in this case it could have made a huge difference if he had followed their policy.
Policies are in place for a reason...and when not adhered to the consequences can be dire (like not realizing this woman was missing for days instead of hours).

Somebody asked why there weren't more searches this week. We had some serious snow, wind, and storm from Sunday to late Tuesday. Snowfall totals varied but we got 16 inches in our part of Massachusetts. It really wouldn't have been possible to search until the storm passed. Very nasty weather. I don't know how bad it was up in Maine, though.

That's funny, because my hubby and my adult kids are the exact opposite- they see and remember everything.

My youngest daughter has a photographic memory and remembers details no one could ever imagine, and they are always 100% accurate. Myself, I would definitely remember seeing a woman dressed in black walking, but unlike my daughter who would notice her head band and earrings, if she had them on, the color of them, etc- that is not me at all. I'll remember the lady dressed in black walking the opposite way. I might not even be sure of the color of her hair.

If I am driving, I definitely would have noticed her on that road. If I was a passenger and was occupied, then obviously I wouldn't.

I guess people are just different.

They are, and it wouldn't surprise me if somebody like your daughter DID see her and DID remember everything. It just doesn't surprise me that most of the drivers weren't paying attention.

I'm inclining more and more to bad luck--that something did cause her car to stall, she thought it was out of gas, and as her mother mentioned took some cash and license to walk to get gas. And while she was walking, an apparent Good Samaritan with bad intent stopped to offer her a ride...

Somebody asked why there weren't more searches this week. We had some serious snow, wind, and storm from Sunday to late Tuesday. Snowfall totals varied but we got 16 inches in our part of Massachusetts. It really wouldn't have been possible to search until the storm passed. Very nasty weather. I don't know how bad it was up in Maine, though.

Here in Portland we had a foot of snow by Tuesday afternoon.

Much like in MA, it depended on where in Maine. We got about 7.5" in Falmouth but Scarborough got 13". It was blustery but not unmanageable.

I just spoke to someone regarding the comments in the 12/2 update made by MG. The person I spoke with said that they reached out to the Falmouth PD and suggested that the 2 incidents might possibly be linked.

I'm an hour and 30 minutes away- both my area and up in Portland, we had a storm that dropped several inches of snow, stopped for a few hours, then looped back and dropped more snow. It would have been impossible to search on that day.

I just feel that if her body was in that water, it would have been found. Unlike lakes and rivers, there's high tide and low tide. If she jumped into the water at that time, the tide would be low. Portland, Casco Bay, Maine As in, possibly knee deep, at the very most.
I am quoting my post from earlier today. The low tide is bothering me- when she disappeared, if she was trying to either jump into the water or go into the water, it just wouldn't be deep enough. She would have had to walk quite a distance to immerse herself in that water. I would picture her shoe or shoes falling off if she did attempt this during that time.

Had she jumped, she would have fallen but there wouldn't have been much water there at that time to take her body away.

This detail is just bothering me.

If people didn't read those last two posts on her FB account, what thoughts would you have? Would you still think it was self harm? Just curious.

I've been following this pretty closely and here's what I've learned:
1. Her car was found heading northbound on Rte 295. Or southbound.
2. The car ran out of gas. Or it didn't.
3. AH was seen walking away from her car. Or towards it. If at all.
4. She either took her own life or took a vacation. Or she was abducted by a someone with whom she shared a long-time close relationship, or by a complete stranger.
5. I don't think I've heard any of the typical comments from family that "she would never hurt herself" (though she was said to be in a great mood). I have not heard LE say "don't worry, there is no threat to the public"
It's been a while since I've read about a case with such little direction after a week. Desperately Seeking Evidence.

They are, and it wouldn't surprise me if somebody like your daughter DID see her and DID remember everything. It just doesn't surprise me that most of the drivers weren't paying attention.

I'm inclining more and more to bad luck--that something did cause her car to stall, she thought it was out of gas, and as her mother mentioned took some cash and license to walk to get gas. And while she was walking, an apparent Good Samaritan with bad intent stopped to offer her a ride...
Maybe. Still though, doesn’t make sense that she has AAA and decided to walk for help. Also it’s been asked why didn’t she call her sister for assistance. Seems she might live close.

I am quoting my post from earlier today. The low tide is bothering me- when she disappeared, if she was trying to either jump into the water or go into the water, it just wouldn't be deep enough. She would have had to walk quite a distance to immerse herself in that water. I would picture her shoe or shoes falling off if she did attempt this during that time.

Had she jumped, she would have fallen but there wouldn't have been much water there at that time to take her body away.

If people didn't read those last two posts on her FB account, what thoughts would you have? Would you still think it was self harm? Just curious.
I can go through everything we know and be on the fence about it and then those fb updates she made swing me towards self harm.... damn you fb!

Just want to point out that in the article about the troopers posted upthread, it was stated that she was seen walking away from her car about 6:30am by a “motorist.” An earlier article said it was a tow truck driver who saw her. Also the article named the trooper and while it didn’t name the tow company, it said it was in south Portland.

Asking for peace and proclaiming love for her kids could just as easily be attributed to Anneliese’s need to get away from her current life. Even if just for a break. I take her comments either way.

I've been following this pretty closely and here's what I've learned:
1. Her car was found heading northbound on Rte 295. Or southbound.
2. The car ran out of gas. Or it didn't.
3. AH was seen walking away from her car. Or towards it. If at all.
4. She either took her own life or took a vacation. Or she was abducted by a someone with whom she shared a long-time close relationship, or by a complete stranger.
5. I don't think I've heard any of the typical comments from family that "she would never hurt herself" (though she was said to be in a great mood). I have not heard LE say "don't worry, there is no threat to the public"
It's been a while since I've read about a case with such little direction after a week. Desperately Seeking Evidence.
Also don't forget there was a witness that saw her walking northbound in the southbound lane. Or southbound in the northbound lane.

Was car out of gas or not running?
If it was fine, then it seems unlikely she would have stopped at all unless she chose to do so...
And her FB posts are very concerning and not of a type to be written “by force” imo...they seem very personal to her emotions, imo...

Maybe. Still though, doesn’t make sense that she has AAA and decided to walk for help. Also it’s been asked why didn’t she call her sister for assistance. Seems she might live close.

I just bought roadside assistance this year finally...and would never have set off on foot anyway, if I had a phone to call a friend or family. I can’t imagine doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JJ81